Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Huge layoffs at Buzzfeed, HuffPo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo

https://www.thecut.com/2019/02/vice-layoffs-buzzfeed-huffpost-media.html

https://www.cjr.org/business_of_news/buzzfeed-verizon-layoffs.php

Buzzfeed is also accused of racism/homophobia by former employees :lol: : https://nextshark.com/buzzfeed-layoff-poc-lgbtq/

Spoiler

So maybe the learning here is that a business model built on clickbait, racebait, genderbait and general regressive leftist propaganda doesn't sell as well as some have hoped. Also, don't anchor yourself to Facebook algorithms, it will bite you in the ass.

Let's hope that this is one more nail in the coffin for advertisement/click based business models, because frankly, all that does is generate toxicity. We need to just suck it up and pay for the content we want to support with donations/subscriptions. That ensures that journalists and creators can actually focus on their actual jobs instead of generating digital crap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

IIRC Buzzfeed used the clickbait to drive revenue for their investigative journalism, and the more serious teams. I haven't read many pieces myself, but I heard they were well respected. In the second article it said that their national news desk and national security coverage. They seem like important areas to cover. Digital age has been brutal to print media. I get almost all my "news" from Reddit, but that itself links to articles written by them. 15% cuts are substantial. It does seem like subscription is the way moving forward. 

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I haven't read many pieces myself, but I heard they were well respected.

A few good pieces and lots of unabashedly biased ones was my impression, and I actually read quite a few.  As they say: Bad faith changes everything...

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of fake news composers. They have to loudly blame something trendy for their firing, or too much attention will be spent actually fact checking their work. The world is a slightly better place today.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

I never took BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source. But i did enjoy some of their youtube videos, that had nothing to do with news lol

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I heared they are mostly "freelancing" their entire click-bait side of the business cause they found that teenagers made better "these are 5 things ..." stuff then their own staff. >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users