Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mafia Best Practices

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

=

In an effort not to hijack the Pokémon Mafia game thread with this discussion,

Can we address whatever is going on with the Pokemon Mafia here? Like, can someone please explain to me the logic of having a town role and creating an entire backstory that doesn't exist? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE in this game? Did I miss a memo to just mass throw this game? In what idea is this "fun"?

1) If scum wins, what type of win is that? They win because town basically Kurt Cobain'ed itself twice.
2) If town wins, it would be no thanks to those involved with whatever the hell was going on.

Like, what am I missing? 

This. How is this "fun" for anyone involved, town or scum alike? How is this fair to anyone else who want to enjoy a good mafia game? I am at complete loss of words with what went down two days in a row.

we have tons of people who are actually taking a lot of time to read peoples posts and formulate ideas and whatnot.  It doesnt matter if you are town or scum.  What is going on is totally disrespectful to every single person who is actually making an effort in the game.  Sure its a game, but when you intentionally throw a game for whatever reason, all you are doing is spitting in the faces of everyone who makes an effort.  It is disgusting.

I don't understand why people gamethrow, if you really want out of the game then just find a replacement. Why sign up in the first place if you are going to quit mid-game? in Town of Salem, gamethrowing is a bannable offense. Those games only last about 30 mins. Not only does this game last months, but also has a lot of work behind the scenes. I feel gamethrowing should be a one offense ban for IRON Mafia, but that's just my opinion..

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
  • Squadron:Kilo

I agre,it should be in the game rules. If you throw a game = you're banned. We wont have absurd situations like in other game where someone quits because he joined second game and he finds it more fun.

I'd rather have smaller and faster games with good players than bigger ones that are falling apart.

As for lying I hope it'll be finally clear to everyone that town should never lie. The chances for anyone of us to be some kind of brilliant genius, outsmarting everyone else, are rather slim, so it's really not a viable tactic.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
I mean the rules Kazio posted years ago state play to win as one of them

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

As for lying I hope it'll be finally clear to everyone that town should never lie. The chances for anyone of us to be some kind of brilliant genius, outsmarting everyone else, are rather slim, so it's really not a viable tactic.

^ This.

Lying is for scum.

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

In an effort not to hijack the Pokémon Mafia game thread with this discussion,

Can we address whatever is going on with the Pokemon Mafia here? Like, can someone please explain to me the logic of having a town role and creating an entire backstory that doesn't exist? NOT ONCE BUT TWICE in this game? Did I miss a memo to just mass throw this game? In what idea is this "fun"?

1) If scum wins, what type of win is that? They win because town basically Kurt Cobain'ed itself twice.
2) If town wins, it would be no thanks to those involved with whatever the hell was going on.

Like, what am I missing? 

Yup, said the same thing, I guess I missed the memo in regards to people just throwing the game.

To be quite frank, this shouldn't be tolerated.  We now have had 2 people completely lie about their roles and make up a story to go along with it that was completely fake.  You have someone claiming jack of all trades claiming he knew Rafay was town, who was a commuter, and at the end of the day, goes from his story he still has bulletproof left to no longer having roles.  You have a guy claiming Jailer for which he wasn't, this when his back was against the wall and very well shouldn't be making things up.

To me, this is just blatant throwing of the game and takes away completely from the individuals actually spending time examining comments, trying to find scum, and actually playing the game.  Not only unfair to the players, but Mod's should be outraged that people are literally ruining their game they spent setting up and modding.  Should be zero tolerance for this.  At this point I've lost interest in the current game over it, as what's the point of spending the time trying to play right when you got people just giving it away.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
Never mind. My comment was not helpful.

Edited by Sister Midnight, 26 May 2018 - 03:58 AM.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Lol.

You know, game after game, i am always lynched Day 1 or Day 2.
I never make it past that point.

People come into the game with the pre-mindset that i am scum.
And most of the times, the reason is that i post a lot and most of my posts is not of use.
On Day 1, the day of nothingness, i am supposed to post meaningful content.
When others are posting bs.
Take the creator of this discussion, SBG,
Last few games, he comes and say, this is post 1, post 2,.
And that makes more sense and is more meaningful to everyone.
Whereas the one who is atleast trying to post something other than stating that this is a post, gets lynched. And most games, i am at the top of the post counts.

After someone pokes me, others jump on, saying that "Seeing that there is nothing else to go on/no one else to lynch, MK seems the most perfect lynch candidate."

And the people who do this, is labeled townish by everyone.
Yeah, like lynch MK and you are town.
Good luck on that.

And this happens every game i am in.
Give me a break.

And the funny thing, is that i am never scum.
I have been scum just twice in here.
But that's irrelevant for some.

Consider being in my situation,
I never get the chance to have a meaningful role in any game.
Because i never get the chance to survive past a certain point.
A few times, i got the role of cop, and before i could even investigate, i am lynched Day 1.

So i decided that if you guys don't give me room, i need to make room for myself.
I was so fed up that i decided that I need to get to Day 5 at least, one way or the other, even if that means town loses. Cause i had enough of your crap.

Samus quit Mafia for a reason, you guys still do the things you did to make him quit.
You are like, "Samus is gone, now the default is MK"
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511
So i decided that if you guys don't give me room, i need to make room for myself. I was so fed up that i decided that I need to get to Day 5 at least, one way or the other, even if that means town loses. Cause i had enough of your crap.

And this is exactly the reason why this discussion is in place. Because people are sick of some individuals playing (or in some cases not playing) the ball hog in a team game. You don't win mafia games on your own, but you can lose town a game on your own and I've seen it happen. Why? Because people for some reason want to make excuses to why people are playing a certain way. Sometimes it's valid, most of the time if it sounds scummy, smells scummy and acts scummy, you're probably scum. The Jester thing is a perfect example of that. Like if someone is playing scummy, why the fuck do we as town have to every single fucking time need to bring up the possibility that someone is a Jester. It's a waste of time and brainpower in a game that has limited time and if playing correctly requires a good amount of brainpower, which means both those things aren't a commodity and need to be used wisely. The moment people start to just say fuck it I'm doing whatever you are wasting both those resources on discussions town doesn't even have to have in the first place

Also if you really want to hate somebody for starting this discussion, it's my post that was quoted by TW in the OP. So if you want to accuse someone for starting this, at least accuse the right person

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
There is a world of difference btwn Samus publicly announcing dismay for how he was always early lynched, and refusing to play anymore vs. throwing a game because you are often lynched early. The former makes people want to fix the problem, the latter makes people say things like “he should be permanently banned.” I’m not playing the Pokémon Mafia game, but I’d be livid if I were playing and even more livid if I was the person who spent hours creating and moderating the game.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

If you dont want to get lynched, dont act like scum.  end of story.  its ridiculous to act scummy, then get called out for it, and respond by game throwing.  maybe if you provided your honest defense, instead of making up a story that had so many holes in it swiss cheese would be jealous, you might have lived.   i can say if you never did your whole JOAT claim which had contradiction after contradiction, i never would have voted for you at the end and you would still be alive.  but you did that.  your death is on you.  And to throw the game intentionally to get back at people is just petty BS.   

i get being frustrated that people call you out for being scum a lot, but maybe that means you need to reevaluate your play style.  not throw the game and intentionally lie just to fuck people over

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Is it really "game-throwing"?

Samus initially lied about his role last game but then gave his true role and was able to convince the town about the truth.

Lying about your role might be appropriate.  In the case of Lord MK, he was a commuter and if he came under lynch pressure, then maybe he might get a few players to change votes if they thought they were potentially saving a jack-of-all-trades rather than a commuter.  The problem was that he did a bad job of keeping his story straight so it was obvious that he was lying.

I can see a strategy where a vanilla townie will want to draw the night-kill from the scum.  This is actually addressed in the page on mafiascum.net "Lynch All Liars".

My real pet peeve is "If a veteran player was not night-killed, he must be scum" but there's not much we can do about that. (Although I gave Samus Day 1 and Night 1 immunity last game)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Lol.

You know, game after game, i am always lynched Day 1 or Day 2.
I never make it past that point.

People come into the game with the pre-mindset that i am scum.
And most of the times, the reason is that i post a lot and most of my posts is not of use.
On Day 1, the day of nothingness, i am supposed to post meaningful content.
When others are posting bs.
Take the creator of this discussion, SBG,
Last few games, he comes and say, this is post 1, post 2,.
And that makes more sense and is more meaningful to everyone.
Whereas the one who is atleast trying to post something other than stating that this is a post, gets lynched. And most games, i am at the top of the post counts.

After someone pokes me, others jump on, saying that "Seeing that there is nothing else to go on/no one else to lynch, MK seems the most perfect lynch candidate."

And the people who do this, is labeled townish by everyone.
Yeah, like lynch MK and you are town.
Good luck on that.

And this happens every game i am in.
Give me a break.

And the funny thing, is that i am never scum.
I have been scum just twice in here.
But that's irrelevant for some.

Consider being in my situation,
I never get the chance to have a meaningful role in any game.
Because i never get the chance to survive past a certain point.
A few times, i got the role of cop, and before i could even investigate, i am lynched Day 1.

So i decided that if you guys don't give me room, i need to make room for myself.
I was so fed up that i decided that I need to get to Day 5 at least, one way or the other, even if that means town loses. Cause i had enough of your crap.

Samus quit Mafia for a reason, you guys still do the things you did to make him quit.
You are like, "Samus is gone, now the default is MK"

Is it really "game-throwing"?

Samus initially lied about his role last game but then gave his true role and was able to convince the town about the truth.

Lying about your role might be appropriate. In the case of Lord MK, he was a commuter and if he came under lynch pressure, then maybe he might get a few players to change votes if they thought they were potentially saving a jack-of-all-trades rather than a commuter. The problem was that he did a bad job of keeping his story straight so it was obvious that he was lying.

I can see a strategy where a vanilla townie will want to draw the night-kill from the scum. This is actually addressed in the page on mafiascum.net "Lynch All Liars".

My real pet peeve is "If a veteran player was not night-killed, he must be scum" but there's not much we can do about that. (Although I gave Samus Day 1 and Night 1 immunity last game)

If you look at the above post, Kev, he is proud to share that he deliberately threw the gam in an effort to take revenge upon those who have wronged him by lynching him when he acts scummy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
Well ill make this simple, one way other you will lose a mafia player, I refuse to play any games MK signs up for after him pulling this shit.

He is horrible at contradicting himself and somehow that's other players fault for calling him out. Don't want to be called out, don't put yourself in the limelight by constantly contradicting yourself.

O btw, it doesn't matter how many times someone has been scum, every game is different and everyone has the same amount of chance of being one. Just because you act scummy every game doesn't mean people are going to go, o that's just MK, he always acts scummy so we shouldn't pressure him.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
You get lynched early in games because you never seem to keep your story straight or the very second someone pokes you, You blow up and overreact to a single person. That shines a spotlight on you.

Speaking of recent games, I don't understand how you think you're like Samus who was killed early every game for being good and would be dangerous. If he wasn't scum, scum killed him because they feared him.

Your last games?
The last Jedi you were killed at night. You were a scum faction anyhow.

Scale of Justice you survived to the end game. How does that equate to you ALWAYS being killed early when you literally survived to the very end?

The last Harry Potter game I believe we were scum together. You got caught in a lie and began blowing up on people and dragged everyone's attention. I mean I could read back to get an exact reason if you'd like.

It's mafia. We all come under heat. We all get poked. We all get lynched eventually on one game or another. We get night killed early on some games. It is not a reason to throw a game when we worked hard to finally get some action going on in it. Honestly it was fucked up and if you think because you died in previous games it excuses that, I just don't know how that logic works. That's bullshit plain and simple.

God forbid we all just started throwing games because we don't agree with something.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

saw my name mentioned a few times, someone gimme a tl;dr

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

tl;dr - MK made elaborate/inconsistent lies as town, stuck to them till the end resulting in mislynch. Everyone is annoyed with him. He says he doesn't care because we always lynch him early and that is running him & you off from the game. SBG points out flaws with that arguement. Then you posted. 

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Just to add, i've never been lynched in any mafia game - even when I was scum, it's only scum that have ever killed me early

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

MK, it's really not the whole world against you, it's just you making mistakes. If you're getting lynched then it's because you made wrong moves, not because people are bent on killing you (and lose the game in the process - no sane townie would do it).

I propose you start learning from your mistakes instead of blaming everyone else.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Well ill make this simple, one way other you will lose a mafia player, I refuse to play any games MK signs up for after him pulling this shit.

Don't fret. I decided to not play anymore on here. It's just not worth it, to keep getting excited game after game and finally getting lynched in d1 or d2.

So play all you want, crybabies.
The bad guy is out.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Don't fret. I decided to not play anymore on here. It's just not worth it, to keep getting excited game after game and finally getting lynched in d1 or d2.

So play all you want, crybabies.
The bad guy is out.

yeah.. you're really doing this to yourself.

i'm not even involved in this conversation but I can clearly see you're just clearly victimising your own self now.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter