Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone play EVE Online? If not, do you want to try?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:549382
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Sooo, have you guys heard of EVE Online? I'm sure you have :P People call it many things from Spreadsheets Online to the most boring game ever. But one thing that stands apart from every other game is that in EVE, you make the content.

You can watch an EVE trailer here if you haven't seen the game -

Aaand some wall of text below,

EVE is probably a very different game at its core than you’ve ever encountered. EVE is much larger than most games and MMOs having been around for 11 years and over 20-something previous expansions. Despite its age, EVE is still winning awards and was recently one of the first 14 video games to be inducted into the Museum of Modern Art’s collection.

It is a “sandbox” style game where you make your own goals in the context of half a million other players making theirs in the same shared universe where, when your ship blows up, it won’t be coming back. If you are just starting off, I have 4 pieces of advice.

1-Figure out what type of gamer you are and apply your goals to EVE.
Do you like games where you amass lots of things? Try trading. Do you like to shoot people in the face? Start training towards PvP. Do you like to find new worlds? Hop in a wormhole. Do you like Real Time Strategy games? Check out Planetary Interaction and approach your decisions (even in combat) as if you are playing a RTS game.

2-Go through the tutorial.
GO THROUGH THE TUTORIAL. And pay attention. It’ll show you different game systems and help you with the UI. Fill up that Skill Queue.

3-Find someone to fly with.
It’s not called an MMO for nothing—the game is designed around multiplayer. There are plenty of starter corps looking for new pilots, which you can find by asking in help channels or using the Corporation Finder or searching EVE Forums.

If you have an experienced friend or coworker who plays EVE, even better—go fly with them. The real strength of EVE comes in the relationships you build when faced with a harsh death penalty and a single-shard world. Trust me.

4-If you feel lost, use Google or ask other players.
This seems counterintuitive, but it’s basically the same as if you had a question “IRL” and Googled for the answer. There’s more collective information out there on EVE than we could fit into a client or our website. If you want to learn about a specific system, there are great resources in YouTube tutorials and player-made wikis, especially those of EVE University.

That should get you started. In closing, the EVE Reddit community is vibrant and awesome, so check it out and ask questions there with ELI5 tags and stuff.

And finally, if you'd like to try it then here's a link to a 30-day trial account instead of the regular 14 days - CLICK HERE FOR INVITE

P.S - By accepting my invite you get extra trial time and if you do choose to subscribe at the end of the trial, I'll get rewards which I'll give you 75% of :) which should be about 800 million ISK (ingame currency)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo

We've had a few topics in the past about EVE. I play and maybe a couple others, but otherwise no one has shown much interest.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheDoom

TheDoom

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582155
  • Souls Baptized:3,494,721
  • Squadron:Delta

I played it twice both time due to busy RL was not able to play much and quit after the trial period.I have many friends from the other game I used to play in EVE who keep bugging me to join,maybe sometime in future I will give it a try again :D

Posted Image

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

TheDoom, you have been Baptized in FIre and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:

We've had a few topics in the past about EVE. I play and maybe a couple others, but otherwise no one has shown much interest.

Oh is it? Poke me if you see me online. I'm Clearion and Athena Machina

I played it twice both time due to busy RL was not able to play much and quit after the trial period.I have many friends from the other game I used to play in EVE who keep bugging me to join,maybe sometime in future I will give it a try again :D

Well, you should give it a go again and you should use my buddy code :P

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven

Sooo, have you guys heard of EVE Online? I'm sure you have :P People call it many things from Spreadsheets Online to the most boring game ever. But one thing that stands apart from every other game is that in EVE, you make the content.

You can watch an EVE trailer here if you haven't seen the game -

Aaand some wall of text below,

EVE is probably a very different game at its core than you’ve ever encountered. EVE is much larger than most games and MMOs having been around for 11 years and over 20-something previous expansions. Despite its age, EVE is still winning awards and was recently one of the first 14 video games to be inducted into the Museum of Modern Art’s collection.

It is a “sandbox” style game where you make your own goals in the context of half a million other players making theirs in the same shared universe where, when your ship blows up, it won’t be coming back. If you are just starting off, I have 4 pieces of advice.

1-Figure out what type of gamer you are and apply your goals to EVE.

Do you like games where you amass lots of things? Try trading. Do you like to shoot people in the face? Start training towards PvP. Do you like to find new worlds? Hop in a wormhole. Do you like Real Time Strategy games? Check out Planetary Interaction and approach your decisions (even in combat) as if you are playing a RTS game.

2-Go through the tutorial.

GO THROUGH THE TUTORIAL. And pay attention. It’ll show you different game systems and help you with the UI. Fill up that Skill Queue.

3-Find someone to fly with.

It’s not called an MMO for nothing—the game is designed around multiplayer. There are plenty of starter corps looking for new pilots, which you can find by asking in help channels or using the Corporation Finder or searching EVE Forums.

If you have an experienced friend or coworker who plays EVE, even better—go fly with them. The real strength of EVE comes in the relationships you build when faced with a harsh death penalty and a single-shard world. Trust me.

4-If you feel lost, use Google or ask other players.

This seems counterintuitive, but it’s basically the same as if you had a question “IRL” and Googled for the answer. There’s more collective information out there on EVE than we could fit into a client or our website. If you want to learn about a specific system, there are great resources in YouTube tutorials and player-made wikis, especially those of EVE University.

That should get you started. In closing, the EVE Reddit community is vibrant and awesome, so check it out and ask questions there with ELI5 tags and stuff.

And finally, if you'd like to try it then here's a link to a 30-day trial account instead of the regular 14 days - CLICK HERE FOR INVITE

P.S - By accepting my invite you get extra trial time and if you do choose to subscribe at the end of the trial, I'll get rewards which I'll give you 75% of :) which should be about 800 million ISK (ingame currency)

keep clicking the link but nothing happens, mind messaging me the URL?

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek
Used to play it but got bored mining 24/7 after a month.
around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

It definitely sounds pretty cool but I don't have anything to run it on and it sounds expensive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:

It definitely sounds pretty cool but I don't have anything to run it on and it sounds expensive.

It's a $15 a month sub but if you're one of those players that gets hooked to the game and can make money with one of the bazillion ways to make it, you can pay for a sub using ingame money. Currently it costs about 1.1 billion ISK per month.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

I imagine they don't have it for Linux? And what are the RAM requirements?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:

Nah, they dropped linux support some years back. RAM depends on game settings. I sometimes play from work on my shitty Dell Vostro laptop that has 4 gigs of RAM and intel HD 4000 graphics...I wouldn't play from it primarily but I could in a pinch.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

how big of time investment is this?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

i think it's like cybernations where there are also things outside the game

it can be like a second job if you're active

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

Yes it runs for Linux, but it can be a bit tricky. Here are the system requirements

as little or as much as you desire.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588461
  • Souls Baptized:37,053

Game is completely player driven, everything and everything in game is made and sold by players. I've wanted to get into this for some time since I do love me an MMO. However, the amount of time you need to sink into getting anywhere good with this game is astronomical. Though, that said, you can actually make real money off the game if you play it right. Some of the corporations are so large that there are people who's actual paying job is just to manage parts of corporations and things that happen in it. It's like if the Councilors of IRON got paid to do their jobs, but instead of taking care of 300 people, it would be more like 300,000 people. 

8 nukes eaten for IRON. ZI'd against Rileyaddaff for IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:

Take a watch, remember, these are all players, no NPC's at all. Hundreds of thousands people. Hundreds of thousands.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:

The initial learning curve can be high but with friends around it becomes easier. There are tons of new player friendly corporations that will take you in on day 1 and throw you in a battle on day 2. Trial by fire basically and you will learn faster.

Game is completely player driven, everything and everything in game is made and sold by players. I've wanted to get into this for some time since I do love me an MMO. However, the amount of time you need to sink into getting anywhere good with this game is astronomical. Though, that said, you can actually make real money off the game if you play it right. Some of the corporations are so large that there are people who's actual paying job is just to manage parts of corporations and things that happen in it. It's like if the Councilors of IRON got paid to do their jobs, but instead of taking care of 300 people, it would be more like 300,000 people.

No time like the present to join! 30-day Trial if you want :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

That is awesome. I didn't realize there was a news program for EVE now. By the way the imperium is putting up almost no resistance to the opposing coalition. Ever since Circle-Of-Two left they haven't been able to form any semblance of a defense.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:

Not on my computer, right now visiting family, so I am on a...computer only meant for the internet.

The Imperium sounds like BONES, been cruising in easy mode, thought they could get away with whatever they want because they were big, and now are fighting a superior force. Sounds like my kinda game.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:

That is awesome. I didn't realize there was a news program for EVE now. By the way the imperium is putting up almost no resistance to the opposing coalition. Ever since Circle-Of-Two left they haven't been able to form any semblance of a defense.

But according to their internal memos, they are winning the war! Mittler is really delusional :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dandy

Dandy

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 311 posts
  • Resources:

Team Money Badger.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users