Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Human Resources and Interviews thread

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:073719
  • Souls Baptized:7,236,060
  • Squadron:Kilo

Ive been doing an internship in a Temporary agency recruiting low qualification workers and naw im doing another internship in a HR consultancy company recruiting middle managers, managers, technical charges and CEO among other functions.

Ive created this thread for several purposes:

1. Practicing my english.

2. Answering any question.

3. Exchanging and sharing general information and points of view.

4. Helping IRON brothers with their interviews.

5. Meeting HR experts.

PS: If you know anyon interested in working as a private school as teacher (Starting in September)  in Zaragoza, Spain. (Required: Any bachelor´s degree and a homologous postgrade in teaching)  or someone (Only females are required by the school) interested in working as Kindergarten director tell them that theyr are free to contact me.

Edited by mArKnationzGz, 29 June 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image
******************* PROUD SON OF THE NAAC *********************
Posted Image
3,177,967 Attacking + 4,023,598 Defending = 7,201,565 Casualties

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Gatorback05

Gatorback05

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 49 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:167693
  • Souls Baptized:697,761
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

So, your internship is to do interviews for manager positions?

Are you looking for someone to ask you questions about the job that an interviewee would ask? or are you looking for what an interviewer would ask you if you were looking to get hired for said job?

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480

How on earth is there an EU country which manages to have open sex discrimination in is job vacancies? I though successive Directives and the Court of Justice had stamped hard on that kind of thing? Or is there some kind of occupational requirement for that position? 

How much do you find that interview techniques and application styles vary between people of different nationalities? In a programme I am involved in we are finding that there can be staggering differences as we are looking for candidates drawn from across the EU. 

Final question, as a person whose manager is leaning on them to start thinking about longer term career advancement (basically saying-18 months to get yourself promotion or you are not moving forward fast enough), can you advise me as to the traits you expect a middle manager to have in comparison to someone who is fairly high grade but not acting in a management position? In my case I currently earn substantially more than many team leaders due to the technical and demanding nature of my job, but any advancement will likely require moving into management. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

I guess the 'male' job is in a private Catholic school ... there is precedent and deference for that. The 'female' job would suggest a quota fulfillment.

Short of that it is discrimination >.<

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

I guess the 'male' job is in a private Catholic school ... there is precedent and deference for that. The 'female' job would suggest a quota fulfillment.

In the uk the religious requirement is restricted to religious roles...teacher in a school doesn't cut it
Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:

So, your internship is to do interviews for manager positions?

Are you looking for someone to ask you questions about the job that an interviewee would ask? or are you looking for what an interviewer would ask you if you were looking to get hired for said job?

The consultancy is specialized in performing the job descriptions and recruitment of all the workers, from managers to CEOS. They dont recruit operators (Maybe ocassionally, but its not the main activity) They work with companies of different sizes that work in different areas. In the morning im focused on recruitment, doing a headhunter job beacuse we are looking for specific profiles not very common, so sometimes we look for people that is currently employed (rather than publishing offers). Ivent done any interview yet, started my internship last week. But asking yo tour question: First i will be in the same room with the mouth shut, after that i will be supervised while im doing the interview, and at some point i will be allowed to do it solo (And i will feel that im ready).

As well, during afternoons im learning about how to do the paperwork for other companies that hire us in order to get national tax benefits for the training courses given to employees, and calcukating the sums that may be meliorated.

Gatorback05 iIm just looking forward to meet people interested in HR and talk with them about different matters. Generating knowledge and arguing different points ;)

Edited by mArKnationzGz, 29 June 2014 - 01:09 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:

How on earth is there an EU country which manages to have open sex discrimination in is job vacancies? I though successive Directives and the Court of Justice had stamped hard on that kind of thing? Or is there some kind of occupational requirement for that position? 

How much do you find that interview techniques and application styles vary between people of different nationalities? In a programme I am involved in we are finding that there can be staggering differences as we are looking for candidates drawn from across the EU. 

Final question, as a person whose manager is leaning on them to start thinking about longer term career advancement (basically saying-18 months to get yourself promotion or you are not moving forward fast enough), can you advise me as to the traits you expect a middle manager to have in comparison to someone who is fairly high grade but not acting in a management position? In my case I currently earn substantially more than many team leaders due to the technical and demanding nature of my job, but any advancement will likely require moving into management. 

When offers are published the gender vocubulary is neuter to comply with the "gender equality law" based in the demands of the cityzens, and the european directives, The tittle 1, chapter 2. 14st article of the 1978´s constitution stablishes that: "The spanish are equal before the law, without being able to prevail any discrimination for reason of birth, race, sex, religion, opinion or any other condition or personal or social circumstance." . In case that the company doesnt fulfill with this obligations the company may be denounced, processed and fined. 

So a public offer is alwais directed to both sexs in terms of languaje. There has been alwais an issue, In spanish, when you use the word "Teacher" the gender of the word is masculine: Male teacher = Profesor, Female Teacher = Profesora. Despite of this the masculine term is supossed to include the professionals of any gender. Anyway what you write in the offer is for example "Profesores/as" to disambiguate the gender issue and show that you are not discriminating any gender.

So public sex discrimination is not allowed or respected. Obviusly, companies that hires third parties (us) to acomplish a selection process let them know what do they require. In this case they ask for teachers (Male and Female, just corrected the info in the first post) and only Female Kindergarten director because they arent interested in Male Kindergarten directors. The same way that any other companies have they preferences.

As i told you about the job offer as IRON member i told you what the company really wants so you dont tell to someone that is not gonna be hired.

The ocupational requirements are being native from a "english" country and bilingual, plus:

For teacher in this private school is having any bachelor's degree (Old 5 years degrees, 4 years after the european degrees were unified "Bologna") and a specific postgraduate that allows you to teach to 12 to 18 year old chiild or homologous.

Kindergarten Director, School teaching degree or similar and experience of at least 1 year in a similar position.

Edited by mArKnationzGz, 29 June 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:

In this case the school isnt a Catholic school. My school from 6y old to 18y old was Christian. "Jesuits" like Francis Pope. 90% of the teachers didnt belong to clergy, only "religion" subject teachers did, either priests or nuns. In my city other religious schools are the same way and in other ones there are more ecclesiastic presence or professioriate.

Public schools are secular and the presence of icons is not allowed in the classrooms (The cross or any kind of hiyab for example). As well as the religion subject is not teached. Either "Ethics" or "Education for the citizens" subjects are.

The female preference may be a quota fulfilement or just a preference. Being a managar she will be working with parents, the teachers and papers rather than with the childs so i have no clue of why do they only want a women for that vacancy.

Edited by mArKnationzGz, 29 June 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

In this case the school isnt a Catholic school. My school from 6y old to 18y old was Christian. "Jesuits" like Francis Pope. 90% of the teachers didnt belong to clergy, only "religion" subject teachers did, either priests or nuns. In my city other religious schools are the same way and in other ones there are more ecclesiastic presence or professioriate.

Public schools are secular and the presence of icons is not allowed in the classrooms (The cross or any kind of hiyab for example). As well as the religion subject is not teached. Either "Ethics" or "Education for the citizens" subjects are.

The female preference may be a quota fulfilement or just a preference. Being a managar she will be working with parents, the teachers and papers rather than with the childs so i have no clue of why do they only want a women for that vacancy.
Indeed. And yes if it is a public school (I.e. Entitled to receive a sum from fiscus) then discrimination is not allowed. However a private school not receiving such fund is allowed some discrimination (e.g. Male teachers in a male only catholic gymnasium), provided that the curriculum, etc etc is in-line with the broader requirements and standards set by the pertinent authority.

I went to a Jesuit gymnasium myself, where about 70% of teachers were clergy ... but it was privately funded so we never had an issue with the discrimination against female teachers.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw the director part of the reply, yes it might be a preference, but It would be discrimination if a better qualified male applicant would apply and be rejected.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:

Does anyone use "Linkedin"?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Does anyone use "Linkedin"?

Yes, but only because it allow me to have contact information for collegues. I don't really use social media otherwise (I mean I have a facebook, instragram, twitter but can't be bothered to post on them :D)

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

I have a linkedin account so I can see how much better I am doing than all the people I hate. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mArKnationzGz

mArKnationzGz

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 811 posts
  • Resources:

I have a linkedin account so I can see how much better I am doing than all the people I hate. 

lol that makes sense

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Sweeeeet Ronny D

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 115 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:308839
  • Souls Baptized:13,415,157

I use it all the time, I find its a solid professional networking tool.  Especially if you can build up a solid network of people in your field on it.  AKA if you have 20 of your high school buddies on there, probably not going to be helpful, but if you have 300 plus people that all work in the same or similar field as you, much more helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users