Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 2018 Midterm Elections

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

hahahahahahahahaha

I cant stand that woman.  she is bat shit crazy

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
  • Squadron:Kilo

What are your predictions for mid terms? I'm really excited and can't wait till Tuesday.

I think Dems win lower house and GOP keeps senate and governors.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

What are your predictions for mid terms? I'm really excited and can't wait till Tuesday.

I think Dems win lower house and GOP keeps senate and governors.

It's really hard to say. I can't get away from my bad habit of following polls. I thought Hillary Clinton was going to win by a large margin in 2016, because I follow polls. My wife on the other hand, does not follow polls and said Trump was gonna win when he came down the escalator, and she never wavered, not once, from her support. I was all prepared to be the shoulder for her to cry on when he lost, but it turned into an all night celebration. The polls, and all the talking heads on TV and the papers, were all miserably wrong.

I haven't seen any of them make a correction. They are doing everything the same way they have always done it. So if something was wrong in 2016, it's still wrong today. It seems that most polling is done by Trump haters, and they tend to only talk to each other. Plus, I know for a fact that a lot of Republicans, and Trump supporters, keep their personal views private, because they know they will get bashed for it, and lead to arguments.

Early voting is a Democrat thing, Republicans are traditionalists and like to stick to election day. This was the very first time in my life I voted early. Republican numbers for early voting is very strong, and I really expect them to be just as strong on Tuesday.

That being said, I do expect the statewide elections to favor Republicans. The House is all local, and I expect Blue to just get Bluer, and Red to just get Redder. So prediction wise, I will stick with my bad habit and say the Democrats take the House, and Republicans will expand their majority in the Senate. My wife, on the other hand, is a true believer... she says Red Wave all the way. I will not make the same mistake by telling her she is not living in reality. The economy is real, but the hate for Donald Trump is just as real.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

After 2016 I too have lost belief/faith in the polls buddy. But I'm going mostly on gut feeling. You see that Dems are bringing out the big guns like Obama and Hillary for campaigning and the rallies have shown good crowd response/attendance. So it just seems to me that Dems make take 220-225 in lower house while senate will be 52-48 GOP.

And yes the country will get further split along party lines with every election, I wholeheartedly agree with you on that note.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Most of the people going with "I don't belief the polls/predictions" generally don't understand what actual polling or predictions are. Couple this with some idiotic click-bait sites that went for ludricous "+95% Hillary" stuff and you indeed get bad faith in it.

For Polling: the metrics and adjustments behind polling are ever changing and ever updating, no respectable polling place wants to keep missing the obvious, like no kitching will keep forgetting to add salt.

For Predictions: take everything both with a grain of salt BUT also understand what an actual prediction means. For instance 538 (which got mentioned here and is only an aggregator!) had a Trump win more likely then you flipping a coin and get heads twice. Predictions are run in "big numbers/volumes" and are percentages, they aren't a "50%+1 WINS!" type deal.

And lastly, don't underestimate the November Surprise and its impact on still undecided voters.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You see that Dems are bringing out the big guns like Obama and Hillary for campaigning and the rallies have shown good crowd response/attendance.

No Democrat wants to be seen on the same stage as Hillary... It's Obama and Biden that are out there, and they don't show you the crowd size. Trump rallies are gigantic, and there is no competition over who has the largest draw, but that won't win any election... or so I believe. Trump had the big crowds in 2016, and I didn't think that would win it. It just shows who has the most fanatics. Obama and Biden can't keep up with Trump. They are both now speaking like they have no vocal chords left, and that does more harm than good.

The things that matter most where the rubber meets the road is in the issues. Trump has real time, current issues in his favor. We have an economy this country has never seen before. Unemployment is at a record low. Not since 1969 have we seen 3.7%, but the thing that makes this much different... we didn't have 320 million people in 1969. This is unprecedented, and what makes it even worse for Democrats is Obama is on record saying things like "2% GDP is the new normal", "Those jobs are never coming back", and "What is Trump gonna do? … Wave a magic wand?". Then we have thousands of everyone south of the border, currently marching to invade the country. Anyone who thinks this is okay is bat-shit crazy. Then we have the Kavanaugh hearings that proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that Progressives will do anything, to anyone, in order to keep their power.

The Democrats are pounding the healthcare drum... again. Didn't they fix this back in 2009 when they had super majorities in both houses of Congress? No, they didn't. They screwed it up back in 2009, and are still trying to blame Republicans for it. It's a very old and exhausting issue to run on. So it still comes down to hating Trump, and hating Republicans. That's it.

And lastly, don't underestimate the November Surprise and its impact on still undecided voters.

It's "October Surprise", and they have already been played. Anything that happens now is called a "Hail Mary"... because there is no time for anything to take root and grow controversy.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Most of the people going with "I don't belief the polls/predictions" generally don't understand what actual polling or predictions are. Couple this with some idiotic click-bait sites that went for ludricous "+95% Hillary" stuff and you indeed get bad faith in it.

For Polling: the metrics and adjustments behind polling are ever changing and ever updating, no respectable polling place wants to keep missing the obvious, like no kitching will keep forgetting to add salt.

For Predictions: take everything both with a grain of salt BUT also understand what an actual prediction means. For instance 538 (which got mentioned here and is only an aggregator!) had a Trump win more likely then you flipping a coin and get heads twice. Predictions are run in "big numbers/volumes" and are percentages, they aren't a "50%+1 WINS!" type deal.

Adding to this: people don't seem to understand how odds and percentages work. If candidate X has 25% chance of winning that isn't insignificant. That's one in four, which is pretty substancial.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
My theory is that the House is split right down the middle. And the Republicans gain 2 Senate seats.

Democrat voter turnout in Mid Term elections tends to be low, and their constant circus act seem to be pushing Moderates away.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Mid terms do have a low turnout but this is Trump era we're living in. Its do or die situation for Dems. They have to mobilize their base and they are.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

My theory is that the House is split right down the middle. And the Republicans gain 2 Senate seats.

Democrat voter turnout in Mid Term elections tends to be low, and their constant circus act seem to be pushing Moderates away.

More people turned out to vote for Hillary in the last election than anyone not named Obama  in the last 40 years. That's in percentage terms. In absolute terms more people voted for Hillary in the last election than anyone not named Obama period. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

It's "October Surprise", and they have already been played. Anything that happens now is called a "Hail Mary"... because there is no time for anything to take root and grow controversy.And lastly, don't underestimate the November Surprise and its impact on still undecided voters.

A "Hail Mary" it is then, but I wouldn't think you to be forgetting the Comey shenanigans.

offcourse for something like that it is now too late.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Dems win the House, GOP keeps the Senate, and my Governor is defeated :(

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Mid terms do have a low turnout but this is Trump era we're living in.

This was a little surprise this morning. It doesn't mean much, but it could be an indicator. Rasmussen came out with their final Generic Congressional poll today, and have called Republicans +1... this could be a significant sign because last week it was Democrats +3. This means they have seen a measurable shift. I won't hold my breath on it though.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot_nov05

In absolute terms more people voted for Hillary in the last election than anyone not named Obama period.

… And... she lost.

forgetting the Comey shenanigans.

The Comey shenanigans lasted from July to election day, and that was because it's really hard to white wash the numerous years of crimes from an obvious criminal.

and my Governor is defeated

Who is your Governor? Scott Walker?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Well in terms of guilty verdicts, 1 person did indeed trump the other...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

First states are coming in... good luck to everyone!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users