Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cybernations, Norway, and Nazism

A Petition

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Montosh

Montosh

Head of the Loser Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,628 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:510117
  • Souls Baptized:Not enough
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

Former --->Posted Image

[img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img] Join the Lobster Party Today! [img]http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UfkQRi_NE-ZEDIqcsG9c4A/ms.jpg[/img]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

:picard:

"Stormfront defines Nordreich as a potential recruiting ground for its operations on its online forum. The white supremacist group admits that a number of members are active in Nordreich." - an article on it from 2007

However this is pointless.

It was indeed about Stormfront (which we as IRON actually attacked ingame :D)

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541

I love that the majority of posts are about how pointless this effort is, and will therefore not take the energy to make a few clicks. If anything, the reason the game is dying is because everyone acknowledges it and does nothing about it, and instead of placing it in their own hands they wait for admin to do something we all know he will not.

/me signs the petition and prays that God recognizes this giant sacrifice

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

don't blame me, I neither can currently nor desire in the future to be able to sign such a petition :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaiser Hanssen

Kaiser Hanssen

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 43 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:537756

Try recruiting off-site. whitehouse.gov is not likely to bring politically-minded yet interesting people to the game. At least not any with much staying power

I can appreciate the sentiment but 1) It's kind of pointless and only brings up old, bad press 2) Not asking NoR (much of the old guard of which is gone I imagine) if they want an apology makes this beyond dumb

Yeah, most of the old members who were involved in the scandal left a long time ago or now are merely members of the AA and bodies during war. Very few of the old blood have any impact on the modern Nordreich.

All that using our scandal with NoRway is doing is dragging out name through the dirt in the public forum yet again. People just have to read the word "nazi" to hate something - which is something we all deplore in Nordreich because it has absolutely fuck all to do with any of us.

signature.png

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418
  • Squadron:Kilo

Oh boy. I don't think I have to point out why this won't lead anywhere.

Also... The game is dying not because it's not being advertised enough, the game is dying because it sucks. The mechanics behind it are outdated, unbalanced, and boring. Best case scenario, this attracts a hundred people or so, 90% of them will go inactive in the first month, and the game will continue its decline, because the fundamental issues are not being addressed.

If you really want to attract new players, you might want to bug Admin and Co. to update and improve the game.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:FS108

there is one thing i have to say about  CN being accused as Nazi's is fuck who ever said it there is one alliance in the game close but not a nazi alliance and that is NOR i think they are more of a nationalistic alliance of old Germany before Nazis came out during WW2

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

I love that the majority of posts are about how pointless this effort is, and will therefore not take the energy to make a few clicks. If anything, the reason the game is dying is because everyone acknowledges it and does nothing about it, and instead of placing it in their own hands they wait for admin to do something we all know he will not.

See, Thats what I thought when this was brought to me.
Bit naturally, if it includes the word "Nazi" everyone hates it regardless.

NoR, I apologize for that, but really, this petition was never about NoR. (Despite what Rotavele says in the OWF post, the previous mentions just moments before clearly show the real intention.)
It was really just an attempt to possibly bring in more players to CN. I can understand how it might not be popular among NoR, but if anything it IS defending your argument that NoR isn't a Nazi alliance. To the casual observer who just heard of your alliance, it takes but a glance at your name or flag to immediately think of Nazi Germany.

In all honesty (this isn't an attack on NoR), NordReichs name will always be the subject of controversy and debates about Nazism.
/me remembers a game called Politics and War.
In said game, simply by existing, NoR threw an entire gaming community into anarchy because Hereno the teenage troll noticed you and decided to stir shit up, which even led to a staff member facepalming, resigning from the staff, and and winding up still to this day, perma banned from the whole website. (Referring to me there).
And NoR, during all of this, literally did nothing other than exist for a brief moment.

So regardless of whatever becomes of this petition, I say the phrase:
"Haterz gonna hate."

You really can't drag NoRs name through any mud that it hasn't already been dragged through, and it seems like the same controversy seems to always come back at some point in time.

All in all, the argument of the petition itself IS defending the name of NoR. It could easily be arguing the very opposite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Auctor

Auctor

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 149 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:433854
Given that this incident actually led to more people joining CN...

auctorribbonrack.png

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043

I wouldn't click solely on the fact that it is not a petition to the government in question.

Norway is going to apologize because the US tells them? f**k the US. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Discord ID:FS108

I wouldn't click solely on the fact that it is not a petition to the government in question.

Norway is going to apologize because the US tells them? f**k the US. 

I can easy say Fuck the USA, they are nothing with out the importing of oil to fuel billions of cars and started Operation Iraqi freedom for more oil to control. That's my views as the are a Dictatorship like Hitler trying to grab as many national resources like Hitler and start  a Global conflict like Hitler look at the situation in Ukraine CIA corruption and KGB battles.

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541

I'm not exactly patriotic, but one country petitioning another is not anything new and is hardly overstepping boundaries.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blaskowicz

Blaskowicz

Bungalow Bill

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:289177
  • Souls Baptized:1,592,418

Woah there. I think all nations are imperialistic in ambitions, it just so happens that the US is the current dominant one. Let's not forget Russia taking over half of Ukraine, China annexing Tibet, etc. Obtaining power is a natural part of politics, and I won't deny the US foreign policy is murky at best, warhawk at worst, but pretty much all countries act like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

--------
"If you know the enemy and know yourself,
you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
--------
Former Councilor - Bored Artist - Ze Big Brother of Angel

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

Woah there. I think all nations are imperialistic in ambitions, it just so happens that the US is the current dominant one. Let's not forget Russia taking over half of Ukraine, China annexing Tibet, etc. Obtaining power is a natural part of politics, and I won't deny the US foreign policy is murky at best, warhawk at worst, but pretty much all countries act like that.

Half? C'mon now :P That sounds like a Putin's wet dream >.<

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Think he took everyting he actually wanted already, more is just a bonus.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Sure, but Crimea isn't really half of Ukraine :P

mJnoONX.png

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Depends who you ask, there is bound to be people who think the Crim is everything of Ukraine :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:

Depends who you ask, there is bound to be people who think the Crim is everything of Ukraine :D

>.< :P

mJnoONX.png

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users