Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DeathMerchant's Gallery/Motivational Posters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Over the years I've done some work with graphics design, mainly sprites or other low res images. I occasionally create motivational posters to post on facebook or other social networking sites. These are 100% my designs, except for the images found through google or news websites. Hope you get some laughs out of them. And feel free to use them if you are so inclined.

StateoftheUnion_zps0b751fd9.jpg

Morgan_zps053256f3.jpg

ExecutiveOrders_zpsb8906747.jpg

3DPrinting_zpsa90d82b6.jpg

PPSh-41_zps0b67aa1b.jpg

SuperSTOL_zps346112c6.jpg

Neversaynever_zps8db399cf.jpg

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHHAHA

That GW model yours or one you found?

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Actually thats not even a GW model. Someone created a 3D Steampunk style model, influenced by Warhammer.

Needless to say, if GW saw it they would probably scream IP COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Considering all the takedown notices they send out to websites.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
To be honest... they could make a packet by selling encrypted files which were single use on a printer... each base unit could have a unique identifying number which could be checked at tournaments or something if they got really paranoid about it. At the end of the day... with 3D printing on the rise, these companies will have to adapt or be out competed by their own clients!

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I agree that wargaming companies evetually have to accept that 3D Printing will become a cheap alternative. Those who refuse to jump onboard or at least acknowledge their potentional profits, will end up like the dinosaur. They will either go out of business or realize that its simply impossible to control everything in today's modern world.

However, a much more scary reality are companies that push for DRM to be installed on 3D Printers. For example, your 3D model resembles another design on the web by 95%, too bad can't print it. I read a book (3D Printing: The Next Technology Gold Rush - Future Factories and How to Capitalize on Distributed Manufacturing) in which the author stated the entire feild of 3D Printing is at risk from intruisive DRM. An emerging field cannot be held back or if too many restraints are placed on it, its development will subsequently be hampered.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users