Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BA-10] Election Mafia - Town Wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
516 replies to this topic

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

If the Electoral College is eliminated at any time, a new player will assume the role at random.

So basically that's what i need to do, huh?
Hmm, interesting.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
Let's see who trusts lilywad.
ABT - kinda
Finster - nope
KevinH - nah
LWW - self
Lord MK - not if it's the end of the world
Lyner - It's limey, more likely to choose one of the psychos
Rafay - Not sure
Robert - Nope
TW - Possible
Tony - definitely
Torres - Iffy
Velocity - fanboy of lilywad
Wolfpacks - no

So it's either tony, Torres, velocity or TW.

That's a bad situation.
So while tw would be good.
The rest won't be.

vote: Torres
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain that?

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

ABT - kinda
Finster - nope
KevinH - nah
LWW - self
Rafay - Not sure
Robert - Nope
TW - Possible
Tony - definitely
Torres - Iffy
Wolfpacks - no

That's a bad situation.
The rest won't be.

Most of this is fair except Rafay. The only reason he isn't saying I should vote for myself is because he's got a bigger beef with Finster going, there's no chance he'd ever pick me.

That being said, why would we try to out the EC? It seems like the opposite strategy we should be taking since they're part of town. If you're nervous about their strategy of who they're picking as electors then maybe we can come up with a better way of picking them going forward, but it seems like you're saying we should try to lynch them and hope it ends up with someone "better" next time, whatever that would even mean.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

ABT - kinda
Finster - nope
KevinH - nah
LWW - self
Rafay - Not sure
Robert - Nope
TW - Possible
Tony - definitely
Torres - Iffy
Wolfpacks - no

That's a bad situation.
The rest won't be.

Most of this is fair except Rafay. The only reason he isn't saying I should vote for myself is because he's got a bigger beef with Finster going, there's no chance he'd ever pick me.

That being said, why would we try to out the EC? It seems like the opposite strategy we should be taking since they're part of town. If you're nervous about their strategy of who they're picking as electors then maybe we can come up with a better way of picking them going forward, but it seems like you're saying we should try to lynch them and hope it ends up with someone "better" next time, whatever that would even mean.

He means that he wouldn’t want me or Torres to be the EC. Or just anybody that wouldn’t “make a good choice.” It could have been a tactic that the EC chose to pick you, to mislead the scum. We can’t know until the EC is revealed, if they are at all.

As far as MK goes saying I’m a fanboy of lww, I’m not sure how he reached that conclusion. My relationship with lww outside of mafia is separate from my mafia relationship with him. I don’t think he’s a great player, nor a bad one.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
lww would be a safe choice for many players. Your own list of players who trust or don’t trust lww, most of them are on the fence on it they trust him or not, it would be a safe bet that he wouldn’t target anybody specifically, and it wouldn’t be easy to suss out who does or doesn’t trust him. The EC (if they were smart about it) wouldn’t pick somebody obvious, they’d purposely leave it vague.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain that?

Most probably he's wondering who has chosen LWW for to be Elector today. 

First Elector could as well have been chosen by Brewers random roll (since there was no N0 phase). And if it was chosen by EC it was a good choice, since LWW is a rational player (assuming he's town ... but that's the unavoidable risk and also something that we can alleviate if we follow the rules). 

We need our Electors to be people that are at least somewhat active and predictable (so for example giving Elector powers to Tony or Torres gambling with towns fate ). 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
That makes more sense. I guess I missed that.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Who are these psychos  :o

Why should we speculate on who's the electoral college instead of the guy RC-ing by himself right now? Any disadvantage of that?

@brewers I assume Popular Candidate cannot be the Electoral College, but can be selected as Elector?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

@MK I do trust LWW. Hes already said that he'll respect the voter's wishes.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

That sets a good precedent for the rest of the game

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

That sets a good precedent for the rest of the game

HE SPEAK! HE SPEAK!

Where have you BEEN??

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
We need our EC to be someone responsible.
Cause i don't want them giving out the elector role left and right to Torres and Tony.

If everyone thinks that the EC is a good one, then i guess it would also work if we just suggest a list of favourable electors before day end.

Who are these psychos :o

Why should we speculate on who's the electoral college instead of the guy RC-ing by himself right now? Any disadvantage of that?

@brewers I assume Popular Candidate cannot be the Electoral College, but can be selected as Elector?

You know who they are.

Who's RCing?

lww would be a safe choice for many players.

And you still expect me to think you are not a fanboy?

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
[quote name="Lyner" post="1021447" timestamp="1604453834"][quote name="Lord MK" post="1021437" timestamp="1604441378"]

@brewers I assume Popular Candidate cannot be the Electoral College, but can be selected as Elector?[/quote]

Yes he can ( at least untill other Elector tries to lynch him). And this way there are no safe targets for mafia. Whomever they target theres always risk of hitting PC and dying.
Thats why, even though EC is a confirmed town ( and in case od death EC will go to other townie, unless brewers decide he's giving autowin to mafia) he should not RC ( bar the event when he's about to be lynched). Otherwise he'll set himself up for a safe mafia kill (as hes the only person that cannot be PC)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:

We need our EC to be someone responsible.
Cause i don't want them giving out the elector role left and right to Torres and Tony.

If everyone thinks that the EC is a good one, then i guess it would also work if we just suggest a list of favourable electors before day end.

Who are these psychos :o

You know who they are.

Who's RCing?

lww would be a safe choice for many players.

And you still expect me to think you are not a fanboy?

Let me read this correctly.

I say lww is a safe choice for many players, and AbT agrees with my observation, so I’m a fanboy and abt isn’t? A few people here have already agreed that lww was a reasonable choice for anyone to make as the elector. You said I was a fanboy of nadarr too when I hadn’t interacted with her almost whatsoever, so I don’t know what your cut is with me and trying to link me to somebody else :P

Also, you’re trying to actively hunt out a confirmed town to get them killed or lynched for your own personal opinions on players?
That’s the kind of stuff that discourages people from playing (except Rafay who never stops), and it’s also counterproductive to the town.
There are no investigative roles, no one EC can really know more than another, it’s just reads, and I doubt anyone here except for tony or Torres would give the elector role to tony or Torres.

• Velocity   

Finster Baby

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Although you guys are having some very helpful discourse, I think that Tony and I are best suited to be the EC! I know that I, personally, make the most level-headed decisions out of everyone who plays mafia here.

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

@lww will you kill yourself if we all agree to lynch you?

Yes he can ( at least untill other Elector tries to lynch him). And this way there are no safe targets for mafia. Whomever they target theres always risk of hitting PC and dying.
Thats why, even though EC is a confirmed town ( and in case od death EC will go to other townie, unless brewers decide he's giving autowin to mafia) he should not RC ( bar the event when he's about to be lynched). Otherwise he'll set himself up for a safe mafia kill (as hes the only person that cannot be PC)

Alright so the best strategy here to let sensible EC to survive as long as possible, so he can pick the most sensible Elector

Unless there are some hidden rules

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Alright so the best strategy here to let sensible EC to survive as long as possible, so he can pick the most sensible Elector  

So you're asking the EC to come out?

Can it be done?  He has said to honor our choice for lynch.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

I don't even know if that's allowed, and I'd rather not try to find out lol.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I think the best play would be to for Elector to always lynch players with the most votes.

The spirit of the Electoral College is that some votes count more than others.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter