Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sons of Anarchy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I always avoided this show. I didn't think a series about an outlaw biker gang would be one that would interest me. But due to the lackluster bunch of just rotton shows that have been invading my DVR schedule... like Penny is just a Dreadful show... I decided I would crank up Netflix and check it out.

I'm on season 2 and not slowing down. If you like Justified you will love this show.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I always avoided this show. I didn't think a series about an outlaw biker gang would be one that would interest me. But due to the lackluster bunch of just rotton shows that have been invading my DVR schedule... like Penny is just a Dreadful show... I decided I would crank up Netflix and check it out.

I'm on season 2 and not slowing down. If you like Justified you will love this show.

Actually love the show.  I started it after the first few seasons were over as I didn't get into it from the start, but heard a lot of my friends ranting and raving always on facebook when a new episode was shown so decided to watch past episodes on Netflix.  I'm already up to where it left off, waiting on the next season.  I got hooked...i blew through the first few seasons.  My love has slowly dwindled as I kept going...I still am excited for the next season, but my interest isn't near where it was when I first started.  I think it's mainly due to the fact that a lot of similar things happen, and sometimes predictable...and I guess I get to a point where I'm like...really all this bad shit couldn't keep happening that it's kinda of like come on?  I understand obviously that if they just had an episode where all things went as planned and no drama..that wouldn't make for good TV..but for me it's like seriously, now it's getting a bit old.  Same has happened with shows that last for awhile, like Walking Dead...though the walking dead has had the opposite effect at times where I'm like something more interesting needs to happen besides another day at the jail..and a few zombies almost kill someone.

But I certainly would recommend it.  I'm now onto House of Cards....love that show so far, and plan to start Dexter soon.  Newer shows I've enjoyed would be 24, The following, and The Americans

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I tried House of Cards and didn't like the constant talking to the camera narration. It was too annoying for me.

Dexter was always a staple and never missed it... I'll warn you on the ending... no one I know liked how it ends, including us.

I never gave The Americans a chance because I thought it was supposed to be about current events. I lived through the cold war so I just could not believe Soviet agents living in the States now. Then I saw an interview with Oliver North and learned he is a consultant on the show and it's set in the 80's I think. I have it now in my Netflix queue but I have to get the discs... it's not streaming.

Since you have Netflix... a few shows I recommend are Sherlock, Copper, and Ripper Street. They make some great shows in the UK.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Actually love the show.  I started it after the first few seasons were over as I didn't get into it from the start, but heard a lot of my friends ranting and raving always on facebook when a new episode was shown so decided to watch past episodes on Netflix.  I'm already up to where it left off, waiting on the next season.  I got hooked...i blew through the first few seasons.  My love has slowly dwindled as I kept going...I still am excited for the next season, but my interest isn't near where it was when I first started.  I think it's mainly due to the fact that a lot of similar things happen, and sometimes predictable...and I guess I get to a point where I'm like...really all this bad shit couldn't keep happening that it's kinda of like come on?  I understand obviously that if they just had an episode where all things went as planned and no drama..that wouldn't make for good TV..but for me it's like seriously, now it's getting a bit old.  Same has happened with shows that last for awhile, like Walking Dead...though the walking dead has had the opposite effect at times where I'm like something more interesting needs to happen besides another day at the jail..and a few zombies almost kill someone.

But I certainly would recommend it.  I'm now onto House of Cards....love that show so far, and plan to start Dexter soon.  Newer shows I've enjoyed would be 24, The following, and The Americans

Try the original from BBC.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Try the original from BBC.

Theo... which show are you talking about? Is there a Sons of Anarchy from the BBC? What's it called?

I watched "The Borgias" on Showtime and it was okay... but then I watched "Borgia" on Netflix from Europe and it blew the Showtime version off the map. Once you get past all the different accents, it proves to be a much deeper story and a much better showing of the brutality of the time. Can't wait for Netflix to let me see the 3rd and final season.

The US also tried to copy Sherlock with a show called Elementary that I never watched, but it failed. Benedict Cumberbatch is too good and has become Holmes the same way that Daniel Craig has become Bond.

Do you watch that new show called Planet Bob? Last week one of IRON's best leaders left the alliance but the preview for next weeks episode suggests that he will return. Any thoughts?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:FS108

SoA Berlin :D

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Update on my Sons of Anarchy experience.

Just finished season 5 and rolling into 6 after purchasing the season on Amazon.

There are no good guys in this show. Just several different degrees of bad.

I have seen some of the most horrific and disturbing results from a life of crime ever portrayed on the screen. From a man forced to witness his own daughter being burned alive right in front of him, to a man biting off his own tongue to send a message to authorities that he will never say what they want to force him to say. This is a show about people that call eachother brother and then the next scene is one brother shooting the other brother several times in the face. They say they love eachother, but do the worst things to protect themselves and hurt others to get what they want. They hug eachother... slapping the backs of black leather jackets, and then set eachother up for death.

The best thing all of these people can do is crowd into the "chaple"... take a last shot of their liquor of choice... and collectively blow their own heads off with whatever type of weapon they are selling at the time.

But it's still a great show and is a testament to how sick we all are for not being able to stop watching it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Just finished 6 last night and can say only 3 words... more body bags.

I will share one interesting fact about this show that I have noticed throughout the entire project. There are an enormous amount of actors in Sons of Anarchy that previously starred together in one of my most favorite and memorable shows of all time. Play a game with yourself when watching SoA and count how many of the actors once worked together on the HBO series, Deadwood. It's quite amazing.

Season 7 starts in September... it will be the series finale and I'm sure it will be a bloody ending to an extremely violent show.

I hear Kurt Sutter is working on a prequel set in the 60's about the "First 9". That will be worth watching. Touche'

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users