Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BA-03] The Rains of Castamere Mafia TOWN WINS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
261 replies to this topic

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
  • Squadron:Kilo

My vote stays on Kevin due to SBG theory. I agree with him.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

When I was pressuring Velocity, it was because there was nothing else to go on.

It boiled down to the fact that the scum didn't lynch him when they had the chance with the admission that I would have chased the scum that cast the hammer vote.

There were some other lynch votes, but that could easily be explained as a townie trying to lynch scum and getting it wrong.

Now I have SeaBeeGipson, with a false claim against me.  That's something concrete to go on and is easily the best choice to lynch now.

I'll be traveling Thursday through Tuesday so my activity might be spotty but I'll post when I can.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:Velocity

When I was pressuring Velocity, it was because there was nothing else to go on.
It boiled down to the fact that the scum didn't lynch him when they had the chance with the admission that I would have chased the scum that cast the hammer vote.
There were some other lynch votes, but that could easily be explained as a townie trying to lynch scum and getting it wrong.

Now I have SeaBeeGipson, with a false claim against me. That's something concrete to go on and is easily the best choice to lynch now.

I'll be traveling Thursday through Tuesday so my activity might be spotty but I'll post when I can.

It could’ve also been that you and MK were two of the scum trying to get a wagon on me and you didn’t want to drop your third scum member for when I flipped town. 👀
It’s not the most likely thing but at this point anything is possible

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

@Brewers - Rafay's last post removes him from being in danger of being mod-killed, correct? We need to make sure that we don't lose him to mod-kill or the game could be over.

Just an FYI

I am going out of town for the weekend, so I am moving the deadline up to 5/16/19 at 10PM CN time

Also want to make sure that this isn't missed.

@Velocity @CM: You have until tomorrow evening to decide what you're going to do since Brewers is cutting the day short. Don't rush your votes. You have ~33 hours to decide.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

I was checking for a possible inconsistency, but it seems to check out.

But does it really? Let me elaborate on this.

Let's all assume The Warrior is telling the truth in these scenarios and I'm scum for sake of argument and compare it with what we know.

Scenario 1: I'm Scum, Velocity is my scum partner (This is more for Rafay, and CM. Velocity I know is town at this point.)
In this scenario, it implied that not only Velocity, but myself both voted for MK during D3. Not only that, it implies that MK and Velocity started lynch wagons on each other, and when Velocity's picked up, I (the other scum), tried to draw attention to MK by joining his wagon. Basically, this implies the scum were all trying to kill each other and they didn't even bother to look for another target. In fact, at the time I voted the wagons were as follows:
Velocity: KevinH, Lord MK, Col Med
Lord Mk: Velocity, SBG
Robert: Rafay

If I was scum, why did I 1) Not join Robert's town wagon? 2) wait to see if another wagon formed, or 3) try to start another wagon. Instead this idea implies I placed the other scum in 2nd place, while Velocity (scum in this scenario) in first and doing nothing to draw attention away from the scum team. If I was trying to earn brownie points as a scum lynching a fellow scum, wouldn't it make more sense to kill Velocity who had the easier wagon?

Scenario 2: I'm Scum and Col Med is my scum partner. (This is more for Rafay and Velocity)

This implies that D4 started with KevinH setting a FoS on Velocity. Not only in this scenario are both of them town, but I would have nothing to gain by defending them. In this scenario, it implies I jumped out of the gate to defend Velocity, fake claim (without knowing what other roles were out there), and targetted KevinH. Instead of letting them form wagons on each other. What do I have to gain here except making myself a target? Why would I put myself in the spotlight when I could've let Velocity and Kevin put the spotlight on each other. I don't even think I have to explain how this scenario makes no sense.
I don't believe scenario 1 is what is at play here either. As mentioned, MK flipping scum basically validated Velocity's town credentials for me.

Scenario 2 is possible and you absolutely would have something to gain by defending Velocity and targeting Kevin. Velocity was still a target of Kevin's but that in no way guaranteed that either one of them would be successful in forming a wagon on the other today without help. But with Kevin pressing Velocity yesterday you knew that it would be likely that Velocity (knowing his own town alignment) would look harder at Kevin for pressuring him. Fabricating a claim to incriminate Kevin would make it easier to sway Velocity to back you against him. All you would need at that point would be for CM, Rafay, or myself to follow your fake claim and secure Kevin's lynch and most likely the game. This was a gamble on your part but a calculated risk because even though you didn't know what (if any) other PR's might still be in play, you were probably feeling pretty good about the fact that there hadn't been any evidence or even a hint of evidence brought forth by anyone up to that point. Seeing a Goon Cop, a Tracker, and a bunch of VT's probably made it worth the risk.

As far as a ninja theory, that would involve 1) if there are two scums, we'd have a JOAT and a Ninja, and Rhizo's goon cop role would be useless or 2) We have 3 scum, 1 JOAT, 1 Ninja, and 1 goon. If this theory applies, then please see above. In which scenario and whom is my scum partner if a ninja exists?

You are conveniently forgetting a third option where your role isn't a watcher and you fake claimed pretending to see someone visit Wolfpacks on the night he was killed to hopefully get a lynch on Kevin today and end the game with a night kill.

It doesn't make sense that Talisa Stark would start out as a VT but then be magically given a power role on day 2. This doesn't make sense for a couple reasons:
  • There is no real game mechanic that I'm aware of outside of Backup/Universal Backup that would support that occurring. Given the fact that it was a Tracker (not Watcher) that died the night before you supposedly became a Watcher, you can't be a Backup/Universal Backup.
  • If Robb Stark is a VT and Talisa Stark is a VT, why would Talisa Stark be the character that would be gifted a power role over Robb Stark? That was part of everyone's contention with Velocity's role claim at the time that he made it. Not only did he tease having a PR, but then when he claimed Robb Stark was a VT it didn't really fit with the story. It's even harder to believe that Talisa Stark would be gifted a PR instead of Robb Stark considering that Talisa Stark is the first person to die at the Red Wedding. Robb is at least alive for awhile longer and witnesses his army and family being slaughtered before being killed himself.
If you are indeed a Town Watcher and you had incriminating evidence against Kevin who supposedly visited Wolfpacks, why did you wait until your third post of the day (~14 hours later) to role claim?
I already dropped my final verdict. Bring me whoever is actually Talisa Stark or I’m voting Kevin. There is no way of SBG had a fake RC using Talisa and nobody else is Talisa, with the amount of times that she has been mentioned in the flavor text, somebody should have counterclaimed by now. The only other option I see is that it’s CM and he doesn’t want to reveal it because he doesn’t want himself and Rafay to die at night. But at the same exact time if I don’t have something telling me that SBG isn’t Talisa I’m going to believe it.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Why is it impossible that Talisa Stark is a fake claim that SBG was given? You believe that Talisa's character exists in the game. I agree with you that she almost certainly does. But why does that preclude her from being a scum fake claim that Brewers is using in the flavor text?

I've done the exact same thing in the Harry Potter games. At different points I have used Harry, Ron, and Hermione all as scum fake claims so that they could be used in the flavor text.

Unfortunately, I can't bring you Talisa Stark because I don't know who it is (if not SBG) but you cannot just write off the possibility that SBG was given that as a fake claim.

Here's something to consider, if SBG's main character name is Talisa Stark and he was killed, would Rafay also die automatically since he is the "unborn child"? Brewers made a point to specify Rafay's role in an interesting way:

Rafay, Eddarad Stark, the unborn child of Talisa and Robb, an innocent child, is confirmed as town

I would think that if Brewers didn't intend for that to happen he would have just said: "Rafay, Eddarad Stark, an innocent child, is confirmed as town."

If that was the case, it would be like a one-way "lover" situation which would be shitty for town. One the other hand, if the name Talisa Stark was given to a scum member as a safe claim, that wouldn't be their true name and then perhaps Rafay wouldn't die if "Talisa Stark" was killed.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
This is probably going to end badly for town, it’s just so hard to choose who to believe.

On one hand SBG claimed Talisa Stark and nobody has counterclaimed, which gives massive points for him actually being Talisa and town, but on the other it’s extremely odd that a VT would be given a power role midway through the game, especially if he is Talisa, which removes a few fro me.

SBG claiming before anyone else would be extremely risky for scum to do, with little to no payoff for that huge risk, which is also some townie points. The most unsettling thing is just his role being given to him midway through, it would eliminate the need to forge actions without using ones we already know.

