Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Donald Just Hit Syria

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

The USA has launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at Assad...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636?cid=eml_nbn_20170406

Let's hope the Russians were smart enough to take cover.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
It is a great feeling having a leader with a spine again. Obama is gone and we aren't in the shadows anymore.

But I do sincerely hope future military action will go through Congress. Last thing the world needs is another Libya intervention. Because as much as I despise Assad, eliminating him would create a massive power vacuum. Things would get a lot worse before they would have a chance at improving. The countless splinter factions would still keep fighting one another.

Launching clandestine raids, air strikes, and missile strikes is one thing. But even I know committing to a military ground campaign in Syria would be a nightmare. Not saying the US, NATO, UN couldn't do it, but its a quagmire we should really avoid. North Korea is where our focus should be. I'll spare the technical details and sources, but they are getting quite close to ballistic missiles carrying nuclear warheads. All they really have to do at this point is get reliable missile launches. And ever since Trump has become President, NK has been rushing to perfect this technology. They know time is running out, and its crunch time to get a functional nuke.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

But I do sincerely hope future military action will go through Congress. Last thing the world needs is another Libya intervention. Because as much as I despise Assad, eliminating him would create a massive power vacuum. Things would get a lot worse before they would have a chance at improving. The countless splinter factions would still keep fighting one another.

Trump doesn't have a problem with Congress... he wanted to show strength quickly without warning. This move was more for his current visitor, the President of China... I think he will be letting him know that Kim Jong-un is coming to an end, and it's up to him how it all goes down. I don't know if allowing murderous rulers to stay in power is a good trade off for that power vacuum. I like people having the chance to choose their own good leaders. but I have always been a fan of just blowing up the bad guys whenever they take power and say, "Nope, not that guy. Try again". This is Trump though, and if you put the fate of those countries in his hands, he will expect payment and reparations... like all that oil over there. :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

It is a great feeling having a leader with a spine again. Obama is gone and we aren't in the shadows anymore.

I don't think I could agree any more with this statement. I knew that when the deployment of troops in the Middle East was being re-classified we were back in business, and this time we're doing it right. Using the full might of our military is absolutely a sign to other nations that we mean what we say now. President Trump is doing a fantastic job of showing countries everywhere that the US is serious again, and is not here to be the nice guy.

Trump doesn't have a problem with Congress... he wanted to show strength quickly without warning. This move was more for his current visitor, the President of China... I think he will be letting him know that Kim Jong-un is coming to an end, and it's up to him how it all goes down.

To highlight my point about showing the US isn't going to be getting pushed around any time soon in any deals or negotiations.

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Euphorical

Euphorical

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 431 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593253
  • Souls Baptized:728,157
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
I think this might be the only thing that Trump done right.

On North Korea - I don't expect China to waver from its current standpoint regarding North Korea aka stopping coal imports from NK and enforcing harsher sanctions. IMO because China is still unhappy about the THAAD. One thing to note is that China actually banned all coal imports from NK for a few months before reversing the ban, and I think it might be because of the THAAD.

China is afraid of US influence in Asia and hence is supporting NK because it is a buffer state between itself and US ally South Korea. China has been trying to deter US influence through financial means e.g Philippines and Cambodia, and also trying to undermine the independence of ASEAN to get it to support China against US.

Another thing to note is that China is pretty unhappy with Kim Jong Un for assasinating Kim Jong Nam and also executing Jang Song Thaek some years back. These two figures are very close with China.

I bet China will be happy for US to bomb the hell out of NK, and will not try to succumb to US's demands. Even if it removes the buffer state that is NK, China will try to conquer NK which is easier to do so when the regime has fallen (see Serial Research Project on the History and Current State of the Northeast Borderland, through which it lay lots of stupid claims).
First nuke taken for IRON : 7/9/2016 11:25:49 PM

Nuked 35 times