Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lorikz' s Minecraft Server

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630
  • Squadron:Kilo
Alright so I decided to create a minecraft server on my computer. It is more than capable of running one as a server however I can't always guarantee my internet connection (Comcast is kinda.. well comcastic....)

Basically until Shan or someone else gets a better server we can use mine.

I decided to revive my minecraft server. It has the same map as when it went down plus a lot more added stuff.

I am ninjaing Shan's rules since everyone knows them:

RULES:

1. Don't be a dick.
Don't go around smashing peoples' stuff, building in the way of things or generally messing things up.

2. You can build pretty much whatever you want, but if it's not really going to fit in with the main area then please go off a bit into your own area. Yes I don't care if you build a giant golden, lava spewing dong as per Yhatzee's suggestion. Yes I do care if you start building swastikas everywhere.

3. Obey Admins
If you receive a request then please obey it. If you think something is unfair let an admin know afterwards.

4. The catch-all
I reserve the right to blacklist, ban, punish, humiliate, etc. anyone on this server for whatever reason I deem necessary. If you behave then you probably don't need to worry about this one.

My server's IP is: 50.135.143.102:25565

If you want to be able to do anything on the server I need to know your in game name in order to give you user permissions.

Admins:
- Lorikz

Current Users:
- danvey
- halfeclipse (Rand0m her0)

Currently available user commands:
Spoiler

Added Features:
-Sign Lifts: Turn Signs into Elevators
Spoiler

-TeslaCoil: Zaps Mobs/Players
Spoiler

Buildr: Adds quick building tools. type /build to enable build mode. In build-mode you will have the following commands/features:
Spoiler

Updates I'm working on:
-Economy system
-

I take on requests, let me know what you want to see.

Pictures from the world:
Spoiler

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 16 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Updates/Info:

Server is currently up and running, post below with your name so I can give you user permissions.

Users should now be able to build and have all the commands listed in /help available to them.

To Do List:
- Add user commands
- Allow users to spawn most items
- Add mechanical features (elevators, etc...)
- Look into economy additions

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 18 August 2011 - 05:57 PM.

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
If anyone has any ideas for mods or what not that would be good to add let me know and I will look into getting them if I like you enough.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
OP Updated

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Weeeeee I R a user! :chairdance:

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174
I am Curu123, will play when I can

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ffrog

ffrog

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 179 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:435021
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
ffrog12 is me so add away. Can I have some of my friends in or not?

Make tea not war

Get rich don't die trying then you are a loser.

FightingOkra

FightingOkra

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 491 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:465973
  • Squadron:Delta
I currently play with the Industrial Craft Mod and BuildCraft Mod. They work very well together.

You can check out IC (Industrial Craft) at: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php/Main_Page

BuildCraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/286417-173-buildcraft-201-pipes-quarry-auto-crafting-building-engines/

One note: IC is not currently recieving any more updates, so it might not be playable when MC version 1.8 comes out, but that is b/c the creator is working on IC2.

These 2 mods basically advance Mincraft from the stone age, to the Industrial Age, allowing for advanced Machines.

Ex: With MC, you put Iron Ore into a Furnace and get 1 Iron Ingot. With IC, you put 1 Iron Ore into a Macerator, you get 2 Iron Dust. You then out those 2 dust into an Electric Furnace and get 2 Iron Ingots. Now, you have to power these Machines, so you can wire them ( the Macerator and the E. Furnace) to Solar Panels, that get get energy from the Sun during the Day. The are lots of diff ways to get Energy. It basically saves you coal or wood from burning in the furnace and gives you more resources, although they do take a bit to make in the beginning.

There is alot of other stuff you can do/build. Making giant Factories, Quaries, Pipe-lines and other things.

Edited by FightingOkra, 17 August 2011 - 11:03 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
curu and ffrog added to users

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Red Sorrow

Captain Red Sorrow

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 700 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:388169
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
How commonly is your server online? Can connected players use the TooManyItems mod to get materials instead of mining everything?

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
I try to keep it running non stop. It does just run on my computer at home but I have a high quality gaming rig so even with me using it I can still keep the server running with minimal impact on the quality of service. The only thing I can't guarantee is Comcast's internet service but it usually is fine so long as you don't go over the 250GB a month cap.

I will strive to maintain a 95% uptime on the server. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Edit: Forgot to add that while I won't add the toomanyitems mod as it doesn't have a compatible pluggin for a bukkit server I do plan on allowing users to spawn almost any item for themselves. I have to configure some more permissions and config files but I should have it IRONed out sometime tomorrow.

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 18 August 2011 - 04:07 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
Thanks Lorikz!

And harr harr, I see what you did there with the IRON :V

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418
Server's looking good, congrats Lorikz! :awesomeiron:

However I can't build/destroy anything, it gives me a 'you're not allowed to build here' message.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Updates/Info:

Users should now be able to build and have all the commands listed in /help available to them.

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 18 August 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
UPDATED

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
UPDATE:

Due to just about everyone complaining about not having the wand tool I added a feature I found that I believe is much like it. Commands and documentation for it can be found at the site bellow:
Also from now on if you want an add-on find one from this site as it has all the compatible plugins for my server.
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-mech-buildr-v0-6-toolbox-for-creative-servers-allows-faster-and-easier-building-1060.25644/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
Its pretty :)
It really helps delete stuff, however I cannot quite delete most things.

Would something like this be a bit more easy do you think? http://www.minecraftdl.com/magic-wands-mod/

or am I dreaming :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
Dont worry, I won, I figured it out

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
UPDATE:

New feature added: sign lifts

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-signlift-v0-9-elevators-with-signs-1000-permissions.2900/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Updates: Taking server offline for the night. It will be back on tomorrow morning.

Server is Currently: Online

Edited by Lorikz Kain, 25 August 2011 - 07:57 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users