Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone interested in this year's EURO 2016?

EURO 2016 France Football

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Daz Bones

Daz Bones

Freshly IRONed

• Dishonoured - Banned
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592175
  • Souls Baptized:The World
  • Squadron:Alpha

First and foremost, hello - I'm Daz Bones, currently applying to become an IRON member, and I look forward to joining you soon.

Secondly, anyone interested in this year's EURO 2016? Not sure if everyone here's a football fan, but most of you should know about this year's European football competition. Well, it's already ongoing, but that doesn't change the excitement and tension it brings to me (and hopefully all of you). And, if you guys are following this year's EUROS, who are you supporting, and who do you think is going to win? I would love to hear your opinions.

Finally, I'll let in a little secret - this thread was probably created to get my post count up so I can graduate (that's if I'm admitted into IRON of course :lol:).

EURO 2016 - COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Posted Image

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729
  • Squadron:Kilo

Of course :) I'm from Belgium, so obviously I'm supporting them.

Germany to me was the favorite to win (before the tournament started).

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Discord ID:Black Rook

Damn Belgium! Beating us 3-0 :P

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

EURO 2016 has been very boring so far. Waiting for the tournament to advance to the 1/8 and quarterfinals, because 24 countries is too much. So far only Croatia has impressed me. Biggest disappointments so far are definitely Cristiano Ronaldo not being able to play with Portugal, Germany that has no real striker or wing backs for that matter (after Klose and Lahm retiring after the World Cup win) which makes them have no other game plan than to pass the ball around and some 'fans' that think that beating each other is part of the sport. Big props to the Irish fans for setting the right example. 

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

This is a big deal for Hungary, we have managed to qualifíy again after FORTY years, and not only that, but we are currently leading our group after a win and a draw. We have no illusions that we are FAR from the best, but this might be a real step out of the football sump of several decades, no wonder that literally everyone here is extatic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Daz Bones

Daz Bones

Freshly IRONed

• Dishonoured - Banned
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:

Of course :) I'm from Belgium, so obviously I'm supporting them.

Germany to me was the favorite to win (before the tournament started).

Congrats on winning 3-0 against Ireland Mandarjin! Italy was a little problem a while back, though. Germany and France are favourites to me actually. Dimitri Payet's on fire!  :lol:

Damn Belgium! Beating us 3-0 :P

Lol  :lol: ! Black Rook and Mandarjin have a little competition...

EURO 2016 has been very boring so far. Waiting for the tournament to advance to the 1/8 and quarterfinals, because 24 countries is too much. So far only Croatia has impressed me. Biggest disappointments so far are definitely Cristiano Ronaldo not being able to play with Portugal, Germany that has no real striker or wing backs for that matter (after Klose and Lahm retiring after the World Cup win) which makes them have no other game plan than to pass the ball around and some 'fans' that think that beating each other is part of the sport. Big props to the Irish fans for setting the right example. 

I agree... actually the only part I'll disagree with is that the EURO has been boring - for me it's been fab as we're (England) are at the top of our group with the last matchday of our group being played today! Germany drawing with Poland was a disappointment - Poland actually should have won the game with the chances they had, which is even more ridiculous. With Ronaldo, I'll say that arrogance doesn't get you anywhere in life except crying after a match saying the other team you played was crap when you're the guy who flopped most chances when they got to you  :P.

This is a big deal for Hungary, we have managed to qualifíy again after FORTY years, and not only that, but we are currently leading our group after a win and a draw. We have no illusions that we are FAR from the best, but this might be a real step out of the football sump of several decades, no wonder that literally everyone here is extatic.

HUNGARY!!! They're doing really well, not going to lie on that. They're at the top of their group, which is AMAZING! I'd say that they shouldn't lower their guard down in their final group game and that they should focus - they do have Ronaldo next game, which could be a challenge. I am supporting Hungary on that game though, Ronaldo can suck my toe  :lol: (sorry Portugal fans)

Posted Image

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

actually the only part I'll disagree with is that the EURO has been boring - for me it's been fab as we're (England) are at the top of our group

Of course you wouldn't agree, because your coach has the tactician genius of a 10 year old. England, with the player material that they have, should have cruised easily through this group. Last game against Wales was a prime example. Kane and Sterling were terrible, second half Vardy and Sturridge come England still play without idea, yet the goals fall anyway. Why would you start with Kane and Sterling anyway?

About the part about Ronaldo. I didn't mean the whole whining after the Iceland game, or the penalty miss last game against Austria. I'm talking about pure football technical in which Ronaldo doesn't really seem to working with the team. I mean what is Portugal's plan? Play 3 wingers and hope that Ronaldo makes something out of it. Again same with Germany, there is no striker where Ronaldo can pass it off to or to distract the defence, which means Ronaldo thinks that he has to force things. Also I find it funny that people immediately jump on the hate train after Ronaldo doesn't do well. Don't get me wrong he's acting like a child sometimes, but hasn't that always been the case? (This coming from a United fan) Every time he fails on a football level, people immediately attack his person and I don't like that.   

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Daz Bones

Daz Bones

Freshly IRONed

• Dishonoured - Banned
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:

actually the only part I'll disagree with is that the EURO has been boring - for me it's been fab as we're (England) are at the top of our group

Of course you wouldn't agree, because your coach has the tactician genius of a 10 year old. England, with the player material that they have, should have cruised easily through this group. Last game against Wales was a prime example. Kane and Sterling were terrible, second half Vardy and Sturridge come England still play without idea, yet the goals fall anyway. Why would you start with Kane and Sterling anyway?

About the part about Ronaldo. I didn't mean the whole whining after the Iceland game, or the penalty miss last game against Austria. I'm talking about pure football technical in which Ronaldo doesn't really seem to working with the team. I mean what is Portugal's plan? Play 3 wingers and hope that Ronaldo makes something out of it. Again same with Germany, there is no striker where Ronaldo can pass it off to or to distract the defence, which means Ronaldo thinks that he has to force things. Also I find it funny that people immediately jump on the hate train after Ronaldo doesn't do well. Don't get me wrong he's acting like a child sometimes, but hasn't that always been the case? (This coming from a United fan) Every time he fails on a football level, people immediately attack his person and I don't like that.   

Mate, this makes a lot of sense - a manager with the 'tactical genius of a 10 year old' saves us the game and the top position in our group with his substitutions. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it, Yehom? I agree with the foolishness of starting those 2 newborn giraffes Kane and Sterling, but still credit Hodgson for his right decisions in the second half. Kane and Sterling will not start today, that's for sure. If they do, then you have the right to comment on Hodgson's '10 year old tactical genius'. 

Ronaldo can suck my toe, like I already said. He can go down with the rest of Portugal, you know. It's Portugal that's heavily relying on Ronaldo as a part of their in-game tactics, so if Ronaldo isn't getting those goals, what can Portugal do really? Portugal have the right to rely on Ronaldo due to his great football ability, but he's having his downs this EUROs.

Oh, finally, you said only Croatia impressed you. What about France and Dimitri Payet? What about Hungary leading their group, having only qualified after FORTY years?

Posted Image

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Germany

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

Black Rook, on 20 Jun 2016 - 14:29, said: Damn Belgium! Beating us 3-0   Lol   ! Black Rook and Mandarjin have a little competition...
That was because of our shitty line-up, which was a lot better last game. :D Now we just have to hope Carrasco and Dembele aren't to severly injured...

I liked Croatia a lot as well, but they have a problem with a possible injury to Modric now. Spain is also playing better again, after the disaster on the last WC.

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

Mate, this makes a lot of sense - a manager with the 'tactical genius of a 10 year old' saves us the game and the top position in our group with his substitutions. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it, Yehom? I agree with the foolishness of starting those 2 newborn giraffes Kane and Sterling, but still credit Hodgson for his right decisions in the second half.

Talk about blind love. If Hodgson were even close to a good coach he would have started with the right starting 11 from the start wouldn't he? He fucks up by again playing Kane and Sterling and only fixes it 50 min into the game. Bravo, well done, great coach. Top position in the group, well done. Too bad your best bet of competition is Slovakia and saving a game against what? Freaking Wales, not Germany, France or Spain, no Wales. If this was any other country you would have 100% agreed with me, but it's England you won't.

What about France and Dimitri Payet? What about Hungary leading their group, having only qualified after FORTY years?

France: no, Payet: yes. France is missing a real striker. If Benzema wasn't involved with the whole sex tape drama, France would be the clear favorites. Both wins have been in the last few minutes of the game, coming from individual skill, rather than from a team effort. There is a lot more potential in the France squad than that they are displaying at the moment. Whether that is due to the coach or the players mindset is up for debate. 

Hungary. Well let's see them in the next round and how they will fare there, because so far their competition has been close to non. 

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
1. Germany
2. Poland (Both are my heritage)
3. Italy (my wife)

Yehom is just bitter because the Dutchies didn't get in.

Also, unrelated - GO USA! Semis of Copa America Centario!
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

No, I will be the first person to tell you that the Dutch national team was absolutely and utter shit under Hiddink. I'm not bitter, because even if we didn't manage to qualify ourselves, Hiddink would have probably embarrassed himself on an even bigger stage. Unfortunately not everybody can watch football objectively without country or club preference clouding your judgement. I watch the sport, because I love the game, not the other way around

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

Still Germany.

But on a serious note, Spain is looking strong as well.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
 Hungary. Well let's see them in the next round and how they will fare there, because so far their competition has been close to non.

I don't think we will win, not by a long shot, but it doesn't matter. What matters to us is that we finally have a team that may not consist of the most skilled players on Earth, but have a fighting spirit and don't just say "fuck it, I'm getting paid anyway, why bother". What matters to us is that after decades of abysmal performance fueled by indifference any cynicism (only a few years ago Romania beat us 11-1!!!!) we finally have these enthusiastic young guys who wanted to make a difference and a coach that not only knows his trade but can also motivate, and guess what? It worked! This is what really matters :)

Also and I checked the exact time since we last qualified and actually it was 44 years, lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:

No, I will be the first person to tell you that the Dutch national team was absolutely and utter shit under Hiddink. I'm not bitter, because even if we didn't manage to qualify ourselves, Hiddink would have probably embarrassed himself on an even bigger stage. Unfortunately not everybody can watch football objectively without country or club preference clouding your judgement. I watch the sport, because I love the game, not the other way around

I'm American, remember? The US Mens Team has always sucked.

Besides, I hadda learn the game. My Father-In-Law wouldn't have let me marry his daughter if I didn't.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
The latter part of that comment was directed to daz bones, not you Finster

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I don't think the US team sucks, they have a great coach and a World Cup winner, I'm English and a Spurs fan and hodgeson made the right decision in dropping Kane, but I still think he didn't get the service I would like to have seen Vardy and Kane play together, not on here but I have made my feelings very clear on Roy Hodgeson and dinosaur tactics, it had nothing to do with his coaching skill that England got through but the players he basically had to play on form alone. Do I think we have a chance of winning it no, but with another coach and this team I can see a good World Cup my Choice is France and it has nothing to do with payet, I just think they are the better team, but you can never count out the Germans and Spain.

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

I am in it for us to lose, anything better is a bonus :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
I'd like to see Italy win it again, but if I were betting money, it would be Spain or Germany.

Jurgen has been good for the US team. I'd like to see them beat Argentina tomorrow, but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Finster Baby
Acme States

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users