Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars Battlefront

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:
  • Squadron:Kilo

http://imgur.com/gallery/ib8nW

Saw some guy posted a graphics mod.

Looks amazing, click to zoom in. Unfortunately, running the mod can decrease FPS by 30-40.

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

I saw that. Expect this for people running 2x-4x SLI cards. That would realistically be the only way to get consistent and stable gameplay. If you have noticed within the past year, we are getting to the point where software is starting to push the limits on current hardware. Hardware companies have traditionally slowly increased performance so as to milk the market for as long as possible. Now with 4K monitors, large TVs being used as monitors, and games with high graphical options, hardware developers are being put in a position where they are almost forced to significantly increase performance due to the ever demanding software. I expect the next couple years to be very interesting.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Don't say that now! I just bought my 980ti. It better not be out of date this time next year! lol

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Just wait for Nvidia Pascal to come sometime 2016. With its sharing of CPU load, its really going to be a gamechanger. 980 and 980 TI will be good for a few years as they are powerful cards. But 970 or lower will likely run into VRAM issues in the near future (given its partial slower RAM speeds).

2016 is going to be an exciting year for GPUs.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

It will be! They're starting to crank out the technology they've been hiding. In the past couple of years, most companies had been siphoning out their products, to increase income. Now that games (as above) and higher-end programs are requiring increased performance, they have little choice but to meet the demand. About time, I'd say!

Samsung and Intel just released their new SSD, it's m.2 & AIC format. With read speeds up to 2500 Mb/s and writing up to 1200+ MB/s. That's 5 times or more than some SSDs on the market. Needless to say, I don't think you'll ever see a loading screen again. :)

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

It will be! They're starting to crank out the technology they've been hiding. In the past couple of years, most companies had been siphoning out their products, to increase income. Now that games (as above) and higher-end programs are requiring increased performance, they have little choice but to meet the demand. About time, I'd say!

Exactly why I haven't bought any major hardware since 2012, I just overclock if I need a small performance boost. The cost to performance ratio isn't great at the moment (unless you come across a good deal or big sale) and my older hardware does just fine.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

I remember I first saw footage of SWB III and was super psyched. Thinking back, I'm so bummed this never came out. This new game looks alright, but it lacks so much. From what I know, the original studio was unable to fix various bugs and glitches in time, and the whole project ended up being scrapped. I honestly think it would have done so much better.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Hey, It's an EA title. I feared the game would end up being gutted and soulless and it did.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Most EA games, aside from sports games, lack the intensity other studios present. Might just be opinion, though.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I remember I first saw footage of SWB III and was super psyched. Thinking back, I'm so bummed this never came out. This new game looks alright, but it lacks so much. From what I know, the original studio was unable to fix various bugs and glitches in time, and the whole project ended up being scrapped. I honestly think it would have done so much better.

Sadly we will likely never know how awesome that game would have been. But there is a possible alternative in the near future.

If you are familiar with the upcoming crowdfunded game Star Citizen, there are people who are looking to do Star Wars mods on private servers. Boarding ships, planetside combat, dog fights, operating capitol ships, all of which is going to get ported into a mod(s). I would say that after about a solid year when Star Citizen comes out of Beta, we should have a decent working Star Wars mod. Star Citizen is truly going to be an epic experience and I can't wait to see what the modding community produces.

To name a few popular mods we will likely see:

Star Wars

Star Trek

Firefly

Warhammer 40k

Star Craft

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Most EA games, aside from sports games, lack the intensity other studios present. Might just be opinion, though.

It's a very widely shared opinion, as far as I can tell. But admittedly I have an everlasting disdain for them for what they did to C&C.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

I'm really anticipating star citizen. It does have so much potential, Star Wars mods would be so nice!

I think the first C&C I played was the one by EA and I didn't really like it... hehe..

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

I think the first C&C I played was the one by EA and I didn't really like it... hehe..

C&C: Tiberium Wars and C&C: Kane's Wrath was also made by EA, but they were still considered pretty good by the community. Then came C&C: Tiberian Twilight and they killed the franchise with it it. Don't know which one you've played, the last one didn't have bases or resource gathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Full 4K running at 60fps, so sexy.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

If only the game actually had some meat to its bones. I passed it up because it just doesn't offer enough based on the current price. I feel like I would get bored of it after a week or two.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

If only the game actually had some meat to its bones. I passed it up because it just doesn't offer enough based on the current price. I feel like I would get bored of it after a week or two.

same, beta was really fun, but I got bored after a few hours

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

It's obvious EA just wants to cash in on The Force Awakens. The target audience is Star Wars fans, not gamers. Expect the same bare minimum as each new movie comes out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users