Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If you support the troops, do me this favour

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583
  • Squadron:Kilo

Hi.

I'd like to ask you all to do me a favour. I'd like it if you could post the following message to your Face Book, Tumblr, Twitter, or what ever stupid computer thing you are currently using.

Too many of your guardians are suffering right now.  To many of them will take their own lives this season.  For many of you this season is one that you will spend in the warm embrace of friends and family.  For others, its a time we spend alone.  Isolated from the people we care about, wrestling with our demons. 

Yes, I have demons.  They come to me often.  I have PTSD, not from my service in the military.   I have never seen combat.

I was a teacher in Northern Canada.  I spent 8 years there.  I lost many students I cared about, many wonderful kids with a lot to offer to suicide.  Do you have any idea how hard that is?  To strike a kid off you register as "Deceased", to watch that child's friends in agony, crying, mourning for their lost buddy, and to know that you have to put your grief aside for the benefit, to be there for them.  Do you know what its like to not be able to listen to a song?  Because the last memory you have of that person, who had so much to offer, who had so much potential.  Who was laughing and smiling as he sung that song, a week later is dead by his own hand?

It hurts.

Two years ago, I nearly listened to my demons.  I nearly put a loaded gun in my mouth.  I nearly pulled the trigger.  If it hadn't been for my brothers and sisters in arms, I would have done it. 

They were there for me.  They picked me up.  They told me I mattered.

Please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, please post this to your social media.

"My brothers and sisters, whether we have patrolled together or not,
whether we even fought in the same war or not I want you to be safe,
healthy and happy this Christmas season. I am here 24/7 if you are in
crisis. Reach out, send a message, call....there is no weakness. We all
stumble and we all need to lift each other back up.

This is a hard time of year for many. Could my Forces Facebook friends (and others) please copy and repost?
Thank you.
Canadian Military crisis line: 1-800-268-7708 24/7 365
Veterans Crisis Hotline UK: 0800 731 4880 or 0800 138 1619; Global number: +44 (0)207 463 9292
USA Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
So that no brother or sister need stand alone.

If any of my Australian,New Zealand, Dutch and Norwiegan Veterans want
to edit and share Please Do. Our Veteran Brotherhood Community knows no
boundaries."

On that note.  If anyone here is in distress.  If all you need to do is talk.  Please send me a message.  I will PM you my phone number.  Call me collect.  I'm here for you.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samuelson

Samuelson

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 531 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:528814
  • Souls Baptized:47,220
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I appreciate someone using this media as a way to spread this message and providing another way for someone looking for help, even if it's just people who are willing to listen who care. Thank you.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

this just put a smile on my face :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users