Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Non CN graphics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:445292
  • Squadron:Delta
Hey Guys,

The person behind TerrorChrist, who is the Envoy for the Chosen People High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and all the Lands of Holy Promised Land, is involved in a literature-blog. In short: an evergrowing website with reviews of books he (and some others) have read.

The site has become quite popular in the niche, and has now reached a point where the advertising revenues actually pay for the hosting (yay). Publishers now also find us for sponsored contests and such. So that is awesome.
In our latest contest, we've asked our visitors a question: how to make the site even better.

To our surprise, quite a few people have said that, roughly translated, our logo sucks.

So... I am looking for someone who's great with images to help us by designing a new logo. We could also use some advertisements based on the logo, as well as some banners to lead people to the "Join the effort" and "contest" pages, and such. But those are of secondary importance right now.

Would anyone here be interested in taking this challenge?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
On leave for an undetermined period, to have my Faith tested link
LOOKING FOR ONE 1-on-1 TECH PARTNER (WE ARE SELLING).

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land
Posted Image Posted Image
Tech sold: 750 (+250 non-E-I-E-O approved) *** E-I-E-I-O-score: 44 (link)
Battles fought: 0 *** Victory: 0 *** Loss: 0 *** Draw: 0
Nukes taken: 0

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Behold, the glory of our Holy Warriors!!
Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

Komodo

Komodo

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 65 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:441716
I hardly think I could make something that looks decent enough, but if you wrote the details that would be sweet - I could always give it a shot :)

Posted Image

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

I hardly think I could make something that looks decent enough, but if you wrote the details that would be sweet - I could always give it a shot :)

:smug:

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Indeed
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Komodo

Komodo

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 65 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:441716

:smug:

I see what you did there!

Posted Image

SeipherCaim

SeipherCaim

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 107 posts
  • Resources:
I could always lend a hand in designing new logo and banner...
Posted Image
Posted Image

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
The site is

www.lekkerlezen.net

Get a feel for the template.

Target audience: book lovers
Desired atmosphere: relaxed, calm, informative

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
Do you guys enjoy novels from Anthony Horowitz? Namely Alex Rider & Power of Five?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
Can't say I read anything of him... what kind of books are they?
Description sounds a bit like spy kids :)

Bi-lateral treaties

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
Yeah Alex Rider is something like Spy Kids.

Power of Five is just mind boggling.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeipherCaim

SeipherCaim

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 107 posts
  • Resources:
Posted Image

Here is my attempt... Let me explain it...
The logo is a book cover with the 2 blue tones used in your template... dark and light blue...
2 transparent "L" can be seen on each cover on the book to remind the Lekker Lezen...

For the text, I used with a color gradient (from light to dark blue) the first transparent "L" for shape and color unity... the font is calibri, a rather common one but fancy font are sometimes dull and/or requires payment for commercial use...

theme relax and calm (blue and sweet shapes, no sharp edges), informative (the logo IS a book ;))

That goes without saying, this logo was completely done by me (no copyright on anything to avoid you future complex interaction with copyright lawyer ;))

Hope you and your friends will like it and I'm ready to change whatever you think may require to be changed, should the original design please you ;)

Edited by SeipherCaim, 29 March 2011 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

SeipherCaim

SeipherCaim

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 107 posts
  • Resources:
Here is what it would look like :

Posted Image

And of course, I would provide differents files with logo and text separately ;)

I just forgot to say that ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
Love the basic concept. Sending you a pm.

Bi-lateral treaties

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Hooch

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,520 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265174

Yeah Alex Rider is something like Spy Kids.

Power of Five is just mind boggling.

Sorry for going off track....

LOL samus talking about Alex Rider as if its literary genius, go read the Millenium Trilogy, now thats a very mind boggling read. Then I have about 10 other books to recommend :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
SCORPIA RISING COMES OUT TOMMORROWWW

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
Behold the awesomeness of our new logo. Or better, observe it in its natural habitat.

Bi-lateral treaties

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
I would like to remark that the majority of visitors greatly approves of the new logo. Enthusiasm is even the highest with our hardcore audience :) Excellent job SeipherCaim!

Bi-lateral treaties

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users