Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sigh ISIS - here we go again [NSFW]

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Lanyaie

Lanyaie

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 243 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:532122
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

obviously nswf (Not Safe For Work)

21 beheaded apparently....

Meanwhile I still don't see much action being taken against them.

Edited by Samus, 16 February 2015 - 10:49 AM.
Added spoilers

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516

Yeah. And did you hear there were some ISIS fighters trying to an attack an airbase in Iraq? http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/world/middleeast/clashes-continue-in-iraq-near-base-of-us-troops.html?_r=0

We may be going in again. 

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

:(

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

http://www.dumpert.nl/embed/6639940/a154d1f0/  obviously nswf

21 beheaded apparently....

Meanwhile I still don't see much action being taken against them.

Is this supposed to be news? 21 people? That's not even bad compared to hundreds they've already murdered in cold blood....

Let them solve their own fucking problems. If the Iraqi people can't fight and earn their own future, that's their own problem. We can't just jump in and save every motherfucker in the world from lunatics. We can't even do it in our own nation, why should we be doing it in another?

Freedom is best appreciated when earned. Our jumping in to save their sorry asses will only result in an exact repeat. My opinion is not your opinion. What makes you think the case is different on a vastly larger scale?

Yeah. And did you hear there were some ISIS fighters trying to an attack an airbase in Iraq? http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/world/middleeast/clashes-continue-in-iraq-near-base-of-us-troops.html?_r=0

We may be going in again. 

They took over 1/3 of Iraq and 1/3 of Syria in a single day. What makes a single air field they can't even use a big difference?

None of this is even news. It's just a bunch of pencil pushing desk sitting war monger media cunts calling for a war because hey, it's something interesting to report on. Screw all the dead. They're just statistics and the images of their corpses make for good gritty coverage that people will watch and get emotional over.

Well, guess what? I'm emotional over it. I have very close family and friends in the military and I might actually freak the fuck out if this goes any further. Same for Ukraine. Fuck our government and their self interested bullshit, throwing away lives for the sake of looking powerful on the world stage.

My family is not there for them to boast their fucking egos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Perez

Perez

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 582 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:539807
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

Take it easy, the US wont send ground troops in an active duty there. They have said it like a hundred times. The only thing the US is doing is assisting Irak with air superiority, surveillance and training. 

"%20alt=

Halo 5 f@%ing HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Athermonuke

Athermonuke

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,365 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:498435
  • Souls Baptized:2,803,898

arm the Kurds and give them Iraq.  Situation will settle down after a couple months.

Posted Image

I told my therapist I was having nightmares about nuclear explosions. He said don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Not cool bro, you can steal a heart from a human or a brain from a zombie but how in the hell do you dare take rum from a pirate thats just not oh kay.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Perez

Perez

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 582 posts
  • Resources:

I have actually thought of that many times, it would be a great way to settle things. I mean the kurds has some claims in Irak and Syria, so it would mean they can take some territory of the Syrian Regime as well. Eventually both Isis and the Regime would fall with the help of US and NSA. 

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheWanderer

TheWanderer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,136 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540466
  • Souls Baptized:1,106,444

There's no easy fix for this situation now, or ever. Iraq is a mess and will remain a mess for a long time to come, and I'm sure we can all have a lengthy debate about why that's the case.

There will be more videos and shootings, more random acts of 'terror', Islamaphobia will spread like wildfire, and the West as well as the stable countries in the Middle East (Iran, Israel) will continue to pursue their self-interest via differeing levels of dicreet and indiscreet intervention.

I would love to come up with something more eloquent or poetic, but suffice to say it's a giant clusterfuck shit show. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Owney

Owney

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,522 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:137509
  • Souls Baptized:3,745,946
  • Squadron:Kilo

I approve of Obama's recent proposal of military action NOT involving US troops on the ground to senselessly lose their lives in another military quagmire. We need to continue bombing, assisting allies in the area and encouraging them to become more and more involved in solving it for themselves. We don't need to spend trillions more on a boots on the ground conflict which won't solve anything anyway, as even is ISIS is defeated someone else will take their place.(Al-Qaeda, even the Taliban is back in business and murdering people, or a new group will always emerge imo) The middle east needs to patrol and control their own region, and the 40-50 majority muslim countries in the world need to properly deal with the extremists who are giving their faith a terrible name.

