Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[TW-10] The Office Mafia - Mafia Wins!

[TW-10] The Office Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
286 replies to this topic

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:Velocity

Wait, you said that you are a vote thief.
Whose vote did you steal yesterday?
And on all other days.

Even-night vote thief, if you check my RC.

Last night I didn’t attempt to steal anybody’s because I figured that I would be followed by a PR after not being lynched (which I’m still at a loss about) and didn’t want to get wrongly accused if I, say, tried to steal iSoc’s vote the night he died.

I am 100% 1-shot bulletproof, so I still don’t know why I wasn’t lynched, I can’t exactly defend myself on that front. I’m thinking maybe a hidden role modifier or something? That’s my best guess.
Someone educate me, I've never been bulletproof before, but does the modifier only stop kills or all actions? I'd assume night kills, but if it stops all results for 1 shot, I'm curious as to why being followed would concern you? The question really only applies if my understanding of bulletproof is wrong and applies to more than just night kills.

Also, the likelihood of TWO passive abilities (lynchproof and bulletproof) seems highly unlikely to me

It only applies to kill actions.

The reason I didn’t want to use my action is in case again, like I said, I visit iSoc on the night he died to steal his vote but he turns up dead the next day as town. Tracker or whoever sees me do it starts blasting me for being scum or SK or something.
I’m I didn’t want to have that chance, seeing as even if I did steal somebody’s vote they would probably be town and they just wouldn’t have a vote while I could potentially vote wrong and lynch another townie.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
  • Squadron:Kilo

Too much flip flopping from Velocity. Trying to confuse everyone.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
But why are you worried about a tracker in the first place?
As a townie, that shouldnt bother you. Should the cop worry about a tracker? Should the doctor? The only one worried about a tracker is a scum who targets a player who dies. If you target someone and they dont die, it makes your claim believable.

Whereas, if you were to steal Isoc's vote, only the scum and/or SK/Vig knew he would die. So that whole reasoning still doesnt make sense to me.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

Given the current situation we are in, i'm more than happy as of right now for Velocity being lynched. I'm going to hold me vote for now, since he is already at deadline and i don't want to be a part of the day ending early if he was to get hammered. The defense layed out by Velocity is not very convincing, so either he is just scrambling for scraps to keep himself afloat, or he is just having trouble proving he is town. I'm willing to bet on the first option.

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eogrim

Eogrim

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,334 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:617833
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:eogrim#0113

Someone educate me, I've never been bulletproof before, but does the modifier only stop kills or all actions? I'd assume night kills, but if it stops all results for 1 shot, I'm curious as to why being followed would concern you? The question really only applies if my understanding of bulletproof is wrong and applies to more than just night kills.

Also, the likelihood of TWO passive abilities (lynchproof and bulletproof) seems highly unlikely to me

Bulletproof only applies to nightkills of any kind.
I guess, if we where to believe him, his concern would be that someone who spotted him would accuse him of being scum.

On a side note, does anyone know of any other explanation for him surviving the lynchvote than him being lynchproof?
I know of the "loved" modifier, but that doesn't seem to fit his role character

You have to know yourself, be honest about yourself, and rely on people around you to tell you when you’re being an asshole, and when they are kind enough to tell you, listen.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

But why are you worried about a tracker in the first place?
As a townie, that shouldnt bother you. Should the cop worry about a tracker? Should the doctor? The only one worried about a tracker is a scum who targets a player who dies. If you target someone and they dont die, it makes your claim believable.

Whereas, if you were to steal Isoc's vote, only the scum and/or SK/Vig knew he would die. So that whole reasoning still doesnt make sense to me.

What Eog said is what I was meaning. Say I tried to steal iSoc’s vote and a town tracker saw me target him, he could jump out and call me scum or SK or whatever if he didn’t believe my RC, which seeing as how it’s currently laid out nobody really does lol.

All he would know is that I targeted iSoc on the night he died, which could lead to some accusations being thrown.

As for what CM said, the defense I have laid out is just scraps because I can’t defend myself against me not being lynched if I don’t know how I wasn’t lynched, so I don’t know what more you want from me on that front. My best guess is still a hidden lynchproof modifier.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

On a side note, does anyone know of any other explanation for him surviving the lynchvote than him being lynchproof?

