Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Poll of the Day: Marvel vs DC Comics - Wednesday, May 13th

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Marvel Vs. DC (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Which comic-based universe is better?

1. Marvel (38 votes [79.17%])

Percentage of vote: 79.17%

2. DC (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Third King

Third King

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 6,250 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:352151
  • Souls Baptized:4,287,567
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Today's poll is pretty straightforward - are you a Marvel or DC fan?

dcmarvel-01.jpg

Kicking this much ass makes me warm and fuzzy.
Third King you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo

The Avengers franchise and its constituents far outstrip the Justice League and it's various members.

Let's take a look at some of the more notable franchises and heroes that belong to each universe:

dc-comics.jpg

DC Comics

Superman

Supergirl

Batman

Batgirl

Wonder Woman

The Flash

Green Lantern

Aquaman

Catwoman

Hawkgirl

The Green Arrow

MarvelHeader.jpg

Marvel

Captain America

Ironman

Thor

The Hulk

Spiderman

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Vision

X-Men

Guardians of the Galaxy

Antman

Fantastic Four

Punisher

Deadpool

The Inhumans

Black Bolt

While both comic universes have various types of superheroes, more of marvel's mainstream heroes are self-made. They were not all born into super families in some distant universe. While characters like Thor do come from such noble stock, there are the characters like Ironman, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, the Hulk, Spiderman and several others who were born as normal human beings and either became superheroes by their own ingenuity or through some form of catastrophic/fantastic event happening to them. Seeing the things that these heroes accomplish gives any fan the hope that extraordinary things can happen and that anyone can be a "hero".

One of the reasons that there hasn't really ever been a "good" Superman movie is that as far as heroes go.. he's just boring. He is invincible to anything and everything except for kryptonite, which always makes an appearance and slightly hinders him, but is not a powerful enough substance to ever actually cause doubt or a feeling of real invulnerability. On the other hand, just about every Marvel character has at one time or another seemed to be vulnerable. It makes them feel a bit more.. real.

I don't think it's a mistake that a larger majority of Marvel's heroes are more well known or that the universe has exploded in the last 10 years to produce as many blockbuster motion pictures as it has: The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ironman 1-3, Thor 1-2, Captain America 1-2, Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men movies.

On the other hand, the three Christopher Nolan Batman movies were all pretty good (whether or not you enjoyed Christian Bale's portrayal of the Dark Knight is another issue). These three movies by far have been DC's most successful venture into the cinematic industry, while other ventures such as the Superman movies and the Green Lantern have failed. Now, perhaps this was the result of poor writing or directing, or perhaps of poor acting by the various people cast as DC's beloved superheroes, but I would argue it's more likely due to DC's characters being generally less interesting than Marvel's.

Winner: Marvel.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I agree, Marvel FTW!

Now, if only I could vote for it. Your forums say I don't have permission ;(

ftwsig02canik.png

Kriegsdrachen

Kriegsdrachen

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 20 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:571302
  • Souls Baptized:2,628,947

I'm not allowed to vote :(

I'm not a huge fan of the recent Marvel wave, as large as it has gotten, but I really do prefer their heroes and universe.  Batman has his charms, but I was never a fan of Superman, and no one else really stands out.

Posted Image

mariomario190-

mariomario190-

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 926 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582927
  • Souls Baptized:133,545
Why should this be a poll? It's obviously Marvel!!!! DC makes their characters too perfect.
19 Wars declared for IRON, 1 NUKE eaten. God made man, Everything else was made in China. Diego of China.

"%20alt=

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

If not for Batman it would indeed be Marvel.

But Batman does excist, so >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

I agree, Marvel FTW!

I'm not a huge fan of the recent Marvel wave, as large as it has gotten, but I really do prefer their heroes and universe.  Batman has his charms, but I was never a fan of Superman, and no one else really stands out.

fixed :D

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

murphpk

murphpk

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,648 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:223316
  • Souls Baptized:3,094,649

has to be Marvel just for IronMan

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Manga. :V

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Only real character of DC i ever liked was Batman and Flash some.  Marvel easily wins

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

I really feel like I'm missing out on something when it comes to Marvel/DC. It's never been something I was into, but it's so popular with tons of movies, comic books and other media created on it. I remember when the Thor movie came out and everyone was excited. I watched it and it almost ruined my idea of the actual Thor from Viking legend. It wasn't a bad movie, really, but it also wasn't what I think of when I think "Thor."

The Batman movies weren't bad. I remember watching the older ones when I was kid, but the whole "American super hero" theme is never something I've found very appealing. Not bad, but not appealing either.

I think my first experience with comics were Japanese manga back in grade school and I kinda fell in love with the art. I often found myself reading manga that I actually thought was rather dumb, just because I liked the art style, and I would always find myself picking out the fine details that differentiate each artist. In fact, I still have old manga lying around that I can't get people to even take for free because it's just that lame. 

But the art is good. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

Anyone here been watching the Daredevil series?

Pretty awesome!

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

59041558.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Big Ego

Big Ego

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 233 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527310
  • Souls Baptized:Millions

I agree, Marvel FTW!

fixed :D

YAy! Thank you Shamus!

ftwsig02canik.png

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

o/

Also Marvel :3

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

o/ Marvel ... again >.<

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Spaztik Muffin

Spaztik Muffin

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 408 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346142
  • Souls Baptized:2,772,358

im a marvel fanboy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Conkerinu

Conkerinu

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 32 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:578611

All the recent filmology will lead most people towards Marvel comics.

If you actually get into the comics for what they are you won't really care which is better because both put out some amazing characters that push our imaginations to new bounds. ^^

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

Anime.  :Toot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

FS108

FS108

Herder of War Dogs

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,332 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:485655
  • Souls Baptized:1,131,967
  • Discord ID:FS108

None but the movie Kick-Ass was quite good, don't take this the hard way haven't seen dead pool yet. Is it any good?

Death Before Dishonor

Spoiler

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users