Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Relationship Ends 3 years

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:550261
  • Squadron:Delta

After three long beautiful and hard years. My lady finally called it quits but would like to remain friends. I thought it would hurt me more but to tell you the truth i'm actually quite happy. Is that wrong to feel this way?

~IRON is in my bloodline~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

Really sorry to hear that things didn't work out LA. Glad to hear that you're doing alright though.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah thanks mate but we still talk every day like it's nothing.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Iron Helix

Iron Helix

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 956 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:039810
  • Souls Baptized:5,683,682

To Live (Vivere)

What a magnificent day
what a day to celebrate
my girl has left me
I'm free at last!

I've got my life back
and I intend to enjoy it.
when she left she said she wouldn't come back

Now I can live without misery
live without jealousy
with no regrets
with no concerns about love

I can enjoy the flowers, enjoy life
and still my feelings

I can laugh and be happy
I can laugh at a foolish world
I can live while I am still young
because life is beautiful
and I want to live more of it

Women want you to act in 
in the comedy of love
they want you to play the 
romantic lead
but when the curtain comes down in act 3
your faced with reality
Her romantic drama is a farce

Live! even if you feel a little nostalgic
I'm not bitter any more
I'm happy for the guy who took her away
To live while I'm young 
Because life is beautiful

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordEmperor

LordEmperor

The ex-Headmaster

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,386 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:256396
  • Souls Baptized:5,312,827

Well the time will be different when she dates someone else.

Nothing wrong with that feel. Enjoy it and explore! :)

eadmaster of the Academy, Kilo CO, Echo CO/XO/MS, Recruiting Director, Deputy Postmaster General,
Presidium, Trading Post Director, Recruiter, Maintainer, Award Panel, Admission Staff, Student of the Month, and Diplomat
IRON Member of the Month for January 2013; Longest Serving Commanding Officer

In charge of; Great Chosun Empire
Infinite Glory and Honor of IRON beyond Mere Imagination

Pre-M.P. - 435,930 Attacking + 1,257,468 Defending = 1,693,398 Casualties (4.09%)
Post-M.P. - 1,455,463 Attacking + 2,734,186 Defending = 4,189,649 Casualties (6.74%)

Currently - 1,884,874 Attacking + 3,427,953 Defending = 5,312,827 Casualties (21.19%)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

GoneVolsDeep

GoneVolsDeep

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:545023
  • Souls Baptized:2272

Take my advice here.  Get as far away from her as you can for now.  You feel fine because you still talk everyday.  Once that stops you are going to be miserable.  Best to do it on your own terms and adjust to her not being around all of the time, than for waiting for her to spring it on you.  I've had this happen.  Was in a relationship for 3 and  half years and my ex and I split.  We talked everyday, until she started dating someone else and then we didn't speak again for nearly a year, and for a solid three months I was completely miserable.

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire
Well remaining friends can or can't work.
IE: I don't even talk to my most recent ex. Nor do I have any desire to. She wanted to remain friends, but I chose not to.
However, I had a fiance before that. Things didn't work out and the break up was a nightmare. But he's now married and has a kid. We are still friends.

It all really depends on how well the two of you can accept the change.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DuxRex

DuxRex

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 169 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:545998
  • Souls Baptized:18,842
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

After three long beautiful and hard years. My lady finally called it quits but would like to remain friends. I thought it would hurt me more but to tell you the truth i'm actually quite happy. Is that wrong to feel this way?

Well it's good that you are happy, and I don't think yous should feel as though that is wrong...

Yeah thanks mate but we still talk every day like it's nothing.

If it's just talking to you then it's not a problem. Just make sure you both keep each other in the friend  zone. The waters get rough when it gets all muddied. 

Posted Image

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:
All such good advice thank each and everyone of you. My IRON brothers and sisters. That song tho was epic lol.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mia

Mia

Formattrix General [Salmia]

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,864 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:533501
  • Squadron:Alpha

No. Whatever feelings you have are valid. Whether you remain friends or not is up to how you feel. Honestly, whether people can remain friends afterwards or not depends on how the break up ended. Sometimes relationships just end because there simply isn't much left to it anymore.

