Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SWTOR

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gatorback05

Gatorback05

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 49 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:167693
  • Souls Baptized:697,761
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Any of you on SWTOR and if so what server?

I have just gotten back to the game and my friends are coming back as well.  We are in need of one more DD for 4 man instances to gear up.

LordZetano

LordZetano

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 209 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:545543
  • Souls Baptized:4982

Im on the Ebon Hawk Server. Just started a few days ago. XD

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FOReverNShade

FOReverNShade

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 188 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:555132
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

What have they done to make the game good over the last few months? Anything?  The stories were fun to play through, but it felt more fun as a single player KOTOR type game than an MMO.  I liked PvP, but it was insanely unbalanced.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Gatorback05

Gatorback05

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 49 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:167693
  • Souls Baptized:697,761

From what i hear they have balance alot of the pvp and have been doing it in seasons like WOW.  Not sure about pve and raids since i have just gotten back and am only 51.  I will check what server i am on cant remember off hand.

boomboom517

boomboom517

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 57 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:550515
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

is the free to play worth it?

MistAssassin

MistAssassin

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 220 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:561694
  • Souls Baptized:131167
  • Squadron:Delta

Little late but this game is worth the bump anyway.

is the free to play worth it?

Free to play is great for those that are looking to enjoy Bioware's awesome (fully VO'd) stories for up to 2 classes. You'll get to experience a lot of different planets and missions, as well, see all the cool cosmetic things like speeders and crazy lightsaber colors. If you're looking to enjoy a good story at your own pace in the Star Wars realm, F2P is perfect for you.

That being said, if you are at all interested in end-game content. The game does everything in its power to incentivise you to Subscribe, as you can't wear the best gear statistically (without purchasing an unlock), limited numbers of operations (raids), as well as not being able to receive rewards after a certain number of Flashpoints or PvP matches a week. 

3.0 is dropping in a couple of days for those that pre-ordered (Dec 2), and December 9th for everyone else. With it comes a new level cap. If you've ever been interested in playing the game, now would be a good time to start.

Final verdict: F2P to enjoy the story and see if the game is something you'll want to invest in. By the time you hit level cap, if you still want more, you should probably subscribe.

I play on Jedi Covenant and The Bastion if anyone wants to join up with me.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users