Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggest RTS

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo

Hi,

Looking for something like RA2/AoE2 but modern and active online scene (not waiting 20 minutes to fill lobby, then host dcs , lag etc,).

Dont mention SC2, I have it and I cant be stressed with 100>APM and down to second build orders at this stage of my life :P. It's like after you play it for an hour or two, you feel like you just walked out of a 4 hr exam session, it's not 'fun'. 

Also no MOBAs and turn-based games.

Thanks

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Hi,

Looking for something like RA2/AoE2 but modern and active online scene (not waiting 20 minutes to fill lobby, then host dcs , lag etc,).

Dont mention SC2, I have it and I cant be stressed with 100>APM and down to second build orders at this stage of my life :P. It's like after you play it for an hour or two, you feel like you just walked out of a 4 hr exam session, it's not 'fun'. 

Thanks

Agree with SC2, why I got out of it.  Way too much stress and too much emphasis of not screwing something up without being wrecked.  I get done a single match and felt drained...too serious for my blood

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Heres a list of the ones I have enjoyed recently

Company of Heroes 2 - less base building than traditional RTS

Homeworld Remastered - RTS in space. Your base is a mothership which you upgrade, research, and build stuff from

Warhammer 40k Dawn of war 2 - Pretty close to a Moba since there is almost no base building at all. 

Age of Mythology - AoE with Minotaurs, and last I checked it was easy to find an online game.

Lord of the rings battle for middle Earth 2 - simplified RTS, have no idea the online population these days, though the servers were cross platform so it might still be kicking.

Grey Goo - Never played it myself but I heard good things about it. This might be your best bet since it came out early last year.

If you are willing to allow a bit of turn based you can roll with the total war series, Attila and Shogun are good but avoid Rome 2.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheDoom

TheDoom

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582155
  • Souls Baptized:3,494,721
  • Squadron:Delta

Company  of heroes is pretty awesome.U can also try empire earth 2 its quite identical to aoe2.

If u want a little different rts game go for europa universalis 4 or total war games ,both dont have much online scene but are fun to play.

Posted Image

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

TheDoom, you have been Baptized in FIre and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Homeworld Remastered - RTS in space. Your base is a mothership which you upgrade, research, and build stuff from

Warhammer 40k Dawn of war 2 - Pretty close to a Moba since there is almost no base building at all. 

Age of Mythology - AoE with Minotaurs, and last I checked it was easy to find an online game.

Lord of the rings battle for middle Earth 2 - simplified RTS, have no idea the online population these days, though the servers were cross platform so it might still be kicking.

Grey Goo - Never played it myself but I heard good things about it. This might be your best bet since it came out early last year.

If you are willing to allow a bit of turn based you can roll with the total war series, Attila and Shogun are good but avoid Rome 2.

Atilla good?  I bought it back on black Friday when all of the total wars were on sale.  I've only played shogun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

Gree Goo is something closest to traditional RTS. Too bad the genre has slowed down.

Attila is ok, if you've played several tW series, its old wine in new bottle. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
The rts I'd recommend they shut down the servers for it.

Honestly I don't know a good modern strategy game after they shut down my favorite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Hi,

Thanks

What is your steam name?  I'm bored at work most days in winter, started to download some steam games to play.  Never played DOTA though

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Atilla good?  I bought it back on black Friday when all of the total wars were on sale.  I've only played shogun

I don't like it as much as Shogun but it is pretty good. 

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

davidrbr

davidrbr

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 814 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:566557
  • Souls Baptized:160,730
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:davidrbr

Try Red Alert 2 it's like AoE but with modern stuff, I'm not sure about the online community though.

The great multi tasker returns!!!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Rise of Nations is one of my favorite RTS games. The game does a phenomenal job blending economics, growth, and military action.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
This topic only makes me miss endwar more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

sins of a solar empire

lol I skimmed your post

it's not like RA2/AoE2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

Try Red Alert 2 it's like AoE but with modern stuff, I'm not sure about the online community though.

online scene is ~

Rise of Nations is one of my favorite RTS games. The game does a phenomenal job blending economics, growth, and military action.

Online scene?

This topic only makes me miss endwar more.

:)

sins of a solar empire

lol I skimmed your post

it's not like RA2/AoE2

:/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Rise of Nations was redone for Steam, so I would imagine their is a decent multiplayer community. Most of the multiplayer experience for me has been LAN parties.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588461
  • Souls Baptized:37,053
  • Squadron:Alpha

Dawn of War is really a good RTS, Dawn of War 2 was eh compared to the original. Company of Heroes is another good one.

We really should have a steam group. I rarely have my actual friends on to play anything fun on steam.

8 nukes eaten for IRON. ZI'd against Rileyaddaff for IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wu Ming

Wu Ming

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 152 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:454116

I used to play Rise of Nations. It's a little outdated at this point, but it's a damn good RTS.

LO
VE

mess with the best die like the rest

aka Austrailia

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Chess :P :P :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255

I play Total War: Rome II these days. Just finished shogun II. I'm a bit slow :P

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wu Ming

Wu Ming

Wrought IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 152 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:454116

Chess :P :P :P

chess is turn based