Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sydney Hostage Crisis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I pray and hope for all those who are affected by this tragedy including our very IRON brothers and sisters out there. I hope the world would be able to learn from this. I hope we can able to prevent further crises such as this. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sydney_hostage_crisis

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/16/world/asia/sydney-australia-hostages.html?_r=0

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-australia-suspect-20141216-story.html

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheWanderer

TheWanderer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,136 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540466
  • Souls Baptized:1,106,444
  • Squadron:Alpha

If anyone is interested, have a look at the #iwillridewithyou twitter trend happening in Australia at the moment. Ordinary Australians are offering support to their Muslim brothers and sisters by sitting with them on trains and walking with them on streets so that they feel safe from any potential backlash.

I had the pleasure of living in Australia for 3 years when I was in my early 20's. They are a class act. My thoughts are with them.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I agree with you. that is the right idea to solve it not spark backlashes.  It was this radicalized mentally guy that took action on his own, despite the Australian authorities knew him? 

I don't know if he was influenced by terrorists groups probably but  he was politically motivated to do this decision on his own. 

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Spaztik Muffin

Spaztik Muffin

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 408 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346142
  • Souls Baptized:2,772,358
  • Squadron:Kilo

it is indeed at tragedy felt by us all over the country

i thought that there would be some backlash as we have done it in the past

but the ordinary person is showing the kindness of man to the rest of the world

sad yet very proud to be an aussie ATM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo

Shocking and sad, I was there as an exchange student, beautiful country and great people. The person who carried out this attack came in as a refugee, and this is how he repays them, absolutely ungrateful and pointless hatred. I recall having walked through some of these streets on CBD. #illridewithyou just shows how awesome the people are and how hospitalable they were when I was there. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users