Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Independence Vote in Scotland

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I would like to know how my English cousins feel about this big vote today.

Braveheart is my favorite movie of all time... even though it's horribly, historically inaccurate.

I have always been a fan of the Scots, and I want to visit someday.

They have their chance today, but I fear now is not the best time. The whole world sucks right now.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Nationalism and religion are the two most dangerous human diseases of our time.

That's my take on it, but I'm not a UK citizen :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I'm a mutt. On my moms side I have allot of Scottish in me and some German. On my dad side I have allot of Irish, some English, and a little Native american Charakee in me. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

When your last name is Banks, you know where you came from. I'm Dutch from my mother's side, Van Alstine is a dead givaway.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
We're better off without Scotland, so let them leave. It'd be a travesty of history and they'll probably end up doing an Ireland / Portugal but there we go. For the rest of us, life goes on and whiskey gets more expensive.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I have a percuniary interest (ie I bet my boss a pint of beer they would vote no) to declare. 

However I do not think Scotland would be benefited by leaving the Union. And I have been disappointed in the debate so far. Its been good that the participation rate has been so high, but for the most part the campaigns have been weak. Alexander Salmond is not a man with a plan. He wants to build a new country in 18 months and has no idea how to do it, and has been constantly vague on what it would look like. Alistair Darling, leader of Better together has zoomed in on this and criticised him for it. 

But at the heart of the campaign there has been a total failure to really talk about what this is. There is a lot of talk about next year, or the year after. But this is not about that. This is about 50 years, 100 years, 300 years. What happens tonight will be felt for literally hundreds of years. For a person living in the UK it is likely to be the most significant political event of our lifetimes. Because whatever happens the UK is going to change dramatically over the next 2 years. 

But that hasn't been talked about. There has been precious little talk about identity...do Scottish people want to stop being British? Do they want to become foreign citizens in London? Do they want English men and women working in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen immigrants? Do they want to make their fellow Scots in London, Manchester, Birmingham ex-pats? 

Fundamentally, do they want a different country? 

That question has not really been expressed and discussed and has been lost over issues such as currency and EU Membership. Which whilst they are important issues about how Scotland would look, I do not feel they reach the heart of the issue.

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

I have a percuniary interest (ie I bet my boss a pint of beer they would vote no) to declare.

On that point I do have 14p riding on a yes vote, so no matter what I'm happy at the news tomorrow.

On a side note... Why do the 50-60 other citizens of the UK have no say in the break up of our country... oh yeah... because (I'm not going to write this in case someone tries to do me for slander).

40973-detailed.png

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Thanks again Icewolf. That's what I'm looking for. 400 years ago the world was so small and identity was a big deal.

A "Yes" vote would be an emotional vote in favor of the traditional rebellious Scots that fought the English monarchy.

The world got bigger and the empire receded since the bloodbath of WWII. You would think the struggles they have had to endure through the years would have healed the wounds, and they can realize, they are family.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

On a side note... Why do the 50-60 other citizens of the UK have no say in the break up of our country... oh yeah... because (I'm not going to write this in case someone tries to do me for slander).

I agree with you Sir. 100%

I don't know if they really know what will happen... Has this been thouroughly thought through?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

"What's the point?... It's like a couple getting a divorce in their 70's" - Andrea Tantaros, FOX News

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Its going to be No. BBC national prediction is 55% NO, 45% YES. A bigger no Lead than was predicted by the eve of election polls.

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Yes I have been watching... when Dundee came in at 57% Yes, I thought it would be a long night, but No takes the prize.

Glasgow was strong for Yes. Argyll and Bute was a dead even tie, I mean exact... how did that happen?

Edinburgh just came in and nailed the coffin shut on this one. It's been fun gang.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:FS108

If i was Scottish i would vote for yes, just every other nation under the United Kingdom's Empire was split after World War 2 but why not Scotland.

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Its whatever. interesting, there techeclly even more nations, but allot of them were very small that the English ate up and absorbed. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

The Sussex Independence Campaign is gaining strength I hear :P

On another note, whilst we are on the subject of bits of the country we want to lose, we really need to do something about Peterborough. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Danvey

Danvey

Blade's Biatch.

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,484 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:554315
  • Souls Baptized:10,496
  • Squadron:Delta

The Sussex Independence Campaign is gaining strength I hear :P

On another note, whilst we are on the subject of bits of the country we want to lose, we really need to do something about Peterborough. 

WESSEX WILL BE REBORN.

(I'd say more Bradford than Peterborough...)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

[22:20:55] Deus Tonitrus: i got handcuffed today
[22:21:09] onbekende: wrong fetish room?

The young nations, they are THE future of IRON. And God knows they're very hard ****ing nuts to crack.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Now wait for westminster to fuck this up.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
As a Yank, I've been watching this with detached bemusement.

The First Minister of Scotland clearly has no idea what he's doing. He was trying to score points and promote nationalism without a plan.

David Cameron should go play the lottery. I was convinced this was gonna be a yes vote. It would have cost him his job if it did. There's lots of things still to work on from where I sit.

I'll have to watch PMQs on Wednesday. This one should be interesting. I wanna see Milliband rip Cameron apart.

I do wish MCRABT were around. I'd love to get his take.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

When your last name is Banks, you know where you came from. I'm Dutch from my mother's side, Van Alstine is a dead givaway.

I wouldn't ba so sure about being dutch with "Van Alstine", you have definate knowledge its from the netherlands? :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

If i was Scottish i would vote for yes, just every other nation under the United Kingdom's Empire was split after World War 2 but why not Scotland.

Scotland isn't a nation under the "empire"... Scotland and England joined together (with all their colonies) as one entity for many reasons largest Empire in recorded history.

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users