Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who or what is Clara Oswald?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

So we are coming up to the season finale, and the question that still is not answered is who or what is Clara Oswald? 

Spoilers below

Unlike most Dr Who companions we know relatively little about her. Most companions at least have some form of backstory by this point. Yet we know almost nothing of the current Clara incarnation beyond the fact that she works as a nanny. 

So far she has appeared three times without history, once buried in the body of a dalek imprisoned in the Asylum (which may be in the future or the past as Dalek's are capable of time travel), once in Victorian London and once in current day London. 

I've been reading around a bit and there are a few theories that seem to crop up on fan pages. 

1) She is a family member of the Doctor. There are two avenues for this, one is she is related to the Doctor's Granddaughter, aka his original companion. The alternative is that she is related to his daughter that was accidentally cloned from him in his 10th incarnation. Given the destruction of Gallifery seems to occur in his timeline after his granddaughter disappears and he believed his clone daughter to have been killed, he probably wouldn't be on the look out for either of them. It would also tie in with the rest of the mildly incestuous events that seem to pop up in recent series; after all he has already had his mother in law try to seduce him. Or worse, she could be his own daughter, and one of the "spoilers" River Song cannot reveal. 

Against that though is

Spoiler
(spoiler contains last nights details)

2) She is a figment of the Doctor's imagination, and he has been driven mad by the loss of his last companions and/or the effort of the great intelligence (of whom little is known). Maybe he is still trapped in the Asylum with her as a final revenge of the Daleks? This is given some support by the fact that she has little personality (as some of my friends who hate her point out) that is not simply an extension of the Doctor himself. 

Any other ideas?

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043
  • Squadron:Kilo

I'm not a big fan of Doctor who but it certainly interested me ever since the episode where they had to fix time.

I rarely sees shows with this type of unknown with a main character and I like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
Gorgeous.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I suspect she's a Zorgon assassin.

Edited by ccabal86, 05 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Iron Helix

Iron Helix

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 956 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:039810
  • Souls Baptized:5,683,682

A series of clones seeded through time. Possibly done by the daleks.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

Has the episode with Tenant come on yet? 

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

no I think that will come later in the year.

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CommanderShepard

CommanderShepard

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 72 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:524987
  • Souls Baptized:577
That will be the 50th anniversary in November

Posted Image

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Tenant > 9th Doc > rest

>_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Tenant > 9th Doc > rest

>_>

Tenant > Eccleston > rest

edit: the 9th doctor is eccleston lol

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Tom Baker was fairly awesome.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CommanderShepard

CommanderShepard

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 72 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:524987
  • Souls Baptized:577
I never saw lf the Tom baker era but I've heard that he was one of the better ones. And if anyone didn't know, the guy who played radagast in the hobbit was Sylvester McCoy who was the 7th doctor

Posted Image

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Tenant > 9th Doc > rest

>_>

Tenant > Eccleston > rest

edit: the 9th doctor is eccleston lol

obligatory :angry:  <_<  :picard:

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Lol

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
Matt Smith is getting better.... though agreed 10>9>don't care.

40973-detailed.png

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Matt Smith is getting better.... though agreed 10>9>don't care.

He's the reason I lost interest..

I honestly tried to watch but I just can't get on with him and any of his companions after Amy

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
He was too light hearted last series... But the Clara smith combo is starting to get nice and dark though it does look like it took a turn for the shit if he's going to bring those 2 kids with him!

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

He was too light hearted last series... But the Clara smith combo is starting to get nice and dark though it does look like it took a turn for the shit if he's going to bring those 2 kids with him!

I think they'll only be in that one episode lol

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

I think they'll only be in that one episode lol

I bloody hope so lol. Dr who was slowly moving from something aimed at teh 15-16 age range to more the upper teen area.

On a side note, it's so nice to have an assistant who doesn't just scream and run and ask "Dr, what's that?".

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Last nights episode was good...apart from the really anti-climatic ending.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users