Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-01] TSUNOMI (sic): The Semi Ultimate Normal Open Mafia Incongruity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo
TSUNOMI (sic): The Semi Ultimate Normal Open Mafia Incongruity

The Rules

• During the Day phase, each player may speak and vote inthread.
  • If a player receives the majority of the available votes during the Day, they are lynched.
  • At deadline, a player with half-majority will be lynched.
  • You may vote No Lynch.
  • After the Day, the game goes to Night.
  • The game thread is closed during the Night. The Mafia may speak to each other at Night. All Active Roles may submit actions via PM at Night.
  • The Mafia can, as a faction, kill one player at Night.
  • After the Night, the game goes to Day.
  • All dead players (lynched or killed) can no longer participate the game.
  • Basic rules for maintaining the integrity of the game thread are in effect (i.e. players may not quote their Role PMs, nor may they discuss the game outside the game thread unless otherwise permitted, etc.)
  • The game is comprised of factions, including Mafia, Town, and/or somewhat predictable third parties.
  • The game is won when only one faction remains in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

• Mass role-claiming is not allowed.

1. Xx Karl xX
2. cam177
3. d3mon
4. Imran Ehsan
5. Rafay
6. Alternate_Tree
7. Kaziocore
8. Electric Mango
9. leonidas
10. Aenir
11. Chaplain of death

Kaziocore, townie Jack-of-all-trades, lynched Day 2
cam177, townie Jailkeeper, shot Night 2

Imran Ehsan, Mafia Framer, lynched Day 3
Rafay, townie One-shot Vigilante Innocent Child Bodyguard, took a bullet Night 3
D3mon, Mafia Traitor 1-Shot Neighborizer, lynched Day 4
Leonidas, Mafia Godfather, lynched Day 5
Xx Karl xX, townie Tracker, stabbed Night 5
Chaplain of death, Serial Killer, lynched Day 6

Town Wins!

Edited by KevinH, 09 November 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
Day 1:

It was an almost Normal cruise...

...until the ship ran aground...

...and reports came about an off-shore earthquake.

However, there is a greater concern at the moment.

The captain, the one-and-only vanilla townie (non-player-character), lays dead.

On the captain, in a Semi-Open case, they find a description of who might have been on the ship:

Vanilla Townie,
Sane Cop,
Doctor,
Vigilante,
Roleblocker,
Mason,
Innocent Child,
Jailkeeper,
Tracker,
Watcher,
Gunsmith,
Miller,
Bodyguard,
Role Cop,
Doublevoter,
Hider,
Neighbor,
Neighborizer,
Jack of All Trades,
Serial Killer,
Mafia Goon,
Mafia Traitor,
Mafia Godfather,
Mafia Framer,
Mafia-aligned versions of above roles

"This is Madness," thinks the cruise director as she sends everyone back to their cabins on the beached ship.

It is now Night 1.
Send actions to me by Tuesday, October 16.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
Answers to questions before they are asked:

Game days will be 7 calendar days, nights will be 2 calendar days, possibly extended if I have a known schedule conflict. You may send night actions early and change them later if desired. Once all night actions are received from all players, no more changes will be allowed.

A roleblocked action is lost. For example, a 1-shot vigilante that attempts to kill but is roleblocked no longer has a kill remaining.

I will make distinctions regarding why actions may fail in PM's and possibly descriptive scenes. For instance, if a kill attempt fails I will say whether it was roleblocked or the target was protected.

If you missed the hints in the Day 1 narrative, I suggest you read the following entries from wiki.mafiascum.net:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
The cruise director had a hard time sleeping. Perhaps it was the Macbeth that she was reading. Perhaps it was the sounds she heard. Perhaps it was some fury she felt. Perhaps it signified nothing.

In the morning, everyone was accounted for.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is October 23, 2012 at 17:00 server time.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342
Hmm, that's strange, no night kill from the scum. I wonder what that could mean.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
Means that sum1 roleblocked em probably. Remember there are no ordinary ppl. It's like the Justice Society cruise ship. I propose a D1 lynch but again it'll arouse suspicion......Oh wait Kevin ain't playing so mayb we can? lol.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
I think it is standard for mafia games that no one can use their night actions on the first night.
It is only used for the mafia to talk to each other and discuss their plans.
Most games used Day 0 or Night 0 but I think KevinH used Day 1 and Night 1 instead.

