Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Dream Post

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Ever have completely off the wall dreams that felt too real to believe? Awesome nightmares? 

Share em here.

I once had a dream where Jupiter smashed into earth. It started out when I woke up in an unknown building. There was a bright orange dot in the sky and everyone was talking about it. Throughout the day, it got larger and larger until it consumed the whole sky, showing the amazing detail of the planet...

I started feeling light headed, weightless and scared. My body felt like it was being stretched. The noise around me was indescribably loud. People screaming, dogs barking, cars doing car stuff...

Then I woke up.

It had a very very real feeling to it, and although I knew I was dying, it was remarkably calming and peaceful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534338
  • Souls Baptized:773,445
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I had a lucid dream once. The police were chasing me through the city on foot, dodging down streets and sprinting between buildings. Then bars snapped shut, trapping me inside an orange hallway while sirens got closer and closer. As I frantically searched for a way out, it hit me. No, not a nightstick to the head, although I probably deserve one. I realized that I was inside a dream. The bars dropped, and I escaped, laughing into the sunset.

Hippie Warrior

tumblr_ltn48fQZK51qlktl7o1_500.gif

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

Trapped in a classroom, chased by a blackish creature that resembles a human :|

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:222016
  • Souls Baptized:5,185,190

I occasionally [probably a half dozen times a year?] have some variation on this dream:

I show up to my finals but have no idea what the subject matter is.  Then I realize I must have just skipped this class all semester.  So I'm looking at this test and it may as well be written in a foreign language.  And it's an essay test so I can't even just guess at it.  This feeling of panic sets in as I realize there's no way out and I'm going to fail.

It doesn't read as disturbing as it feels at the time.

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

Yates, I thought everyone had that dream. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

Yates, I thought everyone had that dream.

Yeah but everyone else is always naked in their dream. I at least have the common decency to put on pants before I soil myself.

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

Naked? Holy crap! Im missing out. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:
Weirdly, I had a dream last night that I met a CNer in real life. I remember being concerned about what his car looked like so I would know him. It was a baby blue car from the late 70's that was only sold and made in Canada - some brand I had never heard of. And for some reason that morphed into me giving a tour of the place I work to a bunch of CNers I have "known" only online.

Dragonshy

Dragonshy

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 16 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:490623

I had a dream last night. It was NSFW

Spoiler

Then I woke up shivering. It was the dawn of another shitty day in life.

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

On an unrelated note - sometimes dreams can be a cry for help from the self conscious.

*Yates backs away from thread*   :ph34r:

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

I had a dream i was working at my old golf course. An employee of mine decided to kill one of our greens on purpose spraying round-up, and i confronted him about it, and he stated "Fuck off, what are you going to do?"

He then pushed me, and i cocked my fist back to throw a haymaker when a loud "What the hell are you doing!!!!!!?"

The "What the hell are you doing!!!!!!?" wasn't from my dream, it was my wife who woke up....because not only had I dreamed i was about to punch him, i had got out of bed, cocked my fist back in reality, and was about to swing down at my wife sleeping i guess until her screaming woke me up midway through my fist throwing. Good thing i didn't, i don't know how i would explain to the police how it wasn't domestic violence that my wife got punched in the face, it was because of a dream.

*On a side note, I am glad i checked this topic out, i have quite vivid dreams, and has the tendency to cause me to do things in reality.

^One of those being, on 2 occasions, i was snuggling on the couch with my wife, 1 time i dreamed i was kicking a ball and full out kneed my wife in the back and made her fall off the couch, and the other i was saving a shot on goal and flung my arm out and nailed her in the back of the head

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

OMG - you aren't the only one that has "physical" dreams. My wife is the violent sleeper in this household.

This is a sort of NSFW dream she had that we still laugh about to this day:

Spoiler

Apparently the clinical term for this maneuver is the "Spiderman."  :lol:

Simternity

Simternity

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 96 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538070
  • Souls Baptized:0.000001
  • Squadron:Delta

Not sure if NSFW, but this one comes to mind. One of many weird dreams.

Here is one I had at the ripe old age of 15.

I learned I was pregnant. I don't remember how this happened, but it was something I stumbled across during my day. Thoughts rushed through my mind

"Holy crap, how will I ever take care of this child? Will my family be supportive? Will my girlfriend leave me? I hope not, she would certainly not like to hear this."

Then immediately after this rational thought came,

"I'm hungry. Wait a minute being pregnant gives you cravings and you need lots of nutrients. I can totally gorge myself all I want now. Time to find some food."

My family was informed, they were not pleased, but accepting. Fast forward to dinnertime, still hadn't told my girlfriend. Was wondering what she'd think of my pregnancy still. All of my anxiety disappeared as I saw 4 pizzas open up on the table, a chicken alfredo pizza? I'll eat half of it in 45 seconds flat.

As people looked at me in shock, I uttered the words

"Shut up I'm pregnant."

Somehow this transitioned into me going for a walk in what seemed to be a building made of well-kempt bushes and shrubs, no ceiling. Like a hedge maze, but with wood panel flooring.

Worry and doubt and anxiety over my pregnancy scared me. Nothing but negative thoughts throughout the walk, until I found 'it'. 'It' was a distraction from my troubles. Food.

A tree.

A tree with GRAPES instead of LEAVES. The holy grail of delicious fruits and nature. It was beautiful. I ran toward it and tore grapes from the branches, shoving those sweet green fruits into my mouth and chewing as fast as I could. God were they juicy. I just kept ripping them from the tree and shoveling them into my head like I hadn't eaten in years. A security guard looked at me funny. I figured it was his job to protect the tree.

"Shut up, I'm pregnant."

***END DREAM***

No, I am not female. I am a straight male. Dreaming that I, as a straight male, had become pregnant and feared that my female significant other would leave.

Despite that this dream made almost no sense, and also implied that you should chase your problems away with food (or chase them away at all), it did give me insight into the actual emotions regarding a surprise pregnancy. It imbued within me a form of empathy that certainly helped me grow as a person.

(Only the second dream I had about a scary surprise pregnancy that imbued me with empathy and fear, the other one making even less sense and being a horrendous nightmare that completely penetrated my day after I had woken up, giving the entire 24 hours a surreal atmosphere.)

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

I had a dream last night that my dog - that I had to put down last year - had actually been stuffed instead of cremated.  So I had this taxidermy version of my dog in one of my rooms and I was randomly eating pastrami.  I thought I saw my dog's eyes move so I started moving the pastrami up and down and his head started to follow.  Finally I threw the pastrami like I was playing fetch and my dog ran after it.  I was like "why did you fake your death?!!"  And I gave him a love tackle.

It was a nice dream.

Simternity

Simternity

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 96 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538070
  • Souls Baptized:0.000001
  • Squadron:Delta

I had a dream last night that my dog - that I had to put down last year - had actually been stuffed instead of cremated.  So I had this taxidermy version of my dog in one of my rooms and I was randomly eating pastrami.  I thought I saw my dog's eyes move so I started moving the pastrami up and down and his head started to follow.  Finally I threw the pastrami like I was playing fetch and my dog ran after it.  I was like "why did you fake your death?!!"  And I gave him a love tackle.

It was a nice dream.

A cute story. I like dogs. Once I start a family of my own I think I might get one. I couldn't justify getting one now because I lack the ability to give one all the attention it'd need, so I'd need a spouse who liked pets and a child to help divy up that responsibility.

I do really like your dream though. I wish I had dreams that happy. Usually the ones I have involve being chased by my emotions, the reality of my situation, or aliens.

Yates

Yates

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 868 posts
  • Resources:

I could feel his warm breath on me and smell that VERY distinct dog fur smell he had.  It was just so real.  No idea why I was dreaming about him randomly like that.  It isn't any conspicuous occasion.  Maybe just thinking about "family" - he was my family for 13 years - and Christmas?

I don't know.  I just feel like I got to steal a few more moments with him.  And I look forward to stealing a few more.

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418

Anyone had lucid dreams?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541

NO. I dont dream

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418

I had one once. It was fun. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Anyone had lucid dreams?

Very Very Lucid dreams almost nightly.  But i did have one the other night and had this most amazing looking woman in it (don't tell my wife), and I woke up and I could not for the life of me actually remember the image of her. 

But all my dreams are lucid, I have woken up many times where I had to actually think if what I dreamt about really happened, or if it was something i dreamed.  And as i stated earlier, I've made actions in real life while i dream.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter