Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Banshee

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

It's been a while since I brought something new to the table, and this is a rare find... unless you have Cinemax and pay attention to their shows. I don't, so I didn't even know about this show until I was reading about Sons of Anarchy, which led me to Banshee.

The good news here is the show has completed it's 4 season run, which means you can watch the entire series and not have to wait for the next installment. Banshee was produced by Alan Ball. You would know him from Six Feet Under, which I watched from it's inception... and True Blood, which I never watched at all. I am watching it on Netflix discs, and currently on season 2, but I'm pretty sure if you pay for Cinemax you may be able to binge watch the whole thing On Demand.

I have been having a hard time finding new shows to watch since so many of my favorites have ended. Banshee is a guilty pleasure. It's full of action, sex, and violence. It could never happen in real life... it's just too outrageous and crazy for any of this to really happen, but if you like Quentin Tarantino, this is right up your alley. It has that feel, and as close to Tarantino as Alan Ball will ever get. I like it :)

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

samudragupta

samudragupta

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,521 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:549784
  • Souls Baptized:8,837,927
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:psycho knight

I saw season one.. it was having loads of sex and violence

However concept was bit outrageous.. how can main character whose role is so visible in government can keep his identity secret

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

However concept was bit outrageous.. how can main character whose role is so visible in government can keep his identity secret

Curious how you were able to stop watching after the first season? The coolest character in the show is the Asian drag queen badass played by Hoon Lee. Great one liners for an outstandingly original character. It's Alan Ball, so you have to know he's gonna have gay in there somewhere. Too many hot women in this show for the drag queen to bother you though... and every one of them wants to do the Sheriff... when he came to Banshee to hook up with his long lost lover. I told you it's crazy.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

samudragupta

samudragupta

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,521 posts
  • Resources:

Curious how you were able to stop watching after the first season? The coolest character in the show is the Asian drag queen badass played by Hoon Lee. Great one liners for an outstandingly original character. It's Alan Ball, so you have to know he's gonna have gay in there somewhere. Too many hot women in this show for the drag queen to bother you though... and every one of them wants to do the Sheriff... when he came to Banshee to hook up with his long lost lover. I told you it's crazy.

I liked it Lysistrata, but I got caught up with something and then never got chance to continue it again

I will start again from season 1  :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

All I can say is... OMG. You guys know I've been watching Banshee... just hit Season 3, and I just saw, hands down, one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen. I have seen a lot of fight scenes in my life, and there all just one more fight scene... but this one made me cringe. I found the scene, maybe it will encourage you to watch this series... but maybe it will confirm that you should not watch it.

Warning: It's really graphic...

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

King Cankles

King Cankles

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,190 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:601502
  • Souls Baptized:232,393
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:King Cankles
That was bad ass.

Pretty far fetched, but I thought it was awesome. Could you give me a brief rundown on the show? Does he have some sort of power? I mean he got shanked up and it didn't seem to faze him much.
Posted Image

“You have to accept yourself as God. You have to realize you’re just the Devil just as much as you’re God, that you’re everything and you’re nothing at all.”

-CM

Anally pounded by 5 nukes thus far. 1st nuke taken for IRON on 7/1/17

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

No... no powers. Just extreme, gratuitous, and comically unrealistic, violence. Hell man, I would have folded on the hatchet throw. If you ever watched the Starz series Sparatcus, that would be a comparison on how much punishment someone can take, and then heal incredibly fast. It's extreme Pulp Fiction. Can't wait for the next disc to arrive with the next 3 episodes of fun... I'm evil that way. Gotta do something while waiting for the next Game of Thrones!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

samudragupta

samudragupta

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,521 posts
  • Resources:

That was intense

It will take months time recovering from that type of wounds in real life

earlier I was under impression that broken ribs are like walk in the park(mostly they show in Jason Statham movies.. he get up and fight the next day)

until I met with an accident this year in April.

Talking of just walking in the park.. I was not able to move by an inch :lol:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users