In any case since I'm here, I don't want to waste time speculating the setup without any info
whatsoever by listening to Rafay and the crew talking about none-sense :P

Obligatory RVS

Vote: Rafay

Your ego will sink the ship :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
Wow right off the boat......figure of speech but so deadly quick Kaz. Ego is no reason to vote sum1 off. Scum enuff 4 me.

Vote: Kaziocore

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
Let's not forget that this is a KevnH game, there are probably 8 cops running around this ship, let's take it nice and easy Day 1.

Vote:: No Lynch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Wow right off the boat......figure of speech but so deadly quick Kaz. Ego is no reason to vote sum1 off. Scum enuff 4 me.

Vote: Kaziocore

OMGUS vote is a scummy vote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Let's not forget that this is a KevnH game, there are probably 8 cops running around this ship, let's take it nice and easy Day 1.

Vote:: No Lynch

This is not the way to play the game. This is the reason why the town is always losing.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
I am not sure we should go for a lynch right off the bat. Normally I am a big proponent of lynching from Day 1. But this game is set up so that they are no vanilla townies. How does it help us in killing off power roles early?

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342

I think it is standard for mafia games that no one can use their night actions on the first night.
It is only used for the mafia to talk to each other and discuss their plans.
Most games used Day 0 or Night 0 but I think KevinH used Day 1 and Night 1 instead.

but we did get to use or night actions the first night, or do you mean that everyone but the scum got to use their night actions?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846
  • Squadron:Delta
Well I think it may be that everyone got to use their night actions instead of it being a night 0 as Kaz says.
KevinH specifically makes the difference between roleblocking and protecting a person, which to me indicates that it is very likely roleblocker and a doctor of some sort are in the game. So it could be that the town just got lucky and some combination of the roleblockers and doctors manage to guess the correct people and prevent a townie from dying.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
There could be roleblockers and bodyguards who die instead of the selected person if that person is selected.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
I find it interesting that Kaziocore did not know that we got to use our night actions last night. What does that mean?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:330660
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I find it interesting that Kaziocore did not know that we got to use our night actions last night. What does that mean?

Well there are three possible answers to your question

1- he was roleblocked
2- He didnt try
3- He is trying to deceive us

Also in response to a lynch today. It is in the towns best interest for us to find someone to lynch but we need to make sure we make a choice that makes sense

Posted Image

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
With Kazio back in the game, I was sure we would have this first day lynch vs no lynch discussion (wb Kazio).

Imho, town has nothing to gain from a day 1 lynch unless there is some information available. Since, there was a night 0, it is possible that someone might still share some information that would help me make a decision but until then

Vote : No Lynch
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

With Kazio back in the game, I was sure we would have this first day lynch vs no lynch discussion (wb Kazio).

Imho, town has nothing to gain from a day 1 lynch unless there is some information available. Since, there was a night 0, it is possible that someone might still share some information that would help me make a decision but until then

Vote : No Lynch

Mafia is all about scum hunting. You don't rely on power roles even if the game is closed.
For example I voted Rafay, I got a reaction that is suspicious from Rafay. We need wagons in the game.

Since this is a closed game, it's all the more needed that we don't rely on cops and the like.
1) You're not sure they will survive to tell their information (look at the last game with Alternate_Tree).
Then everyone will go moan and say this game is finished and everyone will start voting randomly
2) The mafia can have roles like the godfather, framer and other versions of the power roles the town has that could corrupt the cops.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta
I tend to agree with Kaz. The mafia will have power roles as well (as every player has a power role per the game setup).

What we messed up with last game was voting no-lynch for so many days in a row at the start, we had no voting records, even at the end of game really.

I currently at this point in the day have no reason to vote for anyone in particular.

Vote: cam177

^ you left out the 4th possibility which would be that perhaps not every townie was able to use their abilities on night one. Only thing I had to go on, don't take it too personally.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter