Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Firearm Enthusiasts?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534849
  • Squadron:Alpha
I was just wondering if there were any other gun owners here or do most of you live somewhere where they aren't as available?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I wouldn't go as far as calling myself an enthusiast but I do own a few firearms.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
We're finally seeing ammo back in stock here, it is limited to 100 rounds a day per person at most places though. At least they aren't gouging too much.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Whoa, were are you from?

mJnoONX.png

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
Oregon

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Ah; well we've rather tight firearm laws in Germany that limit ownership and possession. However a fairly decent number of people tend to use shooting ranges (far more so in the five states of the former GDR though).

mJnoONX.png

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

I own several firearms and I have quite an interest in historical/surplus guns. I'm in New York so we're quite restricted as to what we can own (Stupid NY Safe Act that only protects criminals...). But almost all older firearms classified as Curio & Relic are still legal, so at least we have some options left. I'd personally take an old SKS over a AR-15 any day when it comes to home defense.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
Oregon is pretty lenient on firearm ownership, I recall getting slightly perturbed at waiting a week to get my concealed carry permit and the fact that it cost $30. lol

Gun violence is very rare here though, an armed society is a polite society. :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:

I own several firearms and I have quite an interest in historical/surplus guns. I'm in New York so we're quite restricted as to what we can own (Stupid NY Safe Act that only protects criminals...). But almost all older firearms classified as Curio & Relic are still legal, so at least we have some options left. I'd personally take an old SKS over a AR-15 any day when it comes to home defense.

The SKS is a fine weapon but It wouldn't be my choice for home defense unless you have brick walls and no neighbors. Occasionally, our local Cabelas gets in some C&R guns for good prices, I picked up a 91/30 with 2 spam cans, and a makarov in 9x18 for around $400 a year ago. My wife swiped the mak and uses it for her car gun. :(

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

The SKS is a fine weapon but It wouldn't be my choice for home defense unless you have brick walls and no neighbors. Occasionally, our local Cabelas gets in some C&R guns for good prices, I picked up a 91/30 with 2 spam cans, and a makarov in 9x18 for around $400 a year ago. My wife swiped the mak and uses it for her car gun. :(

I keep hollow points on hand and I live out in the country, so I don't have much to worry about.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

MCRABT

MCRABT

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,539 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:338286
I had this discussion with my girlfriend, after a long deep discussion on the practicalities of home defence I decided my weapon of choice would be my alarm clock. I could spring out of the darkness naked, smash said burglar in the face take a step back, compose myself and then say "Don't be alarmed".

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:

I keep hollow points on hand and I live out in the country, so I don't have much to worry about.

I envy you that. I have neighbors within 20 yards on each side so I put my trust in low recoil #4 buckshot.

and a bada bing for MCrabt :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I envy you that. I have neighbors within 20 yards on each side so I put my trust in low recoil #4 buckshot.

Hey its better than nothing! Even birdshot or a .22 becomes your best friend in the event of a break in if thats all you can quickly grab.

What ammo type do you run in the Makarov and what country is it from?

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
It's Bulgarian, they wanted a couple hundred more for the GDR pistol in that package and I wasn't prepared to pay that at the time.

When she's carrying, it's loaded with Hornaday CD rounds, but for practice it's whatever we find, tula/ppu/blazer/wolf it eats anything.

It's a bit under powered for my taste but it fits her hand very well and she loves it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

MedicWii

MedicWii

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 29 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534039
  • Souls Baptized:0

I own a few myself. Ammo is not available in large amounts here in Alabama yet.

The hardest part of my concealed carry permit process was my wife being upset that she didn't do her hair for her permit picture.

Skallamann

Skallamann

Forged

• NM|Former Member
  • 79 posts
  • Resources:
Hahaha I do understand Medic, if my wife finds out cerakote comes in pink i'm hosed. lol

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I had this discussion with my girlfriend, after a long deep discussion on the practicalities of home defence I decided my weapon of choice would be my alarm clock. I could spring out of the darkness naked, smash said burglar in the face take a step back, compose myself and then say "Don't be alarmed".

My only experience of people breaking into a house leads me to believe that hollering in the dark and charging naked down the stairs gets people the hell out of the house.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Llywelyn Fawr

Llywelyn Fawr

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:532783
  • Souls Baptized:0

I was just wondering if there were any other gun owners here or do most of you live somewhere where they aren't as available?

I'm definitely enthusiastic about guns, but I don't own any (yet) (yes, I know, that's shameful for a Texan!). I've gone shooting a few times, though, mostly at ranges with my ex-Marine and ex-Army friends; it mostly consisted of shooting a few handguns and one particular Mosin-Nagant with a nasty recoil.

Now that ammo's back on the shelves, I'm thinking about finally buying myself a handgun for self-defense  ^_^

FERRO CREDIMUS! FERRO CONFIDIMUS!

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:130042

Recently purchased a Sig P-229 .40 cal, slightly used. Only shot it twice, but it is REALLY nice. Also have a Bersa .380 and a .22.

Aid Given To IRON Members--956.5 Million
Aid Given To Non-IRON Members--21 Million
Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million
300 Tech Donated to Matt Tech

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

I love guns, but unfortunately, I no longer own any. Sold my last one, a bolt action .22 about a year ago. 

Ive considered getting a hand gun recently, as I've yet to ever own one and ya never know when it might come in handy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users