Overall I feel like on a scale of 1-10, TW’s argument is a 5 and SBG’s is a 6. This is a very close call, but I feel as if it’s the right call.

Vote: Kevin

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

I agree with Velocity on this being a hard choice. Both sides have valid points, but a side has to be chosen nonetheless. 

If that was the case, it would be like a one-way "lover" situation which would be shitty for town. One the other hand, if the name Talisa Stark was given to a scum member as a safe claim, that wouldn't be their true name and then perhaps Rafay wouldn't die if "Talisa Stark" was killed.

If SBG is indeed Talisa, and it was a lover situation. I don't think i'm comfortable voting for him if it does end up killing Rafay. The risk is to high this late in the game in my opinion. I really am torn on who to vote for, but this one theory has now eliminated me thinking about voting for SBG. Worst case scenario, i would prefer losing 1 townie over 2. I just hope it doesn't end up with another townie dead.

Vote: Kevin

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Final Vote Count

Colonel Medved (0) 

KevinH (4) SeaBeeGipson, Rafay, Velocity, Colonel Medved

Rafay (0)

SeaBaeGipson (2) The Warrior, KevinH

The Warrior (0)

Velocity (0)

Not voting:  

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch or 2 at deadline.  Deadline is 5/19 at 11am CN time

KevinH (4) SeaBeeGipson, Rafay, Velocity, Colonel Medved

Roose Bolton betrayed their house, Cat thought to herself.  He helped the Freys set this up!  This massacre...  Cat grabbed a knife.  She needed to kill the traitor.  She looked at the chaotic great hall, but could not find him.

"Lady Stark, you should hide,"  A voice said from behind.

Cat turned around and saw Talisa behind her.

"No, I cant hide, I must find and kill Roose Bolton, that traitor!" Cat said.

"My lady, I found him, he is over their, 'Talisa told her.

A figure stood in the shadows, hiding from the bloodshead.  Cat recognized him as Roose.  She creeped along the side of the hall and then snuck up behind him.  With all her might she shoved her knife into his chest and said triumphantly

"Ned Stark sends his regards"

Kevin H, Roose Bolton, a Traitor, died D4

It is now N4.  Deadline is 9am tomorrow

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Talisa charged the head table.  Walder Frey was drinking from his wine.  She drew her blade and he drew his.  Walder plunged his dagger deep into her belly, stabbing her over and over again.  Talisa lunged forward and slit Walders throat.  They both fell to the ground, dead.

"ENOUGH!"  Robb shouted.  "Your Lord is dead.  Lay down your weapons and surrender and your lives will be spared." 

The Frey men looked at their dead Lord, then dropped their weapons and surrendered.

SeaBeeGipson, Talisa Stark, a Town Vigilante died n4

Rafay, Eddard Stark, an innocent and unborn child died n4

The Warrior, Walder Frey, a Mafia Role Cop died n4

TOWN WINS!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

Talisa charged the head table. Walder Frey was drinking from his wine. She drew her blade and he drew his. Walder plunged his dagger deep into her belly, stabbing her over and over again. Talisa lunged forward and slit Walders throat. They both fell to the ground, dead.

"ENOUGH!" Robb shouted. "Your Lord is dead. Lay down your weapons and surrender and your lives will be spared."

The Frey men looked at their dead Lord, then dropped their weapons and surrendered.

TOWN WINS!

Who was left alive then, me as Robb and CM as?

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
Wow I really did not expect that to work and kind of just threw a hail Mary with a fake claim. I figured once I hit MK and he popped up scum, I was sure Velocity was town. so I was split between Kevin, Warrior, and CM. figured we had 2 scum left, so I'd have a 2/3 chance of getting one with my fake claim. I really didn't expect a fake claim counter like that and definitely made this one of the most fun days I've had in any mafia game.

Serious props to the Mafia and Warrior. Every time he replied I felt like he had exposed my fake claim and I was gone. Even when Kevin kept stating he didn't do anything, I was worried I was about to get a town lynched. Anyway, definitely was a great game and special thanks to Warrior for that exciting ending drama.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Wow I really did not expect that to work and kind of just threw a hail Mary with a fake claim. I figured once I hit MK and he popped up scum, I was sure Velocity was town. so I was split between Kevin, Warrior, and CM. figured we had 2 scum left, so I'd have a 2/3 chance of getting one with my fake claim. I really didn't expect a fake claim counter like that and definitely made this one of the most fun days I've had in any mafia game.

Serious props to the Mafia and Warrior. Every time he replied I felt like he had exposed my fake claim and I was gone. Even when Kevin kept stating he didn't do anything, I was worried I was about to get a town lynched. Anyway, definitely was a great game and special thanks to Warrior for that exciting ending drama.

Well done.  Felt it was a ballsy play by TW, but he did well with his replies that I could see him swaying enough people, especially with the idea of two cops, given that my role essentially was useless I came to find out, as there were no goons.

I was waiting for you to say one thing to help sell the other town.  That was, when it was sitting 2 votes on Kevin, 1 of which everyone knew was town (rafay), if you were scum, your scum partner would of also jumped on to get to 3 votes first (in case of a tie) to make sure there was a mislynch.  But seemed you didn't need it, you were able to get other town to follow off a hail mary play

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

Talisa charged the head table. Walder Frey was drinking from his wine. She drew her blade and he drew his. Walder plunged his dagger deep into her belly, stabbing her over and over again. Talisa lunged forward and slit Walders throat. They both fell to the ground, dead.

"ENOUGH!" Robb shouted. "Your Lord is dead. Lay down your weapons and surrender and your lives will be spared."

TOWN WINS!

I was Catelyn Stark, VT.

That was a good game. Major props to SBG for the win of the year. I decided last second to switch to Kevin. TW almost had me, but he made a mistake mentioning the lover being possible

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Congrats town.

I made a calculated gamble. I knew that the mafia's chance was very slim after you shot MK. The odds were kind of stacked against us. The biggest thing that I had going for me was that I knew your Watcher claim was fake. I investigated you the previous night and discovered that you were a Vigilante. Even though you were actually town it's disappointing that the rest of the town ended up believing that you had gained a random power role on day 2 since there isn't any standard game mechanic that would have given you that role.

If I could do it all over again I know what a better play would have been for me.

Well done.  Felt it was a ballsy play by TW, but he did well with his replies that I could see him swaying enough people, especially with the idea of two cops, given that my role essentially was useless I came to find out, as there were no goons.

Thanks. I thought that I had raised several good points.

I was waiting for you to say one thing to help sell the other town.  That was, when it was sitting 2 votes on Kevin, 1 of which everyone knew was town (rafay), if you were scum, your scum partner would of also jumped on to get to 3 votes first (in case of a tie) to make sure there was a mislynch.  But seemed you didn't need it, you were able to get other town to follow off a hail mary play

I was waiting for this too.

TOWN WINS!

I was Catelyn Stark, VT.

That was a good game. Major props to SBG for the win of the year. I decided last second to switch to Kevin. TW almost had me, but he made a mistake mentioning the lover being possible

This was actually kind of a last minute argument as well. I figured out what Brewers did with the relationship between SBG's character and Rafay's character and thought that I could spin it into the safe claim narrative. The way that it ended up sounding was a mistake. What I meant to say was that if Talisa Stark was indeed a scum safe claim, the whole idea of a "one-way" lover wouldn't affect Rafay if SBG was killed because in that case Talisa Stark would only be a fake character in the game and not his actual character.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
Suck it brewers and suck it haters. Even in death I've beaten the mafia #TrueGOAT. How does it feel mafia players to get pissed on by a foetus?? Suck my amniotic fluid.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Someone needs their bottle and a clean diaper.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Suck it brewers and suck it haters.Even in death I've beaten the mafia #TrueGOAT.How does it feel mafia players to get pissed on by a foetus?? Suck my amniotic fluid.

Legit laughing my ass off right now 😂😂😂

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Legit laughing my ass off right now

My post game speeches are always entertaining.  

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

iSocialism

iSocialism

Steadfast

• Vault: EIEIO
  • 2,877 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495372
  • Souls Baptized:1,051,215
  • Squadron:Delta

Legit laughing my ass off right now

My post game speeches are always entertaining.  

And longer with more details
Posted Image
Don't just sell tech like a noob. EIEIO it. EIEIO
Spoiler
Spoiler

bay102174 - 19 Jan 2015 "
iSocialism, with stats like this you are a great credit to the IRON military. Your fighting spirit exemplifies what being a member of IRON is about.

iSocialism has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter