Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Files

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Anyone use to watch this show?  I know it was big back when I was growing up, but I never got into it.  I have to admit though, the new X-Files premiered after something I was watching, and it captivated me where I actually stayed up later then I usually do and watched it.  I kind of got hooked on it.  I know it's only a 6 episode event (not sure if there is more to come), but it's intrigued me enough to keep watching.  I imagine more seasons will come, as I heard at least the 2 night premiere was a huge hit.  I never watched it prior to this, so there are some things they flash back on that I don't know about, but I like.  Never thought I'd get into a show about Aliens tbh

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

I didnt know they rebooted it. I will need to look for it.

Was a big big fan of the original show. The first few seasons were awesome. I would rank them very high even compared to some of the most recent hit tv series'. It got kinda boring after season 5 or so though. If you are interested you might want to at least give Season 1 of the orginal show a try. It was pretty good. I actually had all the seasons saved up in my old EHD, but lost em all when the drive went kaput. meh.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dagonslayer51

dagonslayer51

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,801 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582405
  • Souls Baptized:374,667
  • Squadron:Delta

I just started watching the original series in netflix. It is awesome

dagonslayer51, proud member of IRON

War Statistics: 18 offensive wars

Oculus-MI6 War: 17 offensive wars
19 Nukes eaten for IRON

First nuke eaten on 11/4/2015 4:12:41 PM

"War, war never changes"

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

murphpk

murphpk

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,648 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:223316
  • Souls Baptized:3,094,649
  • Squadron:Kilo

Rhizo. i grew up on the old series and have seen the 1st 2 episodes of the new series. loving it, when i was younger i had a thing for Gillian Anderson. mind you, still do, she has aged well.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

I didnt know they rebooted it. I will need to look for it.

Was a big big fan of the original show. The first few seasons were awesome. I would rank them very high even compared to some of the most recent hit tv series'. It got kinda boring after season 5 or so though. If you are interested you might want to at least give Season 1 of the orginal show a try. It was pretty good. I actually had all the seasons saved up in my old EHD, but lost em all when the drive went kaput. meh.

I just started watching the original series in netflix. It is awesome

Rhizo. i grew up on the old series and have seen the 1st 2 episodes of the new series. loving it, when i was younger i had a thing for Gillian Anderson. mind you, still do, she has aged well.

I may have to go back and start watching the original seasons on netflix then.  My wife said she use to watch it, it's likely a show that was great that I didn't get into back when I was younger (Seinfeld is another popular show I never got into until later).  If it was captivating as some of these episodes, I imagine I'll get hooked.

The recent 6 episode reboot was enjoyable for me.  That being said, they seemed to leave off the last epsiode of the season more on a final note rather then hint at future episodes.  There was no cliffhanger or reason to think they will make more, which dissappoints me.  It seems like this might be like fox did with 24 when they brought it back one more time and that was it.  (They're doing another 24, but not with Jack)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Nevermind my earlier comment, I guess I thought it was episode 6 of this series last week.  Seems there was one last night, so I'll be watching it this evening (always DVR and watch shows next day, hate commercials).

I haven't read any spoilers about it, other then I've heard it does leave the final episode off with a big cliffhanger, so hopefully that means more to come

Creator Chris Carter told The Hollywood Reporter, "The X-Files traditionally ended with a cliffhanger, and we didn't want to do anything different.

"This just happens to be a very big cliffhanger," he said. "I have an idea of where the story goes."

And fans can take heart, as Carter said Fox wants more episodes of the show. It's just a matter of when.

"Right now I've got another project that I want to do first," he said. "So, for me, it's just a matter of trying to do (The X-Files) when it makes sense and not try to shoehorn something or hit a schedule."

Star David Duchovny had some sage Mulder-type words for fans, tweeting, "In X files, as in life, seems the more answers we get, the more questions we have. Agree? Happy season finale, thanks for being there 2moro."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

So the last episode of the new 6 episode ended a week or so ago.  I was impressed, it left off with a huge cliffhanger which makes it seem that there will have to be more episodes to come which I am happy to see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I never really watched the last series, but I was impressed with the new one, well maybe not episode 5, that was a little far fetched, but maybe I'll try and watch the old ones now

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users