Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The realization/paradox thread

paradox fun Spam Ham

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

mariomario190-

mariomario190-

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 926 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582927
  • Souls Baptized:133,545
Thought i'd make a new forum game.

Post funny or 'wtf' realizations or paradoxes that you've come across or thought of!

I'll start.

This Statement is False

19 Wars declared for IRON, 1 NUKE eaten. God made man, Everything else was made in China. Diego of China.

"%20alt=

mariomario190-

mariomario190-

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 926 posts
  • Resources:

I know that I know nothing at all.

19 Wars declared for IRON, 1 NUKE eaten. God made man, Everything else was made in China. Diego of China.

"%20alt=

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo

5212cbcd530cebab896f5f63671f104d.jpg

Edited by ccabal86, 27 March 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

emudevelopment

emudevelopment

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,144 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588279
  • Souls Baptized:Enough
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

1354109119997608.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

emudevelopment

emudevelopment

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,144 posts
  • Resources:

Oh and this one!

funny-paradox-question-riddle.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mariomario190-

mariomario190-

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 926 posts
  • Resources:
Lol! Loving the responses! Ok, here's one.

Your mission is to not accept the mission. Do you accept?

"%20alt=

emudevelopment

emudevelopment

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,144 posts
  • Resources:

dKxUI.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

emudevelopment

emudevelopment

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,144 posts
  • Resources:

The Opposite of Pro Is Con. Does that mean the opposite of progress is congress.

Not really a paradox but hillarious!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

dKxUI.jpg

true

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord Lee

Lord Lee

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 123 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:578973
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha
Answer truthfully (yes or no):
Will your next word be no?

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534338
  • Souls Baptized:773,445

dKxUI.jpg

true

I blame the proliferation of HR departments doing the hiring. If you don't have the right keywords, they will bypass you even if you're a viable candidate. That's why it's always good to ask if you can talk to members of the team. If they're working over 50 hours a week and you semi-know what you're talking about, they will demand that HR hire you.

Or you can search through your pro-social hobbies for both references and skill-sets. My marketing experience as a semi-indie writer has helped me fill out softer skills, while still letting me have fun at conventions.

Here's a paradox:

Man 1: "I major in art history." 

Man 2: "There's a lot of people that do that. What do you plan to do?"

Man 1: "Well, there's not a lot of actual jobs, but I think I'll continue into academia."

Man 2: "So, you plan to get a job teaching others a field that only allows them to directly compete with you for limited tenure positions."

Man 1: "Well, I'll have a phD and thousands of dollars in debt. That'll get me something"

Man 2: "I have a bachelors, no debt, and own a house."

Man 1: "Fuck you! I understand the overarching gestalt of post-impressionism."

Man 2: "Oh, I got that book, too. It fits really well in my library and gives me something to talk about at my art-appreciation meetups."

Man 1: "..."

Man 2: "And you're the smart one getting the phD."

Man 1: "I hate you."

Hippie Warrior

tumblr_ltn48fQZK51qlktl7o1_500.gif

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

dKxUI.jpg

true

I blame the proliferation of HR departments doing the hiring. If you don't have the right keywords, they will bypass you even if you're a viable candidate. That's why it's always good to ask if you can talk to members of the team. If they're working over 50 hours a week and you semi-know what you're talking about, they will demand that HR hire you.

Or you can search through your pro-social hobbies for both references and skill-sets. My marketing experience as a semi-indie writer has helped me fill out softer skills, while still letting me have fun at conventions.

Here's a paradox:

Man 1: "I major in art history." 

Man 2: "There's a lot of people that do that. What do you plan to do?"

Man 1: "Well, there's not a lot of actual jobs, but I think I'll continue into academia."

Man 2: "So, you plan to get a job teaching others a field that only allows them to directly compete with you for limited tenure positions."

Man 1: "Well, I'll have a phD and thousands of dollars in debt. That'll get me something"

Man 2: "I have a bachelors, no debt, and own a house."

Man 1: "Fuck you! I understand the overarching gestalt of post-impressionism."

Man 2: "Oh, I got that book, too. It fits really well in my library and gives me something to talk about at my art-appreciation meetups."

Man 1: "..."

Man 2: "And you're the smart one getting the phD."

Man 1: "I hate you."

This is very true about HR departments

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
To be born is to be handed a death sentence.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534338
  • Souls Baptized:773,445

dKxUI.jpg

true

This is very true about HR departments

The primary way to combat this is to list project experience rather than or as well as work experience, especially for professional jobs. There's a reason schools try to assign you four or five group projects in your academic career. Those projects are resume fodder that can provide you the keywords and experience to get hired. And always try to keep in contact with one or two of your project partners. Those will be excellent references who are not related to you and have first-hand knowledge of your work ethic, which is what employers really want to know from references. 

Businesses are project-oriented nowadays. They would rather know specific cases where you have used your skills, because that is more believable than generic phrases by a job title.

To be born is to be handed a death sentence.

Nice.

Hippie Warrior

tumblr_ltn48fQZK51qlktl7o1_500.gif

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

Dogma

Dogma

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 107 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:608616

If I can't enter an exit then why does the door open when I try to enter the exit. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

No one goes to that bar, because it's too busy.

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

the more you fail, the more likely you are to succeed 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dogma

Dogma

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 107 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:608616

labels that say don't try this at home

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

IM NEVER DRUNK BECAUSE BEER IS IN MY BLOOD

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yggdrazil

Yggdrazil

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,362 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:257166
  • Squadron:Delta

Light speed is 186284 miles per second and no matter how far it travels, it finds dark got their first.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter