Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-21] JOAT^2 Town Wins

open 15 players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
866 replies to this topic

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Vote: Brewers

It is unlike him to suggest a no lynch! That's an obvious scum tell

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

So what's the strategy?

From a glance it seems that VTs should draw attention from scums to buy time for JoAT

And JoATs should only RC if they caught all scums?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Did any of them try no-lynching on D1? No, because it's generally a poor strategy. You're just handing scum a free kill to start the game and wasting an entire day for no reason, and you don't really get anything out of it except playing around with the odds. Plus you're basically dooming one player to not even getting a chance to play, which isn't really fair. It's the same thing as allowing mafia to kill on N0, it's just generally bad form.

There's not much downside to lynching someone today. There's a 20% chance that we actually find a mafia, and even if we mislynch, we still get to start establishing voting patterns which is going to be crucial in this game. Obviously there's the risk of accidentally forcing a JOAT to RC, and of course there's an 80% chance that we'll mislynch generally, but the benefits outweigh those risks IMO.

1) it's not a bad strategy.
Kevin always tried no lynching d1.
And guess who has the most wins in our mafia forums, Kevin, not you.
So i would take advice from Kevin and do a no lynch in his game.
In fact, i bet he choose this game so that we would think of no Lynching naturally this time.

2) the NK would happen regardless of whether or not we lynch someone. Making grand expressions to get town to follow your lead. (Scum Tell #1)

3) that player who's going to get offed tonight, would be offed regardless of what happens with our lynch. (Misdirection - Tell #2)

4) And all that talk about not giving the Nked player a chance, but no talk about the player we are going to be lynching today?
(Hiding hidden motive to kill off town - Tell #3)

5) we can't risk losing the Joat on n1, although you think otherwise(Hail Mary attempt to get the joat exposed early - Tell #4)

So after all evidence gathered.
If we are going to be lynching anyone, it's got to be you.
Pushing aggressively for killing off townies with no information whatsoever, is scummy.

But as i said, Town wins more games with even starting number.
And we will only get that with NLing and starting the game anew tomorrow.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
@lww - I get the argument to want to lynch but we are going to have very limited ability in this game to actually scum hunt with only having two JOATs. Vote analyzing will become more helpful as the game goes on but I’d rather not take the chance of lynching one of our only power roles or forcing them to claim on day 1.

But for the sake of argument, let’s say we opted to lynch today and hit a VT (as the odds tell us we likely would). That leaves 14 players alive going into the night. 3 scum, 11 townies. Of those 11 townies 2 of them are JOATs. That gives the scum ~18.2% chance of killing one of our only power roles.

Alternatively, if we choose not to lynch today, there will still be 15 players going into the night. 3 scum, 12 townies. Of those 12 townies 2 of them are still JOATs. That gives scum a slightly smaller ~16.7% chance of hitting one of our JOATs.

The difference may only seem like ~1.5% but in a game with only two town power roles it benefits us if they stayed hidden as long as possible.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
Damn..everyone is a mathematician at this point

FoS anyone advocating for a day 1 lynch.

Scum wins at a 4 to 1 clip when lynching with this set up on day 1.

Sure we have no evidence to what the win rate is with a no Lynch, but with the track record of a Lynch on day 1 being with it is, it's worth the risk.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Oh cool. I'm alive.

VOTE FINSTER

Haven't seen you in forever playing mafia. I feel I should give the IRON Mafia welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
I mean, if you think about it the other way around, the numbers are only going to get worse until we start killing scum. Tomorrow there will either be 14 or 13 players, and then our odds of doing town harm by mislynching go up. Same for the next day, and the day after - every day we don't kill scum, the more likely we either mislynch our only PRs or they get killed at night by mafia. Waiting puts a lot of pressure on the JOATs to get it right, and they each have a 1/20 chance to actually watch or motion detect the right person, not counting the days they'll be limited by having to use their doctor shot, and not including the chance that they accidentally catch each other, so it's not a guarantee that this strategy will even work on its own.

I'm not even remotely the best player here, and if you guys are dead set on no lynching then I wish you the best. I just know this is gonna be a hard game to win regardless, and based on the few games I've played here so far, town gets the most help by having information to speculate on. There are too many inactive and inexperienced players - myself included - to start the game by completely entrusting it to the JOATs.

FoS anyone advocating for a day 1 lynch.

Oh the sweet sweet irony of you being the person to post this lol.

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I mean. I'm for no lynches. But someone with a good argument might be able to persuade me to lynch brewers or Rafay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

I mean, if you think about it the other way around, the numbers are only going to get worse until we start killing scum.

The strategy is not about not hunting scum, it's about waiting for anything, literally anything that could positively confirm who scum is. There is definitely not a 20% chance that we will lynch scum, it's rather much lower. You are forgetting the human aspect of this, scum will talk their way out and we will most definitely end up lynching a townie. Add a NK to that, and we've already lost 2 influential people.

No Lynch is a no-brainer.

Vote: No Lynch

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

Please provide links to all examples that back up the stats.

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

Oh cool. I'm alive.

VOTE FINSTER

Haven't seen you in forever playing mafia. I feel I should give the IRON Mafia welcome.

OMGUS!!

VOTE: Robert2424

OMGUS!!
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Oh cool. I'm alive.

VOTE FINSTER

The guy has been playing in a lot of recent games.
You are the one who vanished, lol
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

I dunno where everyone else got them, but if you scroll through the JOAT^2 tournaments on the actual mafiascum forums you probably could find their numbers

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:

I dunno where everyone else got them, but if you scroll through the JOAT^2 tournaments on the actual mafiascum forums you probably could find their numbers

To be honest I wasn’t even gonna read, just seeing if all the statisticians would back them up with links lol.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ghaws

ghaws

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:623989
  • Discord ID:ghaws#5119

i guess i have to take the word and their numbers seem to be about right so i would continue with the no lynch movement which is going in here

I am sure i will not be able to speak with experience in these mafia games as i am new in here but what i can say for a certainty is how much i like to read into people and seeing brewers take a no lynch shows to me that it is in fact important and i do not see any advantage to the scum with a no lynch it seems logical to go for a no lynch 

Vote : No lynch               

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
So 11 times out of 11 experienced players choose to lynch, but we're smarter than those noobs and well go no lynch route, is that right?

What do we expect to do tomorrow after todays no lynch? Our joats are no cops. To the contrary, they are very likely to find nothing at all.

Secondly no lynch saves us a guy but does not give us additional day ( wed need two no lynch days for that), so it acctualy give us one less wagon to analyze and robs us of opportunity to eliminate notorious lurkers that will be a pain during upcoming days.

Vote Rafay

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

So 11 times out of 11 experienced players choose to lynch, but we're smarter than those noobs and well go no lynch route, is that right?

What do we expect to do tomorrow after todays no lynch? Our joats are no cops. To the contrary, they are very likely to find nothing at all.

Secondly no lynch saves us a guy but does not give us additional day ( wed need two no lynch days for that), so it acctualy give us one less wagon to analyze and robs us of opportunity to eliminate notorious lurkers that will be a pain during upcoming days.

Vote Rafay

And 8 of those 11 times scum won. And town only won two times. So we can try exactly what they did 11 times that lead to overwhelming scum victories or we can try to change the strategy.

I think 11 games is enough evidence to suggest it is a failed strategy.
Unless you think our town players are talented enough to overcome scum even tho they couldn't do it in the ship

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Damn..everyone is a mathematician at this point

Sir 11 data points are not stastistically significant

Also we are not that expert

But I also advocate for no lynch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:

Vote brewers

we have different minds here and we need to use different strategies. You need to stop bamboozling us with statistics. You are scum and lying. You are evil. You should be lynched.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

And 8 of those 11 times scum won. And town only won two times. So we can try exactly what they did 11 times that lead to overwhelming scum victories or we can try to change the strategy.

I think 11 games is enough evidence to suggest it is a failed strategy. Unless you think our town players are talented enough to overcome scum even tho they couldn't do it in the ship

But does it mean that lynch strategy is bad, or maybe that the setup is hard for town?
Did you consider, that possibly in all of those plays they didnt switch from lynch, not because they were bad players, but because they knew no lynch would lead to even worse outcome?

Tell me what should we do tomorrow and how todays no lynch will help us with that?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, 15 players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter