Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PC>Console

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:
  • Squadron:Kilo

Specs?

Current rig:

i7 4790K @4Ghz (4.5Ghz OC)

(w/ Corsair H100i)

Gigabyte GA-Z97X (Black Edition MB)

32 GB DD3 SDRAM @1688

EVGA GTX 980ti (6GB/1100Mhz)

EVGA 750w Modular PS

1x Samsung EVO 500gb SSD

1x Samsung EVO 240gb SSD

1x Intel 730 240gb SSD

1x SanDisk Ultra II 480gb SSD

I just finished getting the last parts (980ti, +RAM, +SSDs) so I'll post a picture tonight after configuring everything.

Old pic

I have a second rig, but I don't know the specs off the top of my head. Will share that one soon too. :)

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

PC Master Race FTW

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
This is common knowledge

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

the fuck you need all that power for

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

My PC is starting to freeze when I do to much stuff >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

the fuck you need all that power for

Simply because you want all that power?

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

^ Blade knows what's up

I wasn't able to configure my SSDs correctly. I'm too tired to do any more work on it right now. I've decided to toss the intel into my laptop and the SanDisk into my PS4. It's a bitch to set up in the rig with the SSDs flat in front of the MB. I said fuck it with the cable management, but I know I'll be back to fix them in the morning. lol

Here's a quick pic: In the dark

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Cable management is the reason why I don't build my PCs myself. I'd rather pay someone to do it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

^ Blade knows what's up

I wasn't able to configure my SSDs correctly. I'm too tired to do any more work on it right now. I've decided to toss the intel into my laptop and the SanDisk into my PS4. It's a bitch to set up in the rig with the SSDs flat in front of the MB. I said fuck it with the cable management, but I know I'll be back to fix them in the morning. lol

I have up trying to get my SSD somewhere sensible so it now just hangs free beneath the GPU xD.

THat's the nice thing with SSD's though... just leave them haning / stuff them in any old place... very little eat production, so long as your cables are nicely out of the way who cares?

My only concern with that build, is 1.5TB enough for you?

My steam library alone is about 0.9-1TB xD

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Cable management is the reason why I don't build my PCs myself. I'd rather pay someone to do it

That's the main reason I chose my case. It has no actual CD/DVD drive, so 25% of the inside can't be seen there. The bottom with the power supply is completely covered. All you see is cables coming from the back directly into the port so it's very neat. However, once you set up all the cables, and have to add new ones.... things get messy again until you fix em'. Still, with a case like this, you really don't need to!

^ Blade knows what's up

I have up trying to get my SSD somewhere sensible so it now just hangs free beneath the GPU xD.

THat's the nice thing with SSD's though... just leave them haning / stuff them in any old place... very little eat production, so long as your cables are nicely out of the way who cares?

My only concern with that build, is 1.5TB enough for you?

My steam library alone is about 0.9-1TB xD

I have a 120Mb/s down, so I just re-download anything I need. Usually doesn't ever take long. I do plan on moving my PS4's and Laptop's HDD's over, so I'll have an extra gig there on HDD should I need it. If I don't use it, I delete it. lol Doesn't work well if if your internet isn't up there though, I've tried it...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

That's the main reason I chose my case. It has no actual CD/DVD drive, so 25% of the inside can't be seen there. The bottom with the power supply is completely covered. All you see is cables coming from the back directly into the port so it's very neat. However, once you set up all the cables, and have to add new ones.... things get messy again until you fix em'. Still, with a case like this, you really don't need to!

Interesting! Going to invest in a new PC soon, so I'll look at what options I have then

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_sasuke

I can't wait for nvidia pascal even though I've just bought my 970 last year :V

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

I've always favored consoles for the convenience, but I'm entirely disappointed with the new generation of consoles. Pretty sure that if I decide to throw money into an upgrade, I'm switching to PC.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

I've always favored consoles for the convenience, but I'm entirely disappointed with the new generation of consoles. Pretty sure that if I decide to throw money into an upgrade, I'm switching to PC.

I'd understand if you were referring to the xbone alone, but what are you disappointed about with the PS4?

PS4's continously developing.

Now we're able to get backwards compatibility - access to game titles from (PS2 & PS3)

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

I'd understand if you were referring to the xbone alone, but what are you disappointed about with the PS4?

Now we're able to get backwards compatibility - access to game titles from (PS2 & PS3)

The PS4 is the primary issue I'm having. I mean the system sounds fucking great, for sure. But then they decided to start charging people for PSN. That's the biggest reason I don't already have one. I can barely afford getting jacked around by my ISP every few months. Last thing I need is another monthly bill. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

The PS4 is the primary issue I'm having. I mean the system sounds fucking great, for sure. But then they decided to start charging people for PSN. That's the biggest reason I don't already have one. I can barely afford getting jacked around by my ISP every few months. Last thing I need is another monthly bill. 

You pay £35/year, get fast dedicated servers, get 30+ free games (for PS4 which you can keep for a lifetime, more if you have a PS3 or a Vita), constantly new updates/features, 15gb online cloud game data backup, exclusive discounts, exclusive access to game beta's, access to older game titles for legacy systems.

Metal Gear Solid V, was £50 a month or two ago. Because i'm a PS+ member, I can pick it up for £25, that's 50% off. I could almost break even on that purchase alone.

The free games alone is worth more than the £35, not to mention the tonnes of other things.

It's the same as if you want to play multiplayer on a PC, there are always going to be pre-requisites. Electricity bill, internet bill etc. Of course you'd probably have these anyway, but they are still pre-requisites to play. The same as PS+ subscription is.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Commander Shepard

Commander Shepard

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 4,871 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449726
  • Souls Baptized:3,970,043

Consoles are obviously the better gaming experience overall.

PC's are only good for RPG's and MMORPG's and some select games when mods are good. Not to say it isn't worth it.

I would pay for a top end PC just to see some high definition sexy females in Skyrim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:

You pay £35/year, get fast dedicated servers, get 30+ free games (for PS4 which you can keep for a lifetime, more if you have a PS3 or a Vita), constantly new updates/features, 15gb online cloud game data backup, exclusive discounts, exclusive access to game beta's, access to older game titles for legacy systems.

Metal Gear Solid V, was £50 a month or two ago. Because i'm a PS+ member, I can pick it up for £25, that's 50% off. I could almost break even on that purchase alone.

The free games alone is worth more than the £35, not to mention the tonnes of other things.

It's the same as if you want to play multiplayer on a PC, there are always going to be pre-requisites. Electricity bill, internet bill etc. Of course you'd probably have these anyway, but they are still pre-requisites to play. The same as PS+ subscription is.

Hmm... It's tempting. That's what $50 a year? I thought they charged monthly?

PC's are only good for RPG's and MMORPG's and some select games when mods are good. Not to say it isn't worth it.

I would pay for a top end PC just to see some high definition sexy females in Skyrim.

Skyrim graphics on a PC are definitely something to look at. Plus mods for cool ass outfits. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Hmm... It's tempting. That's what $50 a year? I thought they charged monthly?

You can pay every 3 months if you want or just for the year, but the more time you buy the cheaper it is.

Currently 

3 months = £14.99. (£5/month)

1 year = £39.99. (£3.34/month)

When you think of it as £3.34 per month, it really isn't anything one notices.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

You forgot Thomas the Tank Engine dragons

986240474539b04155d5287f511802a4.jpg

Edited by ccabal86, 03 December 2015 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users