Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cigars, Liquor, Wine, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:130042
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

First off, this is not a thread for you to tell us that you drink Mad Dog, Thunderbird, Milwaukee's Best, or some other such beer/liquor. It is also not a thread to discuss the King Edward cigar you got from the local convenience store. I would prefer it would be more of a "hey I like this because...."  or "hey you should try this liquor/beer/cigar" and not a drinking contest.

So I quit smoking cigarettes over a year ago. I recently started smoking cigars. Recently had a A. Fuente Gran Reserva (was about $6). Really liked it, you should try one. I have been reading up on how to find all the flavors of a cigar (wood, cedar, leather, pepper, etc.) but still haven't got it all figured out yet (any suggestion is appreciated).

For tequila, there are tons of them out there. I kinda like Cabo Wabo Anejo and 1800 Anejo. Don't really like Patron, it has a very mild sweet taste/after taste. Not a big fan of sweet tastes in tequilas or liquors (but that's just me).  Not sure they would go well with cigars, tho. Still working on pairing drinks with cigars, too (again. suggestions are appreciated).

Also have an Ashton cigar sitting on the shelf, may get to that one in a week or two.

Aid Given To IRON Members--956.5 Million
Aid Given To Non-IRON Members--21 Million
Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million
300 Tech Donated to Matt Tech

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Liquor is liquor. It all does the same thing.  Tobacco I just don't see the point of.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:

All liquor is not the same, some is very good, some tastes like crap, depending on your tastes. I personally can't see why any one would drink Gin or Scotch, but some people enjoy it. I like Wild Turkey, but Jim Beam not so much.

Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:

Well, technically Wild Turkey and Jim Beam are bourbons.

Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

All liquor is not the same, some is very good, some tastes like crap, depending on your tastes. I personally can't see why any one would drink Gin or Scotch, but some people enjoy it. I like Wild Turkey, but Jim Beam not so much.

Well true. I mean expensive vodka is generally better than cheap vodka, same with anything really. Though, I'm not really too picky about brands because I'm cheap and I generally don't drink alcohol for taste, unless it's wine. I've never tried Gin, but I prefer whiskey or bourbon to anything else. Not a big fan of tequila and I especially don't like malt liquor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:

I don't really like wine. Maybe I just haven't found a good one yet. I prefer the expensive tequila (that I only get on vacation or during the rare fancy dinner). I do like the whipped cream flavored vodka, Mix it with Coke to make a vanilla Coke. Very tasty. Also saw sweet tea flavored vodka, haven't tried that yet, but it sounds good.

Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Discord ID:FS108

Try Black and milds wine flavor for a cheap cigar smoked a few my self they are great also their rum is not to bad.

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308
  • Squadron:Kilo

I drink a multitude of liquor.  

Dont know whether you can buy Drambuie in the US and if you can I would have thought its going to be expensive, for those that dont know what Drambuie is its a sweet honey/herbs flavoured whisky liqueur; I highly rate it however I personally find it a bit on the sweet side so I tend to "water it down" 50:50 with Jameson irish whisky, I have tried it with bourbon in the past and frankly it kills the Drambuie where as the smoother irish whisky puts a little bit of that whisky oomph in and takes a shit load of sweetness out.  This is known as a Rusty Nail - personally I think its worth a try and is delicious, its worth a shot when your at the bar.  I only ever add a single ice cube to bring the temperature down, too much ice and you will kill this drink.

Pernod is another one that I really enjoy but havent had in a long time.  I can drink this neat at room temperature or I find its nice on a hot day mixed with cold lemonade.  

I unfortunately smoke roll your own cigarettes as I do not like the taste of pre rolled cigarettes, tastes like burning cardboard to me; whilst I find it a filthy habit its a filthy habit that I thoroughly enjoy even if it is killing me one puff at a time, alas, nicotine addict right here.  I find American Spirit rolling tobacco to be my favourite, its a dry tobacco middle of the road strength wise and a smooth even burn to it.  It goes particularly well with smoking things that may or may not be legal in your country of origin as it gives a good consistent burn, there are no tree branches in the pouch and I just find this the best for smoking tobacco and my personal choice for mixing other things in which I would like to smoke.  

I am getting older, I am seriously considering going cold turkey from nicotine as a new years resolution.  I have already tried a number of smoking cessation aids (vape pen, patches, gum) and its all lame; well, with the possible exception of the nicotine patches which I have put on before bed for shits and giggles, totally off label use just because they give me really trippy dreams which I enjoy.  Anyone else experienced this?

Its going to suck ass giving up something I enjoy so much but it is killing me; its going to be lame :(

Also I recently purchased 14 gallon demijohns; Im going to have a go at brewing my own wine in the spring, theres a load of elderflower in my area so Im going to try making elderflower wine / elder berry wine.  May get creative and go picking blackberries, wimberries and the like as an experiment.  

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:
Don't like Drambuie. Too sweet. But I am going to try it again with the Irish whiskey.
Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

Let me know how it goes :)

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord Bagel

Lord Bagel

Cast IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 544 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:497819
  • Souls Baptized:588,474
Recently i have been drinking a lot of Kraken Rum. I usually don't go for rum but the molasses is just so sweet that i usually have a glass a night. My favorite beer currently is the Newcastle Werewolf. I really don't like fruity things but the berry is delicious in werewolf and i highly recommend it

For cigars, A Fuente is my go to usually. I don't know much about cigars so i can't vouch so much for it

itsbageltime.jpg

LordEmperor

LordEmperor

The ex-Headmaster

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,386 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:256396
  • Souls Baptized:5,312,827

I hate smoke-products. Puff cookies are just... bad. Smells bad, it leaves bad odor on you, and etc. Unfortunately, some of my closest friends and colleagues are still smokers and I can't seem to get around it though.........

As for liquor, I love beer, wine, and blended whiskey. I love trying out different kinds of beer, but for wine, I like to keep it red and probably origined from Spain, Argentina, Chile, or California. Now that's generalization. As for whiskey, I like Royal Salute and Johnny Walker. Older the better for me, but keeping it at 21 years is most affordable at this point for my Royal Salute taste.

Oh... I don't like patron, but my friends keep insisting, so I do drink that once and awhile when we all go out...

eadmaster of the Academy, Kilo CO, Echo CO/XO/MS, Recruiting Director, Deputy Postmaster General,
Presidium, Trading Post Director, Recruiter, Maintainer, Award Panel, Admission Staff, Student of the Month, and Diplomat
IRON Member of the Month for January 2013; Longest Serving Commanding Officer

In charge of; Great Chosun Empire
Infinite Glory and Honor of IRON beyond Mere Imagination

Pre-M.P. - 435,930 Attacking + 1,257,468 Defending = 1,693,398 Casualties (4.09%)
Post-M.P. - 1,455,463 Attacking + 2,734,186 Defending = 4,189,649 Casualties (6.74%)

Currently - 1,884,874 Attacking + 3,427,953 Defending = 5,312,827 Casualties (21.19%)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ivan V

Ivan V

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,098 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:334506
  • Souls Baptized:1,978,190

I drink a multitude of liquor.  

Jameson irish whisky

You and I could get along, I love Jameson.

As for quitting smoking, the only way to do it is just straight up cold turkey, man.  Talking from personal experience.  The first week sucks big time but once you make it past it, you should be pretty much home free.

As for liquor, I drink all sorts of things.  Recently I've been getting back into schnapps, Rumpelminze in particular.  Rumpelminze is a fairly strong 100 proof.  Sweet, but chasable with water.  Still can't replace whisky/whiskey, though, that's my #1.

Beer is always good.  Newcastle and Guinness are my go-to beers, although I do like to taste different craft brews and brews/beer types from all over the world.  Kriek and fruit lambics from Belgium are pretty good, great to chill on for a warm day like a sangria.

Ivan V, Emperor of The Empire of Yuzhnoye Primorye
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:

Recently i have been drinking a lot of Kraken Rum. I usually don't go for rum but the molasses is just so sweet that i usually have a glass a night. My favorite beer currently is the Newcastle Werewolf. I really don't like fruity things but the berry is delicious in werewolf and i highly recommend it

For cigars, A Fuente is my go to usually. I don't know much about cigars so i can't vouch so much for it

Had one of the Fuente's. I liked it. Recently had a Jericho Hill that was really good. Also try you one of the Oliva Connecticut's, they are on the mild side, but I really like them, although they seem to burn really fast.

Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

I used to have a Cuban boss. 

Instead of beer or liquor, we'd get a box of 5 Cohibas from Havana.  Which, being as I live in the US, you otherwise can't get.

I miss those days.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

It's been a while since I've had Kraken. Yum. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

welder572

welder572

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 3,597 posts
  • Resources:

Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon........Keep it in the freezer with a glass. Good stuff with a Jericho Hill cigar.

Soldiers Given--178,000
Aid Received--41 Million

Tech Donated--750

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

linpingping1314520

linpingping1314520

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 54 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:000000

delete

Edited by DeathMerchant, 08 October 2017 - 05:17 PM.
Spam. Needs deletion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users