Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TV Cliches that happen (or don't happen when they should) to you

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

So today my Girlfriend is heading off to the otherside of the country and goes to the railway station. 20 minutes before her train I get a phone call saying her computer (with vital revision notes) is at home and needs taking to her. So I grab my bike and set off. And I really go for it. 3 1/2 miles. Flat out. Over hill and through tunnel. 

Every read light. Every slow car. deaf old ladies in the middle of the road. Everything that can slow a person down. But I battle on. I hurtle at unsafe speeds down hills. I pull a definitely illegal maneuver and get sworn at for my trouble before cycling through the doors of the station building and onto the platform. 

To get the glorious image of the 12:00 express to London drawing sedately out of the station and rolling away into the distance. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Squadron:Kilo
  • Discord ID:Blade
Ouch... Where's she studying? London?

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

No, she was going home to visit parents. But you know, every railway in the United Kingdom pretty much has London at one end. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wu Ming

Wu Ming

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 152 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:454116
Why not send it to her through the internet? Also, if it's not super sensitive information, I like to keep documents on Box.net or Evernote and so on.
LO
VE

mess with the best die like the rest

aka Austrailia

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
Yeah... I ended up having to scoot through London on the way back to uni (norwich) today. Was no fun in the tube!

I agree with Wu Ming (our friend from VE... Dropbox?

40973-detailed.png

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Nah I emailed the files. Would have been more convenient to succeed. 

And guess who also studies in Norwich?

Although this thread

http://ironcentral.org/community/topic/36154-pictures-of-where-you-live/

and possibly this thread

http://ironcentral.org/community/topic/38362-1000-posts/

(depending how often you frequent gay nightclubs/watch UEATV) 

should already have revealed that.

Edited by Icewolf, 12 April 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
I didn't recognise any of them! Though I do now recognise that one with the horses. The otter photo I posted is UEA otter ;). I never watch UEATV xD I also have never been to The Belfry etc...

Which year / course etc?

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Law, 4th year. 

​The pictures are all of Earlham Park and the area behind the University Village.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
wow... 4th year law at 20/21? Mighty impressive. I havn't really had excuse to venture down that neck of the woods, though I'm in threescore next year (Eaton this year) so will probably see more of it! Would be crazy if we'd been in the bar at the same time and never realised!

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Not that likely-I don't frequent Union bar much. I used to in first year, but then I became a bitter old man sulking about the 20% rise in beer cost over the last 4 years. I now am more likely to be found masquerading as a grad student upstairs (although the bartender up there is seriously scary :o)

2nd year I lived down off Earlham Road and with the Fat cat less than 5 minutes away I never saw reason to visit other establishments. 3rd year I was on Exchange year so it would have been a bit of a trek and then this year its the grad bar or treking down to the Fat cat. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
I'm yet to make it to the Fat Cat. It's certainly on my Norwich bucket list!

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Never made it to the Fat Cat....

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
I'm on year 2 of 5...I have ages :-P.

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Med Student? 

tbh, the Fat Cat is a place that is either your thing or it isn't. If it is not your thing you shouldn't bother and if it is it certainly shouldn't be a one time bucket list. It has no music, no games, not really enough seats and on its own would be nothing special. What it has is an amazing beer, cider and wine collection, and you go there and you drink, and you drink not to be drunk, but to savour the flavors and quality of the drink. And you are surrounded by others that do the same. I very much like it, not least because you can take your fish and chips from the Stafford Street Chip shop (the best in the city) and eat outside whilst you drink. 

Anyway...back to study...two exams left and then FREEEEEEDOOOOOM!!!!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
Yep... Med student. Currently having my brain liquidated in CD Annex... WHY GOD ...WHY?

That's why I want to go... my friends in CAMRA have recommended the visit on several times and I just have not yet found the time. I hadn't heard of that Chippy... I think I smell our next house take away!

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

At least you are not in Blackdale...that place sucks the hope out of you. I miss the days of class in Earlham hall (one of the last undergrads to remember them)...the daily risk of death certainly spiced up life. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
Haha... Most of the uea buildings depress me.

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

INTO is not too bad. Congregation hall is pretty cool for 3am nerf gun battles. Its a shame the Zombie LARP team moved to Reading. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users