Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trey Gowdy - Thank You For Your Service

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I'm a little bummed...

Following an amazing State of the Union address... one where I witnessed something I have never seen during a SOTU... An eruption in the chamber rose up in a massive chant of "USA", one like you would see at a Trump rally, which caused that snowflake Democrat Representative Luis Gutierrez from Illinois to trigger into a tantrum, and he stormed out of the capitol building. I still haven't stopped laughing.

Well anyway... my favorite Congressman is not running for re-election. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina says "Whatever skills I may have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress". I know very well he has been frustrated as a Congressman... he can make a lot of noise, but is way too limited in what he can actually get accomplished. I hope he is doing this in order to make himself available to take over U.S. Attorney General... he would be a phenomenal AG replacement for Jeff Sessions.

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20180131/trey-gowdy-not-seeking-re-election-to-congress

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

he would be a phenomenal AG replacement for Jeff Sessions.

I could not agree more!  I was shocked when I heard he was not seeking reelection.  But if he gets the AG job, I would be very happy! 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven

1st Note, I'm glad someone mentioned the SOTU address. I felt it was a great display by Trump (of course, his facial expressions are A++ and make me laugh), but the messages were outstanding and I can say, I don't regret my vote.

2nd Note, it is clear Trey is a great politician because he hates politics to begin with. I don't doubt we will see him back in the poetical world later, but maybe returning to the Justice system for a bit is his view of a vacation.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Something else that I didn't think of until now... Justice Anthony Kennedy should be retiring... our boy Trey could have earned himself a nomination to the Supreme Court. At 53 years old, he's at his prime, and pretty much the smartest guy on Capitol Hill. This memo that's soon coming out that exposes top FBI officials from the Obama Administration involved in the bogus Clinton exoneration, and the following bogus Trump investigation, was mostly written by... you guessed it... Trey Gowdy.

Anyone who thinks the memo is not factual... just think about Andrew McCabe getting axed right after Christopher Wray read it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Oh damn, I did not think of that either!  You are getting me excited over here haha.  The term is up soon, so I am sure a retirement announcement will be coming soon from Kennedy. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

legoboyvdlp

legoboyvdlp

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,699 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:608841
  • Souls Baptized:2922
  • Squadron:Alpha
US politics is as confusing as all other politics, but twice as much :P
At least the UK politics is just a simple direct election to a parliament... it works well. But the PM could be better, need a strong leader, not a leader doing little. At least in public. (1.5 years and no trade deal yet? Hopefully Davis sorts it out soon... 34 months left :S)
Rerolled nation.

Posted Image

Wars

New Nation: NADC, GPA Conflicts, 1 nuke, 10 wars
Old Nation: PSW Veteran, 5 nukes

Nukes

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

US politics is as confusing as all other politics, but twice as much :P
At least the UK politics is just a simple direct election to a parliament... it works well. But the PM could be better, need a strong leader, not a leader doing little. At least in public. (1.5 years and no trade deal yet? Hopefully Davis sorts it out soon... 34 months left :S)

I hear ya. I'm totally lost on UK politics as well. Don't worry about a trade deal with the USA... we have the greatest jobs President the world has ever seen. As long as Trump is in office, and as long as there is wealth to be created... he will make it happen, and he'll make it happen "so fast your head will spin". I would love to see the UK... someday maybe. It's on my bucket list. :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I hear a record amout of viewers followed this State of The Union :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Just heard Trey has turned down a nomination for a judgeship on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and was also offered White House Counsel. He turned that down after talking with his wife. He says he's going into private practice and will do some teaching.

We shall see.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

I hear a record amout of viewers followed this State of The Union :rolleyes:

To be fair, I am unsure if the Nielson ratings take into account internet streaming viewers, CNN alone remarked that they topped at ~320.000 unique viewers at one point of the stream. (couple that with CNN target/viewing public, other streams could have been higher).

That said, a counter point is the amount of available viewers, it is like trying to classify the most watch movie without regarding for distribution evolving over time.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users