Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Canada Votes - 2019

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583
  • Squadron:Kilo

Here we go another election.  Where professional liars tell us what we want to hear.   Not that I'm complaining, I love elections.  I've voted in every election and plebsite since I've been able to do so.

I view it as my civic duty.  If I don't excecise my right to vote, then how can I complain about the idots we've managed to elect?

Never forget the day my Old Man was bitching about the government.  I asked him, "Did you vote?"

He said "No."

I told him to shut up, if he chose not to vote, he chose not to complain.

Next month we get to chose who our leaders will be.  I'm personally predicting ground breaking election.  An election that shook up the establishment, just like the election of 1993.

On one hand we have Justin Trudeau.  An absolute imbecile.  A Prime Minister who has been in breech of several ethical violations.  His private trip to Aga Khan's private island, and his involvement with the SNC Lavin affair.

A Prime Minster who has called a wounded veteran "Greedy"

A Prime Minster whose party openly debated as to whether to give themselves a four day work week, because sitting in the Commons was just so hard.  I mean Jesus, you  a**holes only work half the goddamn year, and you're going to whine about how difficult it is to manage your work life relationship.  Just f##k right off, you entitled a%%holes! 

I could go on but I won't.  Simply to say, I despise that idiot and his band of entitled, arrogant elves. 

On the other hand we have Mr. Sheer.  Now, I'm a bit biased here.  I've voted Tory (Progressive Conservative), in every single Provincial and Federal election snice 1996.

But Sheer is not a Tory.  He's a Conservative.  He's been captured by the social conservatives,  How can I vote for someone who holds the proud history of my party in absolute contempt.  How can I vote for a party that has betrayed it's roots?  

Which brings me to the People's Party of Canada under Bernier.   Canada's Trump.  F##k that guy.

Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party.  Not a chance.  I'm not about to vote for a fascist.  Why a fascist you ask? In 2015 she was prepared to (in her own words), "march into the Governor General's office, and demand that Stephen Harper not be allowed to form government if he won a minority"  Flying in the face of Parliamentary convention.

Mr. Singh, Leader of the NDP.  A bit left, but seems to have his head on his shoulders.  Seems to speak for the working class.

Like I said a mess.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
I had no idea Canadian Politics could be so intriguing!

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I had no idea Canadian Politics could be so intriguing!

I was gonna say good luck, but the way things are going everywhere... I don't believe there's any hope for any of us.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493

Nice Rant on Trudeau!  Entitled indeed .. too bad, just like so many!

Also too bad, the remaining choices are choices you don't want to have to make. 

Next Mutton up, I guess.  :huh:  

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

Nice Rant on Trudeau!  Entitled indeed .. too bad, just like so many!

Also too bad, the remaining choices are choices you don't want to have to make. 

Next Mutton up, I guess.  :huh:  

Yes, it will be a Clothes Pin vote for me.  I've actually settled on the NDP for now.  We'll see what happens.  However, according to an article I read today on CBC, the NDP are in free fall.  They still haven't nominated candidates for a number of ridings, and they are not in good shape financially.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ndp-quebec-city-jagmeet-singh-recruiting-female-candidates-1.5273440

Yes, DeathMerchant, Canadian politics can be a bit intriguing.  I still remember the Sponsorship Scandal that  forced the then Prime Minister, Paul Martin to perform a historical first.  He went on National TV and begged us to give the Gomery Commission time to complete its job. 

(as much as I hate Wikipedia),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponsorship_scandal

There are generally a few differences with elections in this country:

1: Canadians aren't huge ideologues. (That's slowly changing)

2: "Tall Poppy Syndrome" (The idea that you can be wealthy, but you'd bloody well not show it).  Our current Prime Minister and a former PM Brian Mulroney ran into trouble here.

3: Regionalism.

4: Low levels of public trust in politicians. 

In 2015 Trudeau did very well with new/young voters.  However, as he started breaking promises and stumbling in to scandal.  I mean cripes, they weren't in a power a month and they had their first one.  They paid $225 000.00 to move a new aide in the PMO from Toronto to Ottawa.

A CBC journalist remarked "This is really shocking for first time votes, who believed Trudeau, and though his government was going to do things differently.  To the older voters, they simply shrugged their shoulders and said "Same old Liberals.""

Like I said, I think it's going to be another ground breaker like 1993.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Sounds like choices plenty but skeletons behind every door :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

@onbekende...sally I believe, if I may.  You have no idea,

It seems we made International news this week, when photos surfaced our very progressive "leader" of the Liberal Party, Justin Trudeau, in black face.  Yes, our self proclaimed champion of diversity and inclusiveness wore, (one at least three times, maybe more), black face.  One the most racist and vulgar things someone can do.  

I'm not even going to try a find a link to this one, just google it!

He's being rightly taken to task for it.  

The Edmonton Sun ran a banner head line the day after the pictures were published in Time, the head line ran "Hypocrite"

I prefer what one of our most brilliant political commentators Rex Murphey (In Rex we Trust), had this to say: https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/rex-murphy-for-anyone-else-resignation-would-be-unavoidable-and-appropriate 

Jesus, after the pictures and the video (yes there's a video), he appeared at a staged town hall.  He was asked if he could name the number of times he appeared in black face.

He couldn't.

He was asked if he could round it to the nearest five

He procced to lecture.  

When pressed on the issue, he said that "he doesn't believe in being definitive"

Doesn't believe in being definitive?

Is that a quality you look for in a leader? 

Here we have a "leader" who tossed two sitting MPs out of caucus, for what was at the time, unproven allegations of sexual misconduct.

Here we have a "leader" who declared that Pro-Lifers (I'm pro-choice myself), had no place in the Liberal Party.

Here we have a "leader" who is a self proclaimed Feminist, and then proceeds to kick two of his most outspoken female Cabinet Ministers out of caucus because they so signs of independence.  google SNC Lavin affair.

Here we have a "leader" who claims to represent the middle class, then spends millions of our hard tax dollars a vacation to Aga Khan's private island.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

My guess is you will not be voting for Justin Trudeau. I will not be voting for him either... I'm not a Canadian.

I will take to task the assumption that someone is racist, or demonstrating racist behavior, by applying makeup to look like a person of a different race. It's theater, and is not evidence of being a racist. I was once a strong participant of live role-playing Dungeons and Dragons games for many years. Anyone who knows the game understands completely that there are characters in the game known as Drow Elves. We routinely had several people, including myself, that created costumes to portray Drow. I am in no way a racist, and even our members of darker skin color didn't believe that.

Another stupid issue to rage over, created by liberals, for the sole purpose of gaining power over people.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

@onbekende...sally I believe, if I may.  You have no idea,

It seems we made International news this week, when photos surfaced our very progressive "leader" of the Liberal Party, Justin Trudeau, in black face.  Yes, our self proclaimed champion of diversity and inclusiveness wore, (one at least three times, maybe more), black face.  One the most racist and vulgar things someone can do.  

I'm not even going to try a find a link to this one, just google it!

Well that is a nearly complete North American issue, heck I would even applaud the fellow for going so far into his costume role (I can't even stand anything painted on my skin, let alone being completly plastered in it). That said, I do understand the sensitivity about it, just not the outrage it envokes on a clearly dated and no longer present mindset to do such a thing (the blackface). Him going all wishy-woshy and stuff about it is basic self-defence of something you know is inexusable, so I would even give him points for understanding the current stance towards it and his past "mistake" with it.

For me the intent is what would define rascism, intent does it all. You can offend someone with not just ignorance but by just your own culture (I always use the slurping of soup as example of this), hence this would be largly a non-issue in Europe. heck they even tried such a thing here, with added hilarity that the actual complete blackface WAS a colonial thing and activly diverted from the actual mythos of the character.

Also, "Sally"? :o

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
What a day! I’m in clomplete agreement with both Lys AND betsy! Not something you see every day :D

This is a problem for Trudeau, as Progressives are the ones that mostly care about it...and they happen to be his voter base.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

What a day! I’m in clomplete agreement with both Lys AND betsy! Not something you see every day :D

This is a problem for Trudeau, as Progressives are the ones that mostly care about it...and they happen to be his voter base.

Well even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

only once a day, I don't believe such am/pm melarky >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

only once a day, I don't believe such am/pm melarky >_>

That's why everyone knows I was talking about you... I did leave it up for opinion :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users