Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mafia: Team Fortress 2 Style

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Mdowns

Mdowns

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 561 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:467444
  • Squadron:Delta
Interested in being an alt if some people drop.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo
I'll become an alternate to let someone else play.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tracker

Tracker

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 435 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:462571
Due to computer troubles (it blue screen-ed on me and has to go to the shop for hardware replacement) and a wave of work, I'm delaying the start of the game for a little while. I'll keep you guys posted as I know more.

As KevinH steps down, are Electric Mango or Mdowns interested in replacing him? Please get back to me if you are.

And just so that I can say I'm not entirely delaying the game, here are the rules.

The Basic Rules

• Each typical Mafia game 'day' is referred to as one ‘round’ of the game.
  • There are at most 12 rounds in the game.
  • Each round lasts 120 hours (5 days).
  • There is no voting or lynching in this game. Instead, you’ll have to kill your hunches yourself.
  • Team BLU fills the traditional town role, while Team RED fills the traditional Mafia role.
  • Each player has a certain amount of health. When all of his or her health is removed, that player dies.
  • At the beginning of each round, all living players are returned to full health.
  • If no players died in the previous round, all players start with a number of DAMAGE automatically inflicted to them equal to the number of consecutive rounds that no player died.
  • All players will have the same Basic Actions and a few select Class Actions. Basic Actions everyone has access to, while the Class Actions are usable only by you and are unknown to everyone else.
  • At the beginning of each round, you must choose an option for your primary and secondary slot items. Your Class Actions will be determined by what items you select, so choose carefully. You will not be able to change your slot selections until the beginning of the next round.
  • Each Class Action will have a certain amount of ammo associated with it. You may use the action(s) this round a number of times equal to the action’s ammo. Note that ammo is not interchangeable between powers, and will refill at the beginning of every round.
  • Each player may take 5 actions a round. These actions may be any combination of your available actions, but you may not target the same player with the same action more than once a round.
  • PM ALL ACTION USES TO ME! Even if an action is Public, PM it to me. This is for your own protection.
  • When an action is used, the role of the player taking the action, the target player’s name, and the end effect of the action are revealed. For example, if Player D (the Pyro) shoots Player C (the Heavy) with a shotgun, the announcement would read…

The Pyro shot Player C, and Player C took 2 GUN DAMAGE!
  • If an action is preceded by ‘(Secret)’, then undertaking the action does not reveal that the action occurred, who perpetrated it, or against whom.
  • If an action states that it cannot be taken twice in a row, this means that you must perform an alternate action before you can take the first action for a second time this round.
  • You may only take one action every twelve hours. However, you may preset your next action(s) by telling me what your next actions will be when twelve hours passes.
  • Actions will be resolved in the order received. They will be processed in 12 hour periods.
  • At the end of each round, Team RED may resolve up to one unused action per RED team member. All actions used in this manner will be announced even if secret, but no information about who performed the action is revealed. So using the same situation as above…

A Player on Team RED shot Player C, and Player C took 2 GUN DAMAGE!
  • Team BLU wins if the bomb reaches the final terminus (at the end of Round 12) or if all members of Team RED are dead.
  • Team RED wins if Team BLU has a number of living players equal to or less than the number of living players on Team RED.

The Basic Actions

• (Secret) CONSULT THE ADMINISTRATOR: You HEAL 1 health. Then name one of the nine classes in the game. After the current round, you will be told all the possible Class Abilities of that class. You may use this action multiple times a round but not twice in a row.
  • (Secret) DODGE: You take half DAMAGE from the next attack made against you before you take your next action. If rounding must be involved, a Random Number Generator will determine if the damage is rounded up or rounded down.
  • MELEE ATTACK: Deal 1 MELEE DAMAGE to target player. Your next action cannot be CONSULT THE ADMINISTRATOR.
  • RECKLESS ABANDON: Deal 3 MELEE DAMAGE to yourself. Then GAIN 2 actions.
  • (Secret) SEND A MESSAGE: Choose a target player. You may send a private message to that player consisting of no more than 250 characters.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mdowns

Mdowns

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 561 posts
  • Resources:
Ill replace him

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tracker

Tracker

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 435 posts
  • Resources:

Ill replace him

Between moving and then my computer breaking I didn't notice that I had missed d3mon in his signup. I am unfortunately bound to give the slot to him as he signed up first. However, I did make the offer. If you would like then I will expand the game to 10 players to accommodate you. However, the game's sweet spot is 9 players; it's your choice.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mdowns

Mdowns

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 561 posts
  • Resources:
ill wait for another game its not a problem

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

Between moving and then my computer breaking I didn't notice that I had missed d3mon in his signup. I am unfortunately bound to give the slot to him as he signed up first. However, I did make the offer. If you would like then I will expand the game to 10 players to accommodate you. However, the game's sweet spot is 9 players; it's your choice.

Dont worry bout me.. Mdowns should have his first game.. I will wait for someone else to drop out :)
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 537 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:482609
I'm going to have to drop out of this round of Mafia - I'm getting pretty busy in RL at work.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tracker

Tracker

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 435 posts
  • Resources:
Hello all!

Just an update from me. And no, I'm not dead. For a little over two weeks now I've had my computer in the shop being repaired (faulty hardware, fun fun). This is turn severely limited my ability to access the internet, and as such it would have been ludicrous for me to assume I could run a Mafia game during that time. I have my computer back now, so expect this to start progressing once again in under a week.

Sincerely,
Tracker
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
*bump**cough*

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tracker

Tracker

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 435 posts
  • Resources:
Shush you! Don't rush the Administrator! :tinfoil:

In all seriousness, you have given me the perfect excuse opportunity to bring this up. I'll be doling out the Class assignments late Thursday night / Friday morning, so if I haven't received your choices by then I'll just be giving you whatever is left. And I'm serious about the deadline this time; it won't be moved unless I'm in the hospital.

Wait... now I'm going to end up in the hospital. Damn it! :axehead:
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
  • Squadron:Kilo
Before the game starts maybe all the players should check in first
as it's possible that those who signed up are uninterested now
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
you can assign me with whatever. i don't have any particular preferences.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FightingOkra

FightingOkra

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 491 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:465973
checking in
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mdowns

Mdowns

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 561 posts
  • Resources:
I am also still here and ready to play

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
Still here..
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

reign of terror

reign of terror

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,219 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:455330
  • Souls Baptized:196,252
here :axe:

Posted Image

Wars Fought

NpO x16
VE x4

Sparta x4
CCC x3
UPN x3
TLR x3

LSF x1

Posted Image10 Nukes Eaten Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468658
Signing in

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tracker

Tracker

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 435 posts
  • Resources:
6/9 So far. If the others don't check in then I may start shuffling the non-checked in and the alternates.

Edit: 7/9. Ninja Beebs! :ph34r:

Edited by Tracker, 22 September 2011 - 09:20 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468658

6/9 So far. If the others don't check in then I may start shuffling the non-checked in and the alternates.

Edit: 7/9. Ninja Beebs! :ph34r:

I clicked reply to say something before your edit, and your edit showed up in my edit. You're the ninja, you ninja.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter