Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The new nation RP.

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Behold the map of righteousness!

Posted Image

The Introduction and Explanation of the games purposes.
This RP was made as a spin-off of the ultra-failed old one made by The Trail! We dumped all the superflous aspects of the game like GDP, population buildup, etc. This RP is straight war and diplomacy. All the rules explained below were made to encourage and nearly force players to communicate and compromise to get anything done.

The Rules for the beginning of the game.
1. This map has exactly 31 nations on it each with 11 territories. In this grace period before the beginning of the game, players can trade territories with neighbors (You will not change the magic 11 number of territories.) and NPCs. Note that all your territories must touch eachother. No trading territories with a nation across the world :P

2. In the beginning, you can ask for whatever nation in the map you want. After choosing, you can ask for a colour change or whataver you can think of.

The Rules of War

1. You can have as many wars as you want at a given time.

2. A nation can only have three attacks per turn. You can attack the same nation more than once in this turn but not the same territory. (A war turn lasts 3 days) When a war is declared, I will number each territory of all nations involved in the war in order to make it convenient for the players to attack a specific territory.

3.You may only attack territories that border you. For instance, a nation in Canada cannot attack a territory in South America. The only exception to this rule is if you negotiate with the nations lying in between and ask for their permission to move your troops through their territory.

4. To attack over water, you can only do so over a sea route as hilited by the red lines on the map.

5. The attacking nation will have a chance of 50% to win a battle if both sides are equal. If the attacking nation loses the battle, they lose nothing but gain nothing. If the defending nation loses the battle, they lose that territory.

6. The odds of a nation winning/losing a battle is given by this formula: %= A/(A+B ), where A is the attacking nation's territories + its allies territories and B Is the defending nations territories and+ allied nations territories. If all sides are equal, the odds will be at 50 %. Taking the odds, we will use a random number generator to decide who wins and loses the battle. As you can see, the odds of winning/losing are affected by only two factors, number of territories and allies.

A. The odds for the above formula will be capped between 75% and 25%.

7. If there is a treaty between two nations (such as an MDP or higher), they will be treated as automatic allies in a war unless they say that they refuse to enter inside the war thread.

8. For the defense bonus given by defending allies, they must have a way to reach your nation (meaning they are adjacent to eachother, they are connected by a sea route, or another nation allows them to reach the territory being defended.) MDPs, MDoAPs, etc. will automatically make nations allies in a defensive war, nations can announce that they will defend a nation and join the defending coalition by posting in the war thread saying so. (This addition to the defending coalition will be added during the next war phase, meaning if a nation announces that they will be defending another nation during a war phase, it will not take hold until the next one.) A nation can pull out of a coalition by announcing it in that same thread but again that will take hold during the next battle phase.

9. In order to get the alliance bonus on the attacking team, nations must announce in the war thread that they will attack a specific territory. The attacking nations do not have to be official treaty allies. If a nation has two other people attacking with them, each one must announce that they are attacking the same territory to get maximum benifit of the attacking team.. This rule will happen for each round. (Remember that a nation must be able to attack the same territory as another in order to get the bonus.)

10. If the attacking coalition wins a territory, that territory will automatically go to the first attacker of that territory in that war round unless that nation says that they will give it to another.(There is no splitting of territories)Nations will be able to have territories separate from there nation. If a nation in Europe is attacking let's say Australia and win a territory, they can keep it despite it not being adjacent to the original country.

11. You cannot attack an unclaimed nation. (This is so if new players would like to join, they are not at a terrible disadvantage and have a chance to gain power.)

12. If an NPC is standing between you and a nation you want to attack, the NPC will be treated as if non-existant, allowing you to attack that nation.

13. If a nation loses all its territories, it is knocked out of the game. The only exception to this is if another nation allows a few territories to the said nation for its survival. (Technically, if there are any NPCs left, the ruler of the destroyed nation can recreat the nation in the NPC)

The rules of Mod.
1. The two RP mods are Friff and I, we created this game. The third one is Nerau and he will be the neutral party.

2. We will be unbiased and trustworthy. If the battles are of a war which either I or Friff are involved in, the duty goes to Theophilos for the specific war/wars. If Theophilos is involved in this same war (extremely unlikely), then we will decide on a trustworthy outside source to relay battle outcomes. (Most likely Nerau, the third mod of the RP who is not playing it.)

The rules for the player.

1. Have fun and make friends. This game is not a place to build grudges or hostility (although it is a war RP)

2. All aspects of the game not war will be controlled by player diplomacy (i.e Peace treaties, territory trades during game, alliances, etc.)

3. If someone thinks a rule should be changed/added/ etcetera, the issue will be put up to a vote by the game's players and the majority vote wins.

4. All nations involved in a war must sign the peace treaty for the war to officially end. Nations can sue for peace towards specific nations/coalitions and close a front of the war.

5. Treaties of alliance must be announced to be recognised.

6. Please do not make new threads for each battle. Create one war thread and post all battles in there.

Edited by Angel Cruz dela Sant, 02 April 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Friff

Friff

Ignored Trio Member :3

• BR|Member
  • 1,711 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:136214
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
  • Squadron:Kilo
My name is Frifforion Fimbulvetr, and I approve this message and/or product.

Q9uBe0A.png
:omfgzry3: 76561198017154467.png :omfgzry3:
*This space is for rent*

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
On a side-note, The game officially starts next friday. Please claim your nations now and do all trading before then please :3.

If there are any questions, please post them and I or Friff will answer them as swiftly as possible. Invite your friends and always remember. I love you :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Friff

Friff

Ignored Trio Member :3

• BR|Member
  • 1,711 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:136214
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
I claim Greenland in the name of the glorious Etherion empire.

Q9uBe0A.png
:omfgzry3: 76561198017154467.png :omfgzry3:
*This space is for rent*

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

I claim Greenland in the name of the glorious Etherion empire.

I claim the lands of France, Belgium, Iberia, Netherlands, and the isles of Briatin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
I claim the lands of Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

I claim the lands of Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary

I added you to the game. This Friday I will post the map with all who applied so far and then open everything up for trade. Also remember you can ask for a colour change :3 (brown is such a dreary colour)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

reign of terror

reign of terror

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,219 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:455330
  • Souls Baptized:196,252
  • Squadron:Delta
I claim Sweden, Finland, Norway and the rest of that area.

Can I get a nice dark blue for my country?

Posted Image

Wars Fought

NpO x16
VE x4

Sparta x4
CCC x3
UPN x3
TLR x3

LSF x1

Posted Image10 Nukes Eaten Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

I claim Sweden, Finland, Norway and the rest of that area.

Can I get a nice dark blue for my country?

Done and of course. Europe (not including monstrous Russia) has already been claimed now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

IYIyTh

IYIyTh

Cast IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 552 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:403243
The warlords of Zulu have come together and claimed the sphere of Southern Africa and Madagascar, and request that its stoicly pink lands be recolored blood red.
Posted Image Posted Image
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.

Robert Quillen
Going on Vacation? Thinking of deleting your nation because of RL time constraints? Do not just let your nation delete!
Contact me and we can find someone to (legally,) sit your nation for you for up to ten weeks!

Join us on irc!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

The warlords of Zulu have come together and claimed the sphere of Southern Africa and Madagascar, and request that its stoicly pink lands be recolored blood red.

Request accepted. And please choose another avatar. Yours gives me the creeps 3:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418
I claim the lands of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, The Guianas and the Caribbean. :D

And if possible, please change my color to a dark, graysh Orange.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

caleb

caleb

Freshly IRONed

• NM|Registered Users
  • 21 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:488269
I claim Australia in the name of the Spartan Empire.

I wanna steal the tan color from the Middle East.
Speak softly and carry a big stick!
~Theodore Roosevelt~

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
Look at all these requests! Already 7 confirmed nations! That's 1/5 of available land! C'mon IRONers, don't miss out on the fun!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Richard VII

Richard VII

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 185 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:545306
The tribal descendants of the east African kingdoms have acknowledged the threat of hostile Zulu rising in the south, and in alliance prepare to mount a defense.

East Africa is claimed in the name of... Noobia. :P

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 472 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:473725
  • Souls Baptized:295,748
  • Squadron:Delta
I will gladly take my spot back in China as Wei, if you could change the pink in China/Korea/Japan to a light blue color that would be cool, although it's not a big deal.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful I claim the lands and capital of the faithful!

Since a certain raccoon took the coveted green of the faithfull I'll go with red :P

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful I claim the lands and capital of the faithful!

Since a certain raccoon took the coveted green of the faithfull I'll go with red :P

You knew full well that my favourite colour is green. :V

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Deimos27

Deimos27

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,398 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:248338
  • Souls Baptized:0,880,004
The utopic sun-blessed lands of Northeastern Brazil are claimed and require a yellow gold color scheme much like their southern neighbors in Uruguay/Argentina/Chile are sporting right now.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:

The utopic sun-blessed lands of Northeastern Brazil are claimed and require a yellow gold color scheme much like their southern neighbors in Uruguay/Argentina/Chile are sporting right now.

Added my friend! ^_^

Have to switch some of the original colours around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users