Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The War Z

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:073719
  • Souls Baptized:7,236,060
  • Squadron:Kilo
http://thewarz.com/

Ive been playing since november when it was in alpha test. It has the attraction of surviving, not just spawning with 4 weapons and going rambo, youve to think and coordinate with your friends. This game has a lot of potential (Hackers have been vastly removed recently, id say 99,9%) and new features will be added (Zombie animations, better AI, missions, cars, new maps) . Right naw it is really far of perfection, but developers are heading on the right path.

Id recommend this game in the next scenarios:
- You got 15$ to spare
- You love zombie stuff (movies, comics, books...)
- You love shooter / survival
. You got someone to play with (You can still play solo, but the game shines with friends, just 2-4 guys is amazing)
- You got a nice pc (Game its not fully optimized, so FPS may fall dawn on old pcs / laptops)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UwpLOVTjLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqI2bVg7P0s

Other zombie MMO is Day Z.
IMO the physic is more realistic, but the War Z way of using weapons and attachng stuff is better, as well as the scenary and the gameplay.
http://dayzmod.com/

Ivent tested it. I decided to get War Z because it had less system requirements, and its a fully game, not just a mod of Arma II. Anyway in the near future they will develop a full Dayz.

If someone has questions or needs starter tips i will be glad helping any IRON mate

Edited by mArKnationzGz, 21 January 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Posted Image
******************* PROUD SON OF THE NAAC *********************
Posted Image
3,177,967 Attacking + 4,023,598 Defending = 7,201,565 Casualties

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630
I started playing this a little while back, it still has a lot of improvements needed but its getting better. I mostly just get tired of server hopping tards who shoot everyone on site. I'm not opposed to the player killing just when the same assholes jump from server to server taking good items and killing people that are playing for real. Other than that I say i enjoy it, more so when I find another person to run around with.

I haven't played DayZ because I don't want to pay for Arma2 and its add-on at the moment just to not play a different game. I am looking forward to the DayZ standalone though.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
If you ever want another survivor to run with let me know. I don't play that often but I have a couple pieces of useful gear I can go scavenging with

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
I played War Z when the Alpha began and only stuck with it for a couple days. They probably fixed most of the bugs but I hated how everyone shot on sight. Most players don't feel the need to spare someone's life if they think they can outgun you.

I would like to pick the game up again at some point. Maybe we can get a couple IRON members to start a group going.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Once they finally start private server rentals then I'll really start playing but until then im just mostly grabbing gear and stashing it in my global inventory

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Once they finally start private server rentals then I'll really start playing but until then im just mostly grabbing gear and stashing it in my global inventory

They ever do that Global Inventory reset yet?

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:

They ever do that Global Inventory reset yet?

They did one sometime in nov or dec if i recall

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

They did one sometime in nov or dec if i recall

Ok, I was waiting to start playing again until after they did the wipe. They change any of the % of finding good equipment or is that all still the same?

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
I haven't really played recently but in once of the recent patches they said they lowered some of the guns spawn rates to make them more rare. They also said they added gear to some areas. Most of the recent patches have been fixes to rendering and general bug/performance improvements.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I haven't really played recently but in once of the recent patches they said they lowered some of the guns spawn rates to make them more rare. They also said they added gear to some areas. Most of the recent patches have been fixes to rendering and general bug/performance improvements.

Thats cool, I'm glad they made guns rare. I'll have to play it next week. Maybe we could try and meet up at some point.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:

Thats cool, I'm glad they made guns rare. I'll have to play it next week. Maybe we could try and meet up at some point.

Ya sure, Tuesdays and Thursdays work best for me.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Ya sure, Tuesdays and Thursdays work best for me.

Tuesdays are good for me. Like morning and early afternoon EST. Maybe first week of Feb we could try playing.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
Alright sounds good, just send me a PM a day or two before.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:073719
  • Souls Baptized:7,236,060
I can join you after Feb 14th or so, after my exams!

They "fixed" server hopping! You just get teleported to a random spawn if you try to switch to a different server if you havent been ther for 10 min. I think spawn camping will increase. Last week we hunted a group of spawn campers ^^.

The most rare stuff ive is blasser sniper, night vision, Sig sauer p226 pistol, Sig sauer 556, B93r,
Got plenty of m4 semi, m16, AA12, Moossberg, double barrel.
Some AKM, AK74mme m4, mp5

They decreased the military weapons loot, and increased the kruger loot, both pistols and riffles. As well Alice and Military backpack got increased. In the other weight has been adjusted for all backbacks and naw you cant carry a lot of stuff.

There are still some hackers, found like 2 in 1 month, mostly with ESP (to know where are the guns and the players)
Posted Image
******************* PROUD SON OF THE NAAC *********************
Posted Image
3,177,967 Attacking + 4,023,598 Defending = 7,201,565 Casualties

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Anyone here still interested in playing? I got my computer rig back up and running and would like to trying playing the game again. Perhaps we could coordinate a time and all jump on?

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:

Thursdays or Saturdays are best for me

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Thursday would work for me this week. I'm free anytime between 7:00 AM- 4:00PM EST.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:

Okay well why don't we aim for Thursday at 11AM EST?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Sounds good for me. I have to admit though my character has nothing. Haven't touched the game in months.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:

Sounds good for me. I have to admit though my character has nothing. Haven't touched the game in months.

I can throw you some gear, no worries

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users