Enjoy whatever comes next.

Posted Image
Have the strength to accept that which you cannot change,
Have the courage to change that which you can,
The gratitude to be grateful for what you've been given,
The faith that if it is meant to be, you'll see it again
And the fortitude to walk forward with the lessons learned if not.

Member of the Bitch-Slap Robot Hippies Club

[7:56:10 PM] Crusty Juggler: i taunted the cloud with lightning in it and it started peeing on me
[1:50:50 AM] Bama: I am quite inteeligent.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

It's nice that you feel that way.  I usually never felt that way, but then again I am the type that tried to keep things going and work on things and usually was the one who go dumped which always hit me a bit hard.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:

As am I Rhizo but she pretty much had her mine made up so I was eh what the hell. I can say i'm not interested into rushing into another relationship right now. Some telling me it's going hurt eventually but right now I can't honestly tell. I occupy my time being more active on forums here and playing the game. I do prefer company though pure silence is like death to me. So anybody and everybody feel free to add me and msg me. :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mia

Mia

Formattrix General [Salmia]

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,864 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:533501

As am I Rhizo but she pretty much had her mine made up so I was eh what the hell. I can say i'm not interested into rushing into another relationship right now. Some telling me it's going hurt eventually but right now I can't honestly tell. I occupy my time being more active on forums here and playing the game. I do prefer company though pure silence is like death to me. So anybody and everybody feel free to add me and msg me. :)

It's nice that you feel that way.  I usually never felt that way, but then again I am the type that tried to keep things going and work on things and usually was the one who go dumped which always hit me a bit hard.

I am similar to you two but Lost Assassin handled it correctly. I have tried to keep fighting when the other person was clearly wanting to end it. If you want to stay on good terms with the person when their mind is clearly made up, you have to let go. If you try to fight when the other person doesn't have any interest, you will only end up destroying what remains.

I have learned that lesson the hard way. Persistence can be a powerful trait but the flip side is knowing when to let go, when to stop pushing and when to find other things to distract yourself from it.

Posted Image
Have the strength to accept that which you cannot change,
Have the courage to change that which you can,
The gratitude to be grateful for what you've been given,
The faith that if it is meant to be, you'll see it again
And the fortitude to walk forward with the lessons learned if not.

Member of the Bitch-Slap Robot Hippies Club

[7:56:10 PM] Crusty Juggler: i taunted the cloud with lightning in it and it started peeing on me
[1:50:50 AM] Bama: I am quite inteeligent.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:

^_^This makes me extremely happy.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480

I've watched people fight on with relationships because they still love each other but are clearly not in the end compatible, and without realising they have built up an incredible amount of stress and anger at the other person. When that type of relationship ends the stress and anger goes, and it can lead to the person feeling happier. It doesn't mean they don't love the other person, it doesn't mean they hadn't had happy times in the relationship, but it is a sign that moving on is for the best before they start to hate each other. 

I am not saying this is what has happened in your case. But it might be something to think about (if you want to) as it might help you understand yourself. It might not and it might be completely inaccurate, but I thought I would leave it there anyway. 

In anycase, I hope you continue to feel well and I wish you well with your future. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LostAssassin

LostAssassin

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 397 posts
  • Resources:

Thank You Icewolf for joining in on the topic. At first I was trying to find a reason why we should stay together but all honesty I knew it was time to move on. Only thing that was bothering me was that "what if" bug. So I got some repel spray and moving on. :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jiang Zhijian

Jiang Zhijian

Quenched

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 360 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:565719
  • Souls Baptized:9,950

It is quite normal to feel happy. I bet you feel more of a relieve.

Usually, men feel happy during the first days of the break-up, but they will feel desperate several months after the break-up. Women experience otherwise.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MrBonkrs

MrBonkrs

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 69 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:586907
  • Souls Baptized:0

shiber me timbers squidward

0 user(s) are reading this topic