Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MockingMe Part 1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

So my wife and I went to see the third part of the Hunger Games series Thanksgiving Day.

It's called The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, and I was very disappointed.

To begin with, the movie is a complete money grab. There is not a whole lot that goes on in this segment that you absolutely need for the story. There is nothing original in it like there was in the first one... and none of the suspense that was in the second one. It is merely a very long bridge to Part 2. They could have took a page out of the NBC series called The Blacklist. The Blacklist can take what should be a 2 hour movie and crush it into 43 minutes of screentime. I mean, that show moves so fast it's sometimes hard to keep up with it.

Mockingjay Part 1 was only created to take more money from the people that like the series.

Now for the content... Anyone that has seen this part, and anyone who will be seeing this part, needs to pay attention to who the good guys and the bad guys are. Panem is a Fascist government. That's why it looks so much like, and operates like, Nazi occupied Europe. Now on the other side, you have an unknown rebel force, that is surprisingly well financed for being a totally unknown rebel force. The problem with all this is that District 13, the "good guy" rebel army... is Communist. That's why it looks like North Korea. Everybody looks the same. Everybody eats the same food. Nothing to drink but water... and everyone has their own prison cell to sleep in.

So what are they fighting for? An extra fish stick and no more tributes?

There are no "good guys" in this movie series... just a choice between awful and miserable.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Granted, I'm not very well-versed in Hunger Games lore, but don't the districts look like shit because they need to feed the indulgences of the Capitol, and it leaves them with practically nothing?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Yes... looks like slave labor in the movies. I didn't read the books, so I don't know if things were changed.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I mean that the districts look like NK because what you see is all that the Capitol allows them to keep, they take everything else. And not because they're communists :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

The fact that they've managed to divide a 368 page book into a 2 part movie of both 2 hours, you shouldn't be not surprised in the first place that it's pure money grabbing. I understood when Harry Potter did that, because that was an actual book consistent of 700+ pages. But ever since, of all f*cking franchises, 'Twilight' did it, it's just all for the money and just milking every penny from the public to keep the hype alive. 

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jiang Zhijian

Jiang Zhijian

Quenched

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 360 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:565719
  • Souls Baptized:9,950
  • Squadron:Alpha

It is interesting because every society views Mockingjay as the description of today's real life issues according to their own ideological perspectives.

In many Muslim communities, they associate the Capitol with Israel and the US, while they associate the rebels as Palestine and the Islamic State.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Noxxy503

Noxxy503

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 292 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:562643
  • Souls Baptized:878
  • Squadron:Alpha

I was only able to make it 15 minutes into the first one before that female actor annoyed me...

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree.. It will spend it's whole life believing it's a failure.

Posted Image

Thus the chain of hatred begins. That is
what we know as history.. And from it, we learn that humans are
incapable of opening thier eyes: of understanding each other.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

The fact that they've managed to divide a 368 page book into a 2 part movie of both 2 hours, you shouldn't be not surprised in the first place that it's pure money grabbing. I understood when Harry Potter did that, because that was an actual book consistent of 700+ pages. But ever since, of all f*cking franchises, 'Twilight' did it, it's just all for the money and just milking every penny from the public to keep the hype alive. 

Instead, wait 6-12 months for them to appear on Netflix; then when you've confirmed that nothing really is happening in the current installment, read a plot synopsis and wait for the next one to appear on Netflix.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users