Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield 1 Open Beta

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

Open beta is out tomorrow, if you have a PS4 let's get on and play!

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Fuck yea...is it for anyone or only if you preordered?  I'll be on this weekend

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Fuck yea...is it for anyone or only if you preordered?  I'll be on this weekend

it's open beta boi, it'll be available in the PSN store for free!

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:

I saw someone playing yesterday, shit looked dull

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

I liked it.  It kept me busy most of the weekend, and was only a single map.  Love owning people sniping 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I played it Saturday night on PC. Painfully average shooter witch kept crashing and kept forwarding me to the purchase game screen. No people. I don't want to spend 60 dollars for this game that keeps crashing and is rather average. Like if battlefield and battlefront had a baby with limited options and spotty hit detection both sides. There were times I clearly should of been dead but survived somehow. I'll pass on this game.

Side note. I do like battle field 4 more then this game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

There definitely was some bugs and crashes that came along with it, however it's a Beta for a reason.  I got kicked out occasionally or blue screen crashed, but it seemed to get better as the weekend went on.  The start menu sucked trying to get to in game, it literally took forever to load the actual menu and you just stood there while this is all going on.  

It brought enough enjoyment for me over the period to give it a go when it comes out.  Plenty of gun's avaiable, and more slots obviously for when the game comes out.  Customizing I'll wait to see...being from BF1 era, I don't know how much customization will be really there for guns.  

Beats the hell out of cod anyday.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Plenty of gun's avaiable, and more slots obviously for when the game comes out.  Customizing I'll wait to see...being from BF1 era, I don't know how much customization will be really there for guns.

Completely speculating here, but my best guesses are modifications that tend to follow historical examples, which occurred over the course of the war. EA has made it very clear they want to build a game having as few anachronisms and fiction as possible. Obviously there will be times when this course gets deviated (aka Zepplins being used as gunships), but it looks like they want to offer a unique experience and not another generic FPS.

Not sure on what year(s) the game will be set in. But I have taken a look over at the IMFDB page for the game and drew some conclusions. The classes are:

Assault: Similar to anti tank. Uses heavy anti-vehicle weapons, submachine guns, or shotguns.

Medic: automatic or semi-automatic rifles.

Support: uses machine guns.

Scout: uses sniper rifles.

Vehicle classes include:

Tanker and Pilot: uses pistol-carbines and the former having a repair tool

Now that we know what weapon types will be in the game, we can compile historical adaptations which were not standardized, but were nevertheless present for regular/limited military use. Infantry rifle mods will be scopes and bayonets. We already know the Scout class already has a scoped rifle, so perhaps a higher power scope will be available for unlocking. Bayonets will likely be available for almost all bolt action rifles, most shotguns, and a couple submachine guns. Armored cars may have access to improved tires for quicker acceleration or additional armor plates. Tanks will likely be given better engines.

As for specific weaponry/vehicles some of these have been seen ingame, while others are speculation.

Mark V Tank. Historically their were 2 versions for each Mark Tank. Mark V Male tanks had: Two 6-pounder and four .303 Hotchkiss Mk 1 Machine Guns. Mark V Female tanks had: six .303 Hotchkiss Mk 1 Machine Guns. I imagine this tank tank will start as the Female version, with the option to upgrade to the increased firepower of the Male version. The Male version would be more anti tank/anti vehicle. The Female version would be more anti infantry. This whole paragraph is speculation and not confirmed. Although ingame screenshots appear to show the Male version.

There is an ingame screenshot of a screen that says "customize attack plane". You see a Bomb icon and the plane appears to have a small bombload near the wheels. Possible modifications could include longer bursts from the machine gun, increased bombload, decreased bombload for better maneuverability + speed, or improved engines. This is all speculation.

Springfield M1903 Mk 1 fitted with the semi auto Pederson device. This modification was never used in the war, as it ended before being introduced. Ingame screenshots show this weapon being used so I this will probably be a modification for the Springfield M1903.

Winchester Model 1907 might have an extended magazine. This is speculation as the ingame screenshot magazine appears smaller than what the ammunition count actually holds ingame. Larger magazines were produced so these could theoretically appear as modifications. This paragraph is speculation.

Machine guns may have the option for an anti aircraft gun sight. This is speculation.

Model 24 "Geballte Ladung" ("Bundled Charge") grenade may unlockable. Whereas a player would normally only be able to throw 1 at a time. This is speculation but the Geballte Ladung has been seen ingame.

Luger LP08 "Artillery" is spotted on the box art with a snail drum magazine. This magazine may be unlockable.

Here is the IMFDB for those who want to browse it. I will be looking forward to seeing these weapons added and how they perform according to their historical counterparts.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battlefield_1

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I was really hoping this was going to be a game where they had fewer fully automatic weapons and made those that were unreliable / rare as they would have been and forced most people to used single shot rifles.

I have been deeply disappointed to find just another arcade FPS.

tl;dr not buying xD.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

I was really hoping this was going to be a game where they had fewer fully automatic weapons and made those that were unreliable / rare as they would have been and forced most people to used single shot rifles.

tl;dr not buying xD.

yeah basically this.

I had fun playing, also like how the party system is setup, but not gonna play more than the beta

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/?

around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

tl;dr not buying xD.

I had hoped machine guns would be static defense points that couldn't be moved, or could only be moved very slowly.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

This is a decent game. Would be nice to have some town maps though!

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Plenty of gun's avaiable, and more slots obviously for when the game comes out.  Customizing I'll wait to see...being from BF1 era, I don't know how much customization will be really there for guns.

Completely speculating here, but my best guesses are modifications that tend to follow historical examples, which occurred over the course of the war. EA has made it very clear they want to build a game having as few anachronisms and fiction as possible. Obviously there will be times when this course gets deviated (aka Zepplins being used as gunships), but it looks like they want to offer a unique experience and not another generic FPS.

Not sure on what year(s) the game will be set in. But I have taken a look over at the IMFDB page for the game and drew some conclusions. The classes are:

Assault: Similar to anti tank. Uses heavy anti-vehicle weapons, submachine guns, or shotguns.

Medic: automatic or semi-automatic rifles.

Support: uses machine guns.

Scout: uses sniper rifles.

Vehicle classes include:

Tanker and Pilot: uses pistol-carbines and the former having a repair tool

Now that we know what weapon types will be in the game, we can compile historical adaptations which were not standardized, but were nevertheless present for regular/limited military use. Infantry rifle mods will be scopes and bayonets. We already know the Scout class already has a scoped rifle, so perhaps a higher power scope will be available for unlocking. Bayonets will likely be available for almost all bolt action rifles, most shotguns, and a couple submachine guns. Armored cars may have access to improved tires for quicker acceleration or additional armor plates. Tanks will likely be given better engines.

As for specific weaponry/vehicles some of these have been seen ingame, while others are speculation.

Mark V Tank. Historically their were 2 versions for each Mark Tank. Mark V Male tanks had: Two 6-pounder and four .303 Hotchkiss Mk 1 Machine Guns. Mark V Female tanks had: six .303 Hotchkiss Mk 1 Machine Guns. I imagine this tank tank will start as the Female version, with the option to upgrade to the increased firepower of the Male version. The Male version would be more anti tank/anti vehicle. The Female version would be more anti infantry. This whole paragraph is speculation and not confirmed. Although ingame screenshots appear to show the Male version.

There is an ingame screenshot of a screen that says "customize attack plane". You see a Bomb icon and the plane appears to have a small bombload near the wheels. Possible modifications could include longer bursts from the machine gun, increased bombload, decreased bombload for better maneuverability + speed, or improved engines. This is all speculation.

Springfield M1903 Mk 1 fitted with the semi auto Pederson device. This modification was never used in the war, as it ended before being introduced. Ingame screenshots show this weapon being used so I this will probably be a modification for the Springfield M1903.

Winchester Model 1907 might have an extended magazine. This is speculation as the ingame screenshot magazine appears smaller than what the ammunition count actually holds ingame. Larger magazines were produced so these could theoretically appear as modifications. This paragraph is speculation.

Machine guns may have the option for an anti aircraft gun sight. This is speculation.

Model 24 "Geballte Ladung" ("Bundled Charge") grenade may unlockable. Whereas a player would normally only be able to throw 1 at a time. This is speculation but the Geballte Ladung has been seen ingame.

Luger LP08 "Artillery" is spotted on the box art with a snail drum magazine. This magazine may be unlockable.

Here is the IMFDB for those who want to browse it. I will be looking forward to seeing these weapons added and how they perform according to their historical counterparts.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battlefield_1

You know more about the weapons/vehicles back then then I do.  

I only played sniper class so I'm not sure on all the guns in each class besides that.  

What I know from playing/being killed by

- SMLE/Gewehr were the main snipers so far with different caliber, and different ones (marksman, forget the other).  There was a carbine one as well

- Was a flamethrower

- Couple different pistols

- Trench auto gun

- Various melee weapons from knives to shovels

- Snipers all had bayonets

- Two different style tanks

- Train with guns

-  Artillary cannons/AA's

- Horse's with a gun and can switch to sword

- Transport Vehicle

-  Snipers had a special kind of round to injure tanks/transport vehicles (k bullets)

-  Few different grenades/gas

- Shotgun

-  Attack plane and bomber.  Attack planes had room for a back gunner, could change what shells it had.  Bomber had 2 gunners as well as the bomber guy, could drop bombs/grenades/napalm like I believe depending on how you set it up

- Dynamite

- Could repair tanks/planes while inside of tank (didn't have to go outside of it, dont like).  Had to hold down d pad...couldn't steer plane while repairing

Not descriptive I know, but didn't really pay attention to many other classes besides sniper or take notice of names of guns.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users