Baptized by fire and blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

There's no easy fix for this situation now, or ever. Iraq is a mess and will remain a mess for a long time to come, and I'm sure we can all have a lengthy debate about why that's the case.

There will be more videos and shootings, more random acts of 'terror', Islamaphobia will spread like wildfire, and the West as well as the stable countries in the Middle East (Iran, Israel) will continue to pursue their self-interest via differeing levels of dicreet and indiscreet intervention.

I would love to come up with something more eloquent or poetic, but suffice to say it's a giant clusterfuck shit show. We'll have to see how this plays out.

I approve of Obama's recent proposal of military action NOT involving US troops on the ground to senselessly lose their lives in another military quagmire. We need to continue bombing, assisting allies in the area and encouraging them to become more and more involved in solving it for themselves. We don't need to spend trillions more on a boots on the ground conflict which won't solve anything anyway, as even is ISIS is defeated someone else will take their place.(Al-Qaeda, even the Taliban is back in business and murdering people, or a new group will always emerge imo) The middle east needs to patrol and control their own region, and the 40-50 majority muslim countries in the world need to properly deal with the extremists who are giving their faith a terrible name.

Both excellent replies & opinions.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

Hello, this is Libya, not IS. Its a fangroup.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

Take it easy, the US wont send ground troops in an active duty there. They have said it like a hundred times. The only thing the US is doing is assisting Irak with air superiority, surveillance and training. 

Fuck Iraq. The Shia government in the east has already lost all credibility in the eyes of both Sunnis and Kurds. I don't think there is any repairing that.

The only involvement I'm OK with is arming the Kurds. Air strikes and training can be handled by the people actually there. Like Jordan. Jordan is always boasting it's military. They're obsessed with it. Let them prove their worth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

James

James

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,152 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:002621

arm the Kurds and give them Iraq.  Situation will settle down after a couple months.

I have actually thought of that many times, it would be a great way to settle things. I mean the kurds has some claims in Irak and Syria, so it would mean they can take some territory of the Syrian Regime as well. Eventually both Isis and the Regime would fall with the help of US and NSA. 

NATO won't let that happen. Turkey will not fork up their south-east region. If Syria-Iraq Kurdistan exist it will give the South-East a base to sustain a big revolution. Same with Iran. It took NATO all of it's will power to justify letting 100 Kurds from Turkey into Syria to prevent a genocidal slaughter in Kobani. The west hates Kurdistan just a litttttle less than they do ISIS. Impractical, not going to happen.

The Kurds were created by the Soviets.

The United States will not let the two countries (Saudi Arabia and Iran) get involved on the level that they want too. We like the stale mate, and we like the region destabilized and killing each other. The logic goes, we keep you alive you give us your oil. This is how the United States has created so many monsters. They will come after the west in force eventually.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
The west hates Kurdistan just a litttttle less than they do ISIS. Impractical, not going to happen.

The Kurds were not created by the Soviets... Where the hell did you get that from? The Kurds are an ancient people far older than Iraq, USSR or any western nation. And we don't hate them. We're rather fond of them in comparison to their neighbors.

The United States will not let the two countries (Saudi Arabia and Iran)
get involved on the level that they want too. We like the stale mate,
and we like the region destabilized and killing each other. The logic
goes, we keep you alive you give us your oil. This is how the United
States has created so many monsters. They will come after the west in
force eventually.

Umyeahno... We don't want the area destabilized. We want the opposite so we can actually access said oil. That's why we propped up the government we did. And the US has no control over whether Iran and Saudi Arabia to get involved. Iran is already quite involved in the situation. More so than we are, and for good reason. IS is quite literally waging war against Iran as we speak. They HAVE to be involved.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Perez

Perez

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 582 posts
  • Resources:

Fuck Iraq. The Shia government in the east has already lost all credibility in the eyes of both Sunnis and Kurds. I don't think there is any repairing that.

The only involvement I'm OK with is arming the Kurds. Air strikes and training can be handled by the people actually there. Like Jordan. Jordan is always boasting it's military. They're obsessed with it. Let them prove their worth.

And I agree with you on that. It is the best choice.

And this is for  you James (they might not get independence but UK, Germany and Italy are surely arming and training them):  http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/06/world/meast/isis-coalition-nations/index.html

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

This is not an entirely serious comment

Spoiler

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

I'm afraid it's a loose / loose situation. Fuck Iraq? Iraq falling into ISIS hands. Nuking them? Would cause a serious outrage in arabic world - add 100.000 extremist recruits to their cause and create a big headache for Western diplomacy. Support Kurds, ok but they won't be able to solve problem - Turkey will not let them grow to strong.

They're like growing ulcer right now and there's no way to stop them. USA is the only one that could try, but frankly they can't afford to get into one more full scale war at this point. I don't think they'll spread much further however as they're to weak to dominate Middle East. What I'm concerned with is that they'll endure and spread their influence in the region. And if they manage to infect Pakistan it will be a game changer for much worse.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I'm afraid it's a loose / loose situation. Fuck Iraq? Iraq falling into ISIS hands. Nuking them? Would cause a serious outrage in arabic world - add 100.000 extremist recruits to their cause and create a big headache for Western diplomacy. Support Kurds, ok but they won't be able to solve problem - Turkey will not let them grow to strong.

They're like growing ulcer right now and there's no way to stop them. USA is the only one that could try, but frankly they can't afford to get into one more full scale war at this point. I don't think they'll spread much further however as they're to weak to dominate Middle East. What I'm concerned with is that they'll endure and spread their influence in the region. And if they manage to infect Pakistan it will be a game changer for much worse.

Indeed... could you imagine the potential for carnage if they got hold of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal? Or even just the equipment for a partially modernised army? 

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

NATO won't let that happen. Turkey will not fork up their south-east region. If Syria-Iraq Kurdistan exist it will give the South-East a base to sustain a big revolution. Same with Iran. It took NATO all of it's will power to justify letting 100 Kurds from Turkey into Syria to prevent a genocidal slaughter in Kobani. The west hates Kurdistan just a litttttle less than they do ISIS. Impractical, not going to happen.

The United States will not let the two countries (Saudi Arabia and Iran) get involved on the level that they want too. We like the stale mate, and we like the region destabilized and killing each other. The logic goes, we keep you alive you give us your oil. This is how the United States has created so many monsters. They will come after the west in force eventually.

Middle East politics is much more than USA letting or not someone do something. Even if we assume they've been behind past years turmoil, situation has long ago got out of their control. Extremists in Syria were armed to fight Assad but they backfired and became independent player. We can obviously assume it was all orchestrated by some powers for some unknown goals, but the history shows otherwise.

Truth is no one is really interested (maybe apart from Iran) in taking out ISIS completely. Definitely not Turkey, not Saudi Arabia. West is terrified with their f...up but they are not ready to pay the political price (and let's be honest, there's no real western leader currently, no real personality that could get them together).

Kurds will be given help as much as possible in a given situation (no matter Turkish feud - though it's reducing possible aid volume significantly) because they're small pill of aspirin - they won't save middle east but will ease the pain for some time. Past soviet affiliation plays no role (they're perceived as tools and the only thing western countries may hate is lack of money).

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

Indeed... could you imagine the potential for carnage if they got hold of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal? Or even just the equipment for a partially modernised army? 

I don't want to be a doomsayer, but I seriously wonder if world "when" isn't more suitable here.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users