Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NSA snooping

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo
Wtf.

Hope they dont put me on the index koz this is fucking insane. Im not American citizen so they can spy the fuck out of me fuck this shit. Hope China keeps cyberfucking you NSA because youre looking at the wrong place.

Theyre probably reading this too so fuck you again. You were too fucking busy stalking facebook while they stole billions and decades worth of your millitary R&D, you dumb fucks wasting more tax money on security that could goto much needed welfare esp medical, given how broken it is.

I can bet theyre probably spying the shit out of ordinary American citizens too, too slippery a slop not to fall. More millitary control over civilians. Must be good for stats eh.. " President we suck at holding back state sponsored hackers, but heres a list on anti-war trolls"

Freedom of speech my ass.

Edited by Shahenshah, 07 June 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043

Not enough "fucks" for my liking. 

But yeah they deserve to be spied on themselves, hopefully someday in the future this will be stopped. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

shikhar

shikhar

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,933 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:354871
  • Souls Baptized:2,191,470
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

what happened shah??  :huh:

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

This, I suppose: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22809541

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

The Government + Supporters claim its "All in the name of protection". Another scandal to tarnish the current President. What are we up to now, 4? Benghazi, IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups, AP Journalist surveillance/hacking, and now NSA spying on us.

While I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt (however unlikely) it is possible he didn't actually know what was happening. But since he is our President, isn't his job to know whats going on here?

I have a dream, that one day, my government will stop trying to take away and infringe upon my Constitutional Rights.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

The Government + Supporters claim its "All in the name of protection". Another scandal to tarnish the current President. What are we up to now, 4? Benghazi, IRS Targeting of Conservative Groups, AP Journalist surveillance/hacking, and now NSA spying on us.

While I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt (however unlikely) it is possible he didn't actually know what was happening. But since he is our President, isn't his job to know whats going on here?

I have a dream, that one day, my government will stop trying to take away and infringe upon my Constitutional Rights.

It's not all that alarming to me; gov is just keeping up with the technological times. There's no need for the low tech, human spy when you can just plug into anyone's phone or computer. We even had a joke in a class a few years back, that even alone God and the gov know what you're doing haha.

It's likely Obama didn't sign off on it; they've long had the capability to do so. And I agree, hackers and foreign entities are likely  spying the U.S like it never went out of style.

Aye, but I'm still thankful for the ones they haven't messed with yet.

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
You can bet all govts are doing this more or less. Only thing is its kinda like having a spy cam in your room

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Pretty much. Also, being on Facebook is pretty stupid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

You can bet all govts are doing this more or less. Only thing is its kinda like having a spy cam in your room

hack every webcam, done!

also, failbook!

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I should mention that after hearing all of this, it only reinforces my stance on using VPNs. Especially ones that aren't loacted in the US.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

http://thehackernews.com/2013/06/edward-snowden-whistleblower-behind-nsa.html

Have a read

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Heard about that guy on the radio last night. A lot of people are debating whether he is a hero or a traitor. Its nice someone finally spoke up about the severity of Government Surveillance. Good to know at least someone in our Intelligence Community has a conscience.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

This Ben Franklin quote from Feb 1775 seems apt:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

This Ben Franklin quote from Feb 1775 seems apt:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

My favorite quote.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions

I've been reassured several times but the fine folk on my television screen that they the only information they take is the actual phone numbers, and then see if you've been communicating with known terrorist or other seriously bad people, then they can get a court order to actually start monitoring you. So chances are if you don't make phone calls to the Middle East, you have nothing at all to worry about. Assuming all this is true and the checks and balances are maintained.

ftwsig02canik.png

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

I've been reassured several times but the fine folk on my television screen that they the only information they take is the actual phone numbers, and then see if you've been communicating with known terrorist or other seriously bad people, then they can get a court order to actually start monitoring you. So chances are if you don't make phone calls to the Middle East, you have nothing at all to worry about. Assuming all this is true and the checks and balances are maintained.

Do you really believe that?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

I'm just going to say, that there's nothing new under the sun.

Governments have always used a network of informants/spies/agents under various names to gather information on each other and sometimes their own citizens. In the 21st century, these conventional methods are being replaced by electronic systems adapted to the Information Age, by nature these methods are a lot more effective and efficient than informants ever were. Welcome to the future!

Is this a good thing? Not really.

Is it new/shocking? Lol, no

If anything, I'm surprised how a seemingly ridiculously naive person like Snowden could ever work for the CIA/NSA.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Also, lolol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23178284

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions

Do you really believe that?

I don't believe it with certainty, and I wouldn't put it pass them, but I doubt their capacity to actually record, save and shift through everything we say.. and without word getting out that such a program exists.

It just seems more likely to me that, at most, they search for key words, or key numbers, and only look at what might be relevant. Not because they wouldn't like to read everything in the world, but who has time for that?

Still, the potential for abuse of this technology is disturbing and I think the criticism of it is good.

ftwsig02canik.png

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Not because they wouldn't like to read everything in the world, but who has time for that?

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users