Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I found something really cool. Thought I would share.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World is an absolute favorite of mine, and this will explain why. If you have not seen this movie, maybe this will peak your interest enough for you to step up the effort to watch this great story about why the British always had the greatest naval commanders. Yeah, I know I'm an American, but there's nothing wrong with the truth.

My oldest daughter has always hated Russell Crowe... I think because he ruined Meg Ryan's marriage, but I have always liked his amazing portrayal of many complex characters. Let me know what you think.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheWanderer

TheWanderer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,136 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540466
  • Souls Baptized:1,106,444
  • Squadron:Alpha

Great video, thanks Lys! I enjoyed that movie when it came out.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

I enjoyed that movie when it came out.

Yes, but now I feel old since I'm reminded that the film came out in November 2003.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheWanderer

TheWanderer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,136 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540466
  • Souls Baptized:1,106,444

I enjoyed that movie when it came out.

Yes, but now I feel old since I'm reminded that the film came out in November 2003.

Ha! I didn't even think of that. Shit, we are old.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

iwin90

iwin90

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 4,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:347458
  • Souls Baptized:1,910,193

good moive

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
It was a darn fine film.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Pretty good movie, remembers seeing it with my parents in the movies....

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You guys think you're old... Band of Brothers is still great, made in 2001, Braveheart, 1995... you guys watch Star Wars on Blu-Ray, I watched it at the La Habra Fashion Square Theater in 1977... when theaters had 1 screen. If you're wondering what it's like getting older my friends, don't worry. You always think the same as you did when you were 20, maybe with more wisdom, but always with the same passion. That never changes.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593623
  • Souls Baptized:86,100
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:D34THBR1NG3R

I LOVe Band of Brothers, did it really come out in 2001? that's the year I was born but it's still amazing.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Nuked 11 times in the name of IRON!

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

-General George S. Patton

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I LOVe Band of Brothers, did it really come out in 2001? that's the year I was born but it's still amazing.

Yes. The first episode premiered on HBO September 9th, 2001... 2 days before the 9/11 attacks. It was a gloomy time.

I really struggle to find new movies that are much good. It's obvious that they... the producers and the stars... are more interested in gross receipts than great story and interesting characters. Game of Thrones is a rare exception.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Odbody

Odbody

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 66 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:605856
  • Souls Baptized:4,369
  • Discord ID:Odbody

That's a great video and this is a great movie. It is easily one of my favorite movies of all time especially historical ones.

Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die.

-Tennyson

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

That's a great video and this is a great movie. It is easily one of my favorite movies of all time especially historical ones.

I think it's so awesome that a few history nuts are joining IRON. M&C is one of my favorites as well... I'm getting that urge to watch A Bridge Too Far again soon. Richard Attenborough is Hollywood royalty in my eyes, and a modern remake of Market Garden would be borderline criminal... but I would still like to see it done.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

I think it's so awesome that a few history nuts are joining IRON. M&C is one of my favorites as well... I'm getting that urge to watch A Bridge Too Far again soon. Richard Attenborough is Hollywood royalty in my eyes, and a modern remake of Market Garden would be borderline criminal... but I would still like to see it done.

One of these days we should compile a list of some of the best historical movies and TV series. Fictionalized/Non Fiction. Political, war, diplomacy, etc...

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Odbody

Odbody

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 66 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:605856
  • Souls Baptized:4,369
  • Discord ID:Odbody

One of these days we should compile a list of some of the best historical movies and TV series. Fictionalized/Non Fiction. Political, war, diplomacy, etc...

That's actually an awesome idea. I'm always watching historical movies.

Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die.

-Tennyson

Historyh22

Historyh22

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:606062
  • Souls Baptized:125,177

Goodness I remember watching this back in 8th grade in my history class. Really enjoyed it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users