Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

College football fans: Ohio State vs. Michigan Fight

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:541027
  • Squadron:Alpha

Just wondering if anyone saw that fight during the OSU vs Mich game. And if ya did, what your thoughts are.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6gCpl594ME

Also, because it isn't stated in the video, OSU's Number 1 and 79 and Michigan's Number 52 were ejected.

I'm on the fence about number 1. Number 79 deserved to get ejected as he had no reason to be in that fight and I think he's just a poor representation of Ohio State. Also, 52 also deserved his ejection as he was the one who took Wilson's helmet off

Spoiler

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:541003
  • Souls Baptized:10,171
  • Discord ID:TheNictator

Thankfully this wasn't seen--

Braxton going in..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BabHmmYIUAAoR6r.jpg:large

When Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."

2 Nukes have been wasted on me

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

Until now, haha. And Yeah, I watched the video again and saw him jump in momentarily. They pulled him out quick though, thankfully. Also, Number 79's exit is in the spoiler at the bottom of my signature if anyone is interested in seeing it

Spoiler

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

I couldn't resist.

When Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

That's the epitome of class right there, man. Although I do find that really funny/entertaining. I hate the fact that he's a Buckeye. He just makes us all look like classless fools.

Spoiler

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

At least Wilson was there to show his large IQ by punching someone who had a helmet on.... lol

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah... I feel like I probably would have done the same though. I think it was more about sending a message than actually trying to inflict pain.

Spoiler

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

We emotionally accomplished all goals. Go Bucks.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

This isn't the first time either. 

2011- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDm0p3YSink

Spoiler

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I don't think my opinion will be very popular.

This is one more reason athletics should be separated from higher learning.

The NFL should set up their own "schools" to train these people right out of high school.

There is far too much money and corruption in our Universities because of this practice.

And none of it helps our kids build a future or lowers the cost of their tuitions.

Just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

Well you're definitely not wrong. But I feel like these games just provide so much funding and attention for the schools it would be difficult to implement that. However I am confident that it is possible. The powers that be just need some incentive to make it happen. Ya know what I mean?

Spoiler

nconcilla

nconcilla

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 156 posts
  • Resources:

Colleges make way too much money to give away a football program, for example Ohio State's football team netted them $51,839,260 during the 2010-2011 season and take away their costs - $12,575,530 for a net profit of $39,263,730 in just one year. 

I would argue that some schools are basically farms for the NFL. Alabama, OSU, Oregon, just to name a few. So why spend the money (if you're the NFL).

But an NFL "Prospect" College would be great for getting new recruits into the NFL. If they also didn't want an education :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

Watching that gif in my signature over and over makes me wonder why 44 didn't get ejected.

Spoiler

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

"sport"

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

"sport"

What are your feelings on the subject? My interest has been piqued :P

Spoiler

anthotcool

anthotcool

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:229028

I'm amazed that Wilson and 79 weren't suspended.  Then again, I'm not surprised at all.

The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jtrupert

Jtrupert

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 127 posts
  • Resources:

I personally don't think Wilson should be suspended as the whole situation looks questionable for both sides at the start of the video. Marcus Hall (79) however, should be suspended. Urban Meyer said on Saturday that he will not suspend either player but I feel as though that was a blanket statement because he doesn't want to commit to suspending anyone yet. The B1G (Big 10) did reprimand Hall's actions but they haven't taken any further action. Quite frankly, I will be very disappointed in Meyer's coaching ethics (if that's the right term) if he does not suspend Hall for flipping off the whole stadium. That is just unacceptable. 

Spoiler

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I think they should all be sentenced to 3 years in Berkeley California, they can maintainence parking meters.

That'll do the trick.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

anthotcool

anthotcool

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:229028

I personally don't think Wilson should be suspended as the whole situation looks questionable for both sides at the start of the video. Marcus Hall (79) however, should be suspended. Urban Meyer said on Saturday that he will not suspend either player but I feel as though that was a blanket statement because he doesn't want to commit to suspending anyone yet. The B1G (Big 10) did reprimand Hall's actions but they haven't taken any further action. Quite frankly, I will be very disappointed in Meyer's coaching ethics (if that's the right term) if he does not suspend Hall for flipping off the whole stadium. That is just unacceptable. 

That's not the way I understood it.  Sounded more like "we'll handle it internally our way... wink"

I do sympathize with Wilson, he was getting absolutely mobbed but the way I see it, you throw an outright punch like that, you're toast.  Imagine how Roger Goodell would respond?

Urban Meyer and ethics... no comment. Let's just remember how much money the B10 has on the line if OSU goes to the Natty, and Meyer's $4.2 million bonus if they make it.

The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

"sport"

What are your feelings on the subject? My interest has been piqued :P

This sport is listed on my "sport not about sport but about punching the enemy" list, which also include "ice hockey".

Its also on my "wussy sports" list, watch some rugby for why its on that.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users