A Governor could have saved him.
A Priest might have cast the hammer vote.
Some of those on the wagon might be Voteless.
A Vote Thief might have stolen the vote from somebody on the wagon.

I still like Lynchproof as the explanation

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

The thing with velocity that gave him town points for me was when Brewers and him were tied with 4 v 4, and Velocity still had his vote left that would of tipped the scales where Brewers would of been lynched.  If scum was looking to get lynched, they'd at least try to save themselves for one more day and force a mislynch on Brewers who we now know is town, even if it meant tomorrow he would be suspect #1.

Now, if in fact Velocity knew he was lynchproof scum, it would of certainly made more sense to help mislynch Brewers yesterday, as he'd still have his lynchproof ability for today.  

But I do agree that Velocity surviving the lynch is certainly suspect when he claimed he didn't know about the role.  I don't see him being bulletproof and lynch proof, but then again I was wrong with TW using Ascetic as an actual role when he only used it as a modifier in past games.  

Things I will add is this

Col Medved - 

Well, looks like brewers was telling the truth. with two dead last night, i really hope we can get the train rolling and knock out some scranton scum!

The Warrior, on 13 Jun 2019 - 13:08, said:snapback.png

Brewersalliance (3): KevinH, SeaBeeGipson, Rhizoctonia

I guess the first place to start is brewer's wagon. Though i agree that the wording brewers used was weird in his RC, i decided last minute to unvote due to there possibly being a lover situation. Thankfully it seems it was not a thing. So now we have three people to look into

I also find it weird that Velocity wasn't lynched yesterday. He claims to be a 1 shot bulletproof, which has no effect on lynches. It was either a oversight by TW (Which i doubt it), or Velocity is lying about his claim. 

This is a bit comical for someone who was in fact on Brewer's wagon, and changed right near the end when Brewers could of just as likely got lynched if Velocity changed and put his vote on him.  When someone ends up not voting for anyone by the end of the day, I don't see how they can talk about any wagons when they avoided them completely.

Rafay - So Rafay claims tracker.  He very well could be a scum tracker, and he very well could be scum partners with Kevin as he tried to take any pressure off Kevin when he RC'd on D2 merely stating Kevin didn't do anything which doesn't mean anything.  Kevin could still be scum goon with no role, could be a mafia ninja which can't be tracked and so forth.  Then D3 comes, and he said he tracked Brewers because he thought he was scum.  If he thought Brewers was scum, then why did he not vote him D2, where instead he voted Velocity.  If he felt Velocity was scum enough to vote him D2 and Velocity survived the lynch, why wouldn't you track the person you felt was most likely scum.  

Instead, he claims to have tracked Brewers who RC ascetic and now we know he is.  Such a easy claim to make when the person you claim to have tracked winds up dead.  He also claimed he got "He didn't target anyone."  He wouldn't get that result when tracking a ascetic, from the mafia scum website Investigative roles (CopsRole CopsWatchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

Let alone, if we get 1 more mislynch, we could possibly be in a situation tomorrow where we have to lynch right or we lose.  How ideal would it be if Rafay is scum to claim to of tracked who did the kill tonight, and then get a easy mislynch to win tomorrow with people believing him.

Vote: Rafay

I'm voting him because if he thought Brewers was scum so he tracked him, then why did the day before he not have his vote on Brewers and instead have it on Velocity.  Why if he felt Velocity was the best choice for scum yesterday to vote him would he not track Velocity last night?  And the fact he said he got a result that he didn't target anyone which is not the result one would get when using a investigative ability on an Asectic, he would of gotten "No Result"

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:

This is a bit comical for someone who was in fact on Brewer's wagon, and changed right near the end when Brewers could of just as likely got lynched if Velocity changed and put his vote on him.  When someone ends up not voting for anyone by the end of the day, I don't see how they can talk about any wagons when they avoided them completely.

I decided last minute to remove my vote due to the plausibility of there being a lover situation, as brewers explained. I did it on the deadline day, and had no other person i suspected at the time and didn't want to pile onto the Velocity wagon since he was already in line to be lynched. It just so happened that it was a good move, since brewers was actually town. I added that information into my post since i was close to be associated with the wagon, and could see how hypocritical it could be taken. I was simply suggesting it as a place to start, not j'accuse-ing anyone due to it.

Rafay - So Rafay claims tracker.  He very well could be a scum tracker, and he very well could be scum partners with Kevin as he tried to take any pressure off Kevin when he RC'd on D2 merely stating Kevin didn't do anything which doesn't mean anything.  Kevin could still be scum goon with no role, could be a mafia ninja which can't be tracked and so forth.  Then D3 comes, and he said he tracked Brewers because he thought he was scum.  If he thought Brewers was scum, then why did he not vote him D2, where instead he voted Velocity.  If he felt Velocity was scum enough to vote him D2 and Velocity survived the lynch, why wouldn't you track the person you felt was most likely scum.    

Instead, he claims to have tracked Brewers who RC ascetic and now we know he is.  Such a easy claim to make when the person you claim to have tracked winds up dead.  He also claimed he got "He didn't target anyone."  He wouldn't get that result when tracking a ascetic, from the mafia scum website Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

That's a good catch, I didn't catch that discrepancy in his claims. Like i've said before, i'm more than happy for a Velocity lynch as his situation still seems a bit off. But in the case that people change their mind last minute, i will follow you on your lead since it seems well informed.

Vote: Rafay

Posted Image

-Plato

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Nice points about rafay.
But then again, Rafay being rafay is not suspicious enough.
I would love to look into rafay more.
But now we need to get Velocity.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

Nice points about rafay.

For me the only thing that put Rafay of the more likely town list for me is the fact that after you voted for me because of my post count all he said was

“I hope I’m right.”

And then he proceeded to vote for me.

It struck me as odd because I had nothing going against me except for vote count.
Also worth noting is that he claimed tracker to save Kevin when he was against brewer, brewer turning up town, even though Rafay’s vote was on me. If he was scum this could have been because he was trying to get me, a bulletproof town, lynched, and he would know I’m not lying because he’e scum, and skis would save his scum partner Kevin at the same time.

As per usual though, for now I will be holding my vote, as I don’t see a need to vote for anyone yet.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

You guys are making a big mistake. I'm a tracker I already gave out my role info. The only reason mafia didn't kill me is cuz my role isn't a threat to them.

Though it is interesting to see that when I voted for Velocity, a lot people are turning up against me.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:

For me the only thing that put Rafay of the more likely town list for me is the fact that after you voted for me because of my post count all he said was “I hope I’m right.” And then he proceeded to vote for me. It struck me as odd because I had nothing going against me except for vote count. Also worth noting is that he claimed tracker to save Kevin when he was against brewer, brewer turning up town, even though Rafay’s vote was on me. If he was scum this could have been because he was trying to get me, a bulletproof town, lynched, and he would know I’m not lying because he’e scum, and skis would save his scum partner Kevin at the same time.

That's usually how Rafay votes, no explanation attached. I wouldn't strike it as odd, but just the usual lol :P

Though the point Rhizo brought up is what really makes him suspicious to me, which is why i'm voting for him. 

Posted Image

-Plato

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

You guys are making a big mistake. I'm a tracker I already gave out my role info. The only reason mafia didn't kill me is cuz my role isn't a threat to them.

Though it is interesting to see that when I voted for Velocity, a lot people are turning up against me.

Not necessarily true. You voted for me 3 days ago and you just today got votes on you.

As for them avoiding killing you for just being a tracker, yes you don’t pose a huge threat to them, but you would pose enough to warrant a kill at this point in the game, with so little information about any other power roles the town may have.

They don’t want to target me, preferring to get me lynched so they don’t have to waste a nightkill getting rid of my bulletproof.
That right there leads me to suspect those who voted for me quicker than others for my RC as scum would want me gone, and knowing I’m not scum they’d need to vote to lynch me.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

Eogrim

Eogrim

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,334 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:617833
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:eogrim#0113
So you're all saying, basically, that if Rafay did a false RC, Kevin must be a scum, as it wouldn't make sense for Raf to false-claim for a townie.
So if Raf is scum, Kev must be scum.
However, if Raf is right, Kev still might be scum, as he could have used ninja or any other PR or mod to bypass Raf's watching.
That said, wouldn't the safe option be to lynch Kev, not Raf?

Any thoughts? Did I miss something obvious?

You have to know yourself, be honest about yourself, and rely on people around you to tell you when you’re being an asshole, and when they are kind enough to tell you, listen.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

So you're all saying, basically, that if Rafay did a false RC, Kevin must be a scum, as it wouldn't make sense for Raf to false-claim for a townie.
So if Raf is scum, Kev must be scum.
However, if Raf is right, Kev still might be scum, as he could have used ninja or any other PR or mod to bypass Raf's watching.
That said, wouldn't the safe option be to lynch Kev, not Raf?

Any thoughts? Did I miss something obvious?

No, not necessarily.  There's no guarantee that Kevin is scum partners with Rafay, but one must look at the possibility that Kevin is with Rafay, and his RC D2 was to take any suspicion off him.  The thing is, you can't take suspicion off Kevin when Rafay's information didn't give us much of anything, other then Kevin didn't do an action, or he didn't see him do an action, which doesn't eliminate a Ninja, nor a scum goon who doesn't have a PR.

Rafay could be a scum tracker who tracked Kevin(a town in this scenario) D1 and found he didn't do anything, then RC'd early to gain town points as well as get Kevin on his side if Kevin is town.

Rafay could be a scum tracker who didn't track Kevin D1, and instead tracked someone else, but said he tracked his scum partner Kevin to take any heat away from both of them (Kevin was garnering votes at times this game)

Rafay and Kevin could be scum partners, and rafay may not even have tracker role but just claimed it as Kevin wouldn't dispute it being his partner, and Rafay's 2nd night action is against someone who is dead who we know couldn't do a night action, and isn't alive either.

So there's possibilities that Kevin could be scum with Rafay, but it's not for sure.

I don't see why it would be wise or better to lynch Kevin when it's Rafay's stories that aren't making sense.  He thought Velocity was scum D2 and votes him, Velocity survives the lynch somehow, and suddenly now Rafay claims to have tracked Brewers N2 because he thought he was scum, yet he didn't vote Brewers D2, and Velocity who he thought was scum, was still alive.  Why wouldn't he just of tracked Velocity.

The most damning part is that Rafay claims he got "did not visit anyone," N2 when he tracked Brewers.  We know Brewers was Ascetic, and we also know investigative abilities on a Ascetic would get "No result," not a result that he didn't visit anyone.   

Nice points about rafay.

That makes zero sense.  Rafay being rafay?  This isn't rafay being Rafay, this is Rafay claiming he got a result on an Ascetic when clearly you wouldn't.  Explain to me how he'd get a result?  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
You are all assuming that the mod note would be "No Result".
It can be interpreted like this.
Rafay didn't see brewers visiting anyone, because brewers can't be watched.
So to rafay's character, brewers didn't visit anyone.

Don't just assume that tw is following mafiawiki, word for word.
For all i have seen, there's an apparently deathproof role already.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Velocity brought up Vote Thief. 

That's sort of obscure to just make up if you're scum.

Maybe there are more voting mechanics at play.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

You are all assuming that the mod note would be "No Result".
It can be interpreted like this.
Rafay didn't see brewers visiting anyone, because brewers can't be watched.
So to rafay's character, brewers didn't visit anyone.

Don't just assume that tw is following mafiawiki, word for word.
For all i have seen, there's an apparently deathproof role already.

Everyone remember who is defending him

Velocity brought up Vote Thief. 

That's sort of obscure to just make up if you're scum.

Maybe there are more voting mechanics at play.

That's an odd role to randomly make up as a scum.  It certainty wouldn't be my go to, unless a safe role was given

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Vote Count

Colonel Medved (0):

Eogrim (0):

KevinH (0):

Lord MK (0):

Rafay (2): Rhizoctonia, Colonel Medved

Rhizoctonia (0):

SeaBeeGipson (0):

Velocity (3): Lord MK, Rafay, KevinH

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting: Eogrim, SeaBeeGipson, Velocity

With 8 players alive it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline.

Deadline will be at 1:00pm CN Server time on Monday, June 24th.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter