Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I need scholastic help with an essay

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:608841
  • Souls Baptized:2922
  • Squadron:Alpha

Morning,

I have to write an essay about The Hardest Decision I Ever Made. Problem is, I don't think I have ever had to make a really serious decision like that which could seriously affect my future. 

Internet hasn't been much help.

I will not ask anyone to write the essay for me, but I would like to see if anybody has any ideas. All I need is a sentence which sort of describes a difficult decision. 

Thanks, and I'll keep my thinking cap on!

Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

New Nation: NADC, GPA Conflicts, 1 nuke, 10 wars
Old Nation: PSW Veteran, 5 nukes

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
The hardest decision you ever made does not have to be a life changing decision. Have you ever made the difficult decision?

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
Lie, lie as hard as you can because the marks are most likely going the essay rather than the truth.
My advice is go with choosing something like "what subjects I chose to study" or doing course work v going out with your friends.

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:

Thank you for your advice, both of you. It does not need to be a real one, in fact the lesson associated is called ''imaginary experiences''. 

''no points will be awarded or removed for the essay's specific topic''

It's not a priority, I have a few days to do it in.

Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Well in that case discuss your decision to fight in World War II. Your wife and 8 hungry children begged you not to abandon them, but you had to choose btwn that noisy, diaper filled shack and serving your country (which meant lying about your asthma to the recruiters).

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:

That makes a lot of sense, SM. Thank you!

Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
As I cleaned the floor I thought back on how I got here, it was an accident I swear. I mean I just pushed him! He fell, he hit his head... So much blood. Is it too late to tell the truth now?
Ramble bullshit for as long as possible, shoot self at end for lulz. Make the whole essay a suicide note.

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

As I cleaned the floor I thought back on how I got here, it was an accident I swear. I mean I just pushed him! He fell, he hit his head... So much blood. Is it too late to tell the truth now?
Ramble bullshit for as long as possible, shoot self at end for lulz. Make the whole essay a suicide note.

Brilliant! Do that! And be sure to show this thread to your school counselor at some point during the intensive therapy that will surely ensue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:

Brilliant! Do that! And be sure to show this thread to your school counselor at some point during the intensive therapy that will surely ensue.
I used to do my best to send my English teachers to therapy :')
Obviously don't actually kill yourself but the person you're writing as should (after a long internal monologue about not wanting to spend the rest of your life in jail but being unable to live with the guilt)

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:

Hah!

Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Blade

I used to do my best to send my English teachers to therapy :')
Obviously don't actually kill yourself but the person you're writing as should (after a long internal monologue about not wanting to spend the rest of your life in jail but being unable to live with the guilt)

You babe.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I make life or death decisions each day, whetever to get out of bed or not :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Or get inspiration from video games. Lots of tough decisions in those

Should I turn on the jedi who wiped my memory or not? Should I side with Mr. House or the NCR? Should I fight for the independence of Skyrim or is it better off with the empire? Do I want the galaxy to be red, blue or green? You get the picture :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

As I cleaned the floor I thought back on how I got here, it was an accident I swear. I mean I just pushed him! He fell, he hit his head... So much blood. Is it too late to tell the truth now?  It was all meant to be fun and games.  I warned him that hanging upside down on the chandelier was not a good idea.  He refused to listen to me.  I even warned him I just waxed the chandelier.  He insisted I push him like it was a swing.

No one ever listens to me.  I warn people the world is coming to an end with the ice caps melting and crazy politicians doing crazy things and terrorists getting hold of nuclear weapons. What is the purpose of humanity if no one listens to reality.  I know reality and it is ignored.  I can't stand it that no one thinks I get anything right.  And I guess everyone is right because I shouldn't have pushed my brother on the chandelier.  I swear it was an accident.  Wait!  This is all my fault, isn't it?

I want to do right by the world and I realize I can only do wrong.  I try, I really do.  The blood is starting to congeal around my stupid brother and his mashed up head.  No one will believe I warned him.  No one will believe it was an accident.  The voices in my head are arguing that I should at least try to explain, but they lie to me.  They tell me that my parents love me, and I don't believe them at all.  I know I was an accident.  Everything is an accident isn't it?  That gun I found in Dad's night table was an accident.  The voices tell me to leave the gun alone, but I know I have to make a decision and it is the biggest one I will ever make.

No one listens, no one cares, my brother's head is smashed in and he was my only friend.  I am alone.  NO!  SHUT UP!  I am alone and you are just a voice in my head!  This gun is a sign.  It is a sign that I must end things before they get any worse.  And the slippery chandelier was also a  sign.  Do I ignore these signs?  How many more signs do I need?  The universe is sending me a message that cannot be ignored. I must use this gun and shut these damned voices in my  head down once and for all.

It was an accident.  This isn't an accident though.  I thought this one through.  No one can accuse me of being impulsive over this decision.  This wouldn't have happened if Chavez was still around.  Without him, there is no hope for redemption.

Signed,
legoboyvdlp

-------------------------------------------------------

You may plagiarizer this and take full credit, Lego.  BTW, Blade made me do it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

As I cleaned the floor I thought back on how I got here, it was an accident I swear. I mean I just pushed him! He fell, he hit his head... So much blood. Is it too late to tell the truth now? He was angry and I was scared. The last time he did this you made me wear foundation on my chest for weeks. The lick of the belt, the thud of his fists, and the crack of the rib you said would heal soon. He got angry at you too for coming home five minutes late, the spit glistening on your face as he screamed at you.

Looking back I still can't see why he flipped, I mean it was only an accident right? The ball clipped the stem and the glass slipped from his fingers, the burgundy red wine gushed onto the new cream carpet, now glittering with little crystals glass. John's face went white with terror as his eyes bored into him. I could feel the red haze descending over his eyes. John's only six, I couldn't let him do it to him? So I hit him, didn't hit him hard I swear... I guess he'd just drunk too much? John was screaming and I went numb as he tumbled down thud... by crunch... till his head whipped back and cracked onto the cool terracotta tiles of the hall. I think his skull cracked, like my rib before it, like your cheekbone before that. The crimson essence that once pulsed through him now seeped across the floor. He twitched a few times and lay there... a motionless crumpled heap on the floor.

I picked John up and took him, screaming, to his bedroom. I sat with him. I held him tight until he stopped. I put on Sesame Street and left him there while I went to clean up. The blood was dark now, sticky... it clung to me like jam on a warm summer's evening. I grabbed the cloth from the kitchen, you know the one you use for the dishes, and set to work clearing up. I tried to move him but he was too heavy. I'm sorry you saw it before this note.

John is in his room, I put a chair in front of the door so he couldn't get out and left him with some milk and cookies. I called the police so hopefully they will have cleaned up before you get home from work. I don't want to go to jail Mum. I can't go to jail. I'm only thirteen! I got the pistol out of the draw beside your bed. I know you said to never use it, but I'm scared mum... You understand don't you? I'm sorry. They might be here soon. I've got to go.

I love you.
legoboyvdlp
xxxxxxx

P.S. This wouldn't have happened if Chavez was still around. Without him, there is no hope of redemption.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:

they're both 10/10, you've made me proud :')

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905

You guys are hilarious, weird, and messed in the head. :P

Nabeel Qureshi's conversion from Islam to Christianity is one of the most poignantly written examples of a difficult decision I have read in my life. That's something you just don't do in Middle Eastern culture. He said in his autobiography that he would (literally) rather have died than told his family about his decision. His relationship with his family has not been the same since and for a number of years they cut him off entirely. Great essay material, but only if writing about religious stuff is your thing.

Another thing that springs to mind is Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter 1 standing up to Harry, Ron and Hermione. As Dumbledore said, it is hard to stand up to your enemies, but even harder to stand up to your friends. You could run with that theme and come up with another fact scenario...

Other examples would include facing a temptation, doing something brave.....

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
Where to burry the body, that's a hard decision to make too!

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Off topic, but this did have to do with an important decision. When I was in graduate school I had to write a suicide note which would include indicators of Major Depressive Disorder for my Psychpathology class. Then I had to write a series of diary entries that would indicate someone with paranoid personality disorder. What a relief after writing zillions of research papers! Then I had the thought that if I was killed IRL my poor mother would stumble across this stuff on my computer and come to incorrect, horrible conclusions about my untimely demise. But I didn't want to delete anything until end of semester. It was a tough choice, but I decided by creating a sub folder in my school folder and filing both papers in my newly created "Psychpathology Class Essays" folder. Ok, ok, it wasn't a tough, important decision, but maybe it will inspire you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:

So this is what I have:

Spoiler

Well, thanks so much SM + Blade, I really laughed. Well I shouldn't. But I did, but I shouldn't have, but I did...

I'll get on discord soon

But no 'talk', can listen

Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic