Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PROUD MEN!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Riptide

Riptide

The Glowing One

• BR|Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468521
  • Souls Baptized:6,227,976
  • Squadron:Kilo

There are a lot of things that us men do that are just plain awesome. We are without doubt cool as f-ck, and it’s things like these that reinforce this in our own heads.

- HAVING A THIN BIT OF WOOD - in the shed, solely to stir paint with. If you don’t have one of these, get one asap. And some paint to stir. The piece of wood must always have paint to about halfway up it from the last time you used it.

- KNOWING WHICH SCREWDRIVER IS WHICH - “A Phillips? For that? Are you mad?” And intuitively knowing which way to turn when using a screwdriver, wrench or any other tool.

- HAVING EARNED THAT PINT - Since the dawn of time, men have toiled in the fields in blistering heat. Why? So, when it’s over we can stand there in silence, surveying our work with one hand resting on the beer gut while the other nurses a foaming jug of ale. Aaaah.

- OPENING JARS - She’s struggling. You take it from her hands, open it effortlessly and pretend she loosened it for you. She didn’t. Jars are men’s work.

- CALLING SOMEONE ‘SON’ - Especially policemen but even saying it to kids makes you the man. Or “boy”, that works too.

- SHARPENING A PENCIL WITH A STANLEY KNIFE - Blunt, is it? Hand it here love. No, I don’t need a sharpener, I’ve got a knife…

- DRINKING UP - Specifically, rising from the table, slinging your coat on and downing two thirds of a pint in one fluid movement. Then nodding towards the door, saying, “Let’s go” and striding out while everyone else struggles to catch up with you. You’re hard.

- HAVING A HANGOVER AND THICK STUBBLE - When birds have been partying they just whinge. You on the other hand have physical evidence of your hardness, sprouting from your face. “Big night?” Grr, what does it look like.

- HAVING A SCAR - Ideally it’ll be a facial knife wound, but even an iron burn on the wrist is good. “Ooh, did it hurt?”… “Nah”.

- NODDING AT COPPERS - A moment’s eye contact is all it takes for you to share the unspoken bond. “We’ve not seen eye to eye in the past”, it says, “but someone’s got to keep the kids in line”.

- USING POWER TOOLS - Slightly more powerful than you need or can safely handle. And examining the contents of another man’s shed, knowing that your power tools are both bigger and better.

- ARRIVING IN A PUB LATE - And everyone cheers you. It doesn’t mean you’re popular, it just means your mates are pissed. However, the rest of the pub doesn’t know that.

- NOT WATCHING YOUR WEIGHT - Fat is a feminist issue, apparently.

- WINKING - Turns women to putty. Doesn’t it?

- HAVING SOMETHING PROPERLY WRONG WITH YOU - Especially if you didn’t make a fuss. “Why was I off? Nothing much, just a brain haemorrhage”.

- PARALLEL PARKING - Bosh, straight in. First time. Can Schumacher do that? No, because his car’s got no reverse gear which, technically, makes you the worlds best driver.

FOCUS - Add to the list....

Edited by Riptide, 02 April 2013 - 03:48 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT FOR FAME OR REWARD
NOT FOR PLACE OR FOR RANK
NOT FOR LURED BY AMBITION OR GOADED BY NECESSITY
BUT IN SIMPLE - OBEDIENCE TO DUTY.

"Learn it right and you will do it right the rest of your life, learn it wrong and you will spend the rest of your life trying to get it right; and in battle, you meatheads that get it wrong, the rest of your life will be very short."

Sergeant Steve Prazenka - 28th Infantry Division - "The Bloody Bucket Division" - WWII

===

HangTen War of Destruction Stats:
Nations Fought: 102 (GPA: 1; LSF: 4; NpO: 23; OcUK: 1; Rogue: 2; Sparta: 23; STA: 10, TLR: 8; TOP: 4; VE: 12; NADC: 1; NG: 2; Mongols: 1;Nordreich: 4; FAN: 6; TIO: 1)
Offensive: 88; Defensive: 14

*Nuke taken and Nuke Launched...Lost count, let's just say I didn't earn my nickname, 'The Glowing One' without taken or launched a ship load of nukes...

Current campaign stats - 18 wars; 17 offensive; 1 defensive -

===

***NOTHING CHANGES UNTIL YOU DO...***

===

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Riptide

Riptide

The Glowing One

• BR|Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468521
  • Souls Baptized:6,227,976

Where are all the men in this forum???

- Helping a woman (or anyone, for that matter) with a stalled car in an intersection. You can just see the testosterone roll off a man in waves afterwards.

- Killing your own food - If you routinely bring your neighbors and friends venison you've shot or fish you've harpooned/hooked.  You're studs.

- Oh yeah, Not knowing the difference between various colors - I recognize all primary and basic colors, that is all. Any variation of
white is still white. What the heck is Mauve? Is that a color?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT FOR FAME OR REWARD
NOT FOR PLACE OR FOR RANK
NOT FOR LURED BY AMBITION OR GOADED BY NECESSITY
BUT IN SIMPLE - OBEDIENCE TO DUTY.

"Learn it right and you will do it right the rest of your life, learn it wrong and you will spend the rest of your life trying to get it right; and in battle, you meatheads that get it wrong, the rest of your life will be very short."

Sergeant Steve Prazenka - 28th Infantry Division - "The Bloody Bucket Division" - WWII

===

HangTen War of Destruction Stats:
Nations Fought: 102 (GPA: 1; LSF: 4; NpO: 23; OcUK: 1; Rogue: 2; Sparta: 23; STA: 10, TLR: 8; TOP: 4; VE: 12; NADC: 1; NG: 2; Mongols: 1;Nordreich: 4; FAN: 6; TIO: 1)
Offensive: 88; Defensive: 14

*Nuke taken and Nuke Launched...Lost count, let's just say I didn't earn my nickname, 'The Glowing One' without taken or launched a ship load of nukes...

Current campaign stats - 18 wars; 17 offensive; 1 defensive -

===

***NOTHING CHANGES UNTIL YOU DO...***

===

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Anaxphone

Anaxphone

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,235 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:265172

I scoff at your gender normative assumptions.

Anaxphone of

Posted Image

Calderone: We do have an opening for aspiring tyrant. :P
Mia: Aspiring? Not good enough.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Elendil

Elendil

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,001 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468584
  • Souls Baptized:593,208
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Knowing how stuff works, cars, computers whatever.

I know there are a *few* women who know a spark-plug from a drain-plug but they are always a surprise.

Only machinery it's not manly to know - a sewing machine.

I promise you nothing but blood, sweat, tears and maybe a nice hot cuppa.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

Know how to keep someone alive who's had a limb blown off.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter