Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Election Day

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Election day is almost upon us. I wanted to create a new thread as the televised debates are long over and that thread was getting quite long.

Most of you have already seen this, but I wanted to repost my prediction for those who missed it.

Hillary wins 53% of the popular vote, Trump gets around 47%. Hillary wins the Presidency by securing 60-65% of the Electoral College, Trump only acquires an absolute max 45% of the Electoral College. The Democrats just barely scrape enough votes to switch the Senate to Democrat control, I'm predicting a +1 (possibly +2) lead over their Republican Senators. My reasoning, Democrat voter participation is traditionally at its highest during a Presidential Election. The Democrat party also desperately wants the Senate so they can get their Supreme Court pick. The House of Representatives, regardless of Democrat efforts, will remain firmly in Republican control. Republicans currently have 247 seats to the Democrats 188. I consider it statistically impossible for the Democrats to regain the House. All of their efforts this year have set on the Presidency and retaking the Senate.  Democrats consider the House to be a secondary objective.

I have come to the conclusion that I should be looking on the bright side of things. After all, it might not be so bad if Clinton wins the Presidency, as I will become a very rich man! Because my armory and its contents will triple in value! :lol:

So come share with us your predictions, comments, and plans for election day! I will personally be working on house projects most of the day, and my wife and I will go vote in the evening. Like everyone else, I too will be constantly checking the results every hour.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I'll re-post mine as well...

As election day approaches, maybe I can give you a heads up on what to look for to make it easy for you.

Begin Tuesday evening by fully believing that Hillary Clinton has already won this election. The task for Donald Trump will be to take it from her. The news channels will first talk about "Exit Polling"... this will give you a look into the mood of the voters, but it's not an indicator of the official vote. In 2004, the exit polls strongly indicated a John Kerry win and they were all pretty shocked when it didn't turn out that way. So save yourself for the raw totals.

Watch New Hampshire first. If Trump wins there, he's on a strong path to win. If Trump wins Pennsylvania... go to bed early because he's the next President. If Hillary wins in Florida, North Carolina, or Ohio... go to bed early because she's the next President. If Hillary takes New Hampshire and Pennsylvania... and Trump takes Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio... Trump will have to win in Michigan or Wisconsin to keep it close. Hopefully it will not get to where you have to wait for Nevada and Colorado returns, but we have seen things go really off the rails before, so don't be shocked.

I predict Hillary Clinton will win because there are just too many states that Trump must win, and too many states that Hillary only has to take one to block a Trump victory. The real fun will begin on Wednesday. Good luck my friends... we're gonna need it.

There will be no bright side.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eva999

Eva999

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 483 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:176412
  • Souls Baptized:3,064,366
Going to be voting for the first time this year, mostly so I can vote on some local measures since CA is a given pretty much. Should be an interesting night, though will certainly have the popcorn ready to watch the melt downs on either side.

XnYEu.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

I'm predicting a very close Hillary victory 52-48 in popular and 298-240 in electoral. Republicans get 52 seats in Senate and 230+ seats in the lower house.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Niels

Niels

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,810 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:520160

Unlike some of the above, I'm predicting that there is just enough life left in the minor party candidates to deny anyone a majority of the popular vote:

Prediction:
49% - Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine [D]
45% - Donald Trump / Mike Pence [R]
04% - Gary Johnson / Bill Weld [L]
01% - Jill Stein / Ajamu Baraka [G]
01% - Various others, including Evan McMullin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

It looks like Clinton will win the popular vote by a narrow margin, but will win the electoral vote by as much as 51-54%  I'm hoping for a wide margin because it will help bring the country out of crazy mode.  I couldn't even begin to take a wild ass guess about The Senate.  I think it could go either way.   I am praying that the Dems take The Senate, not just because of the Supreme Court being in existential jeopardy,  but also because I am disgusted with the government shutdowns, and the stubborn refusal to even discuss important issues which effect every one American citizen in recent years.  Personally, I think there should be term limits for both houses... but I digress.

So that is my optimistic opinion based on the numbers being put forth.  However, I still think Trump will win because my country has gone mad.  18 months ago we all  thought the very idea of Trump being the Republican nominee was absurd.  Even a year ago, I laughed at the idea.  When he called Mexicans rapists and murders, I thought he was finished.  When he said that his plan for a wall btwn the USA and Mexico was literal and that he believed it would stop the influx of "illegals, I thought he was done.  When he bragged that he could murder someone in Times Square and not lose voters, I was sure he was finished.  When he called for people at his rallies to beat up protesters and offered to pay their legal fees, I thought he could never stand a chance.  When he discussed his penis size during a republican debate... I have been wrong too often to believe he will lose until I actually see that he has lost.

The House of Representatives, regardless of Democrat efforts, will remain firmly in Republican control. Republicans currently have 247 seats to the Democrats 188. I consider it statistically impossible for the Democrats to regain the House.

I agree with this prediction because it is clear that gerrymandering has corrupted the system so badly that we will be unable to get a fair distribution of representation in voting districts until the next census is taken, 4 years from now.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
#soexcited
<-------------

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Don't really care who wins at this point. I think Hillary is the safer pick. She's predictable. I don't think she'll start WWIII, I think she's more likely to play it safe, try diplomacy. Trump is less predictable IMO. If you want any change at any cost, he's definitely your guy. Who knows what he'll do though. I suspect he may do a lot less than Trump supporters think.

Either way, I felt I needed to post this song. Trump supporters should appreciate it. Saints Row IV is a great game too, highly recommend.

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Don't really care who wins at this point. I think Hillary is the safer pick. She's predictable. I don't think she'll start WWIII, I think she's more likely to play it safe, try diplomacy. Trump is less predictable IMO. If you want any change at any cost, he's definitely your guy. Who knows what he'll do though. I suspect he may do a lot less than Trump supporters think.

Either way, I felt I needed to post this song. Trump supporters should appreciate it. Saints Row IV is a great game too, highly recommend.

That was a good song. Never played any of the Saints Row games but I have a friend who owns a bunch of them.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

As election day approaches, maybe I can give you a heads up on what to look for to make it easy for you.

Begin Tuesday evening by fully believing that Hillary Clinton has already won this election. The task for Donald Trump will be to take it from her. The news channels will first talk about "Exit Polling"... this will give you a look into the mood of the voters, but it's not an indicator of the official vote. In 2004, the exit polls strongly indicated a John Kerry win and they were all pretty shocked when it didn't turn out that way. So save yourself for the raw totals.

Watch New Hampshire first. If Trump wins there, he's on a strong path to win. If Trump wins Pennsylvania... go to bed early because he's the next President. If Hillary wins in Florida, North Carolina, or Ohio... go to bed early because she's the next President. If Hillary takes New Hampshire and Pennsylvania... and Trump takes Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio... Trump will have to win in Michigan or Wisconsin to keep it close. Hopefully it will not get to where you have to wait for Nevada and Colorado returns, but we have seen things go really off the rails before, so don't be shocked.

I predict Hillary Clinton will win because there are just too many states that Trump must win, and too many states that Hillary only has to take one to block a Trump victory. The real fun will begin on Wednesday. Good luck my friends... we're gonna need it.

What happens if Trump wins New Hampshire, Florida, North Carolina and Ohio, but loses Pennsylvania?

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

What happens if Trump wins New Hampshire, Florida, North Carolina and Ohio, but loses Pennsylvania?

Think he would need to then break through Michigan/Wisconsin/Nevada/Minnesota.   Not sure how many of those he would need.  He was leading In VA for awhile, but I'm showing Clinton has now taken the lead there, likely due to votes from Northern Va.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

Think he would need to then break through Michigan/Wisconsin/Nevada/Minnesota.   Not sure how many of those he would need.  He was leading In VA for awhile, but I'm showing Clinton has now taken the lead there, likely due to votes from Northern Va.  

If she gets Virginia (which she will) does it affect anything?

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
Not too much. VA is a swing state but she was expected.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/forecast/president

NY Times is giving him 92% of winning...which is surprising

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Trump's got this one.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

Looking like he very well might win right now. He's winning all the battleground states so far.

Trump's got this one.

At first I thought your sig was a pic you posted after saying "Trump's got this one." might be fitting. xD

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

At first I thought your sig was a pic you posted after saying "Trump's got this one." might be fitting. xD

Well if he does win I sincerely hope not. being positive is just about the only thing we can do and hopefully that does some good.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
He's got it. He's pulling ahead in PA and MI.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
I woke up 3 hours ago, checked reddit because MSM is so lame, and dumped my dollars :P.

Also, Bernie sends 'Fuck you and best regards' from WI and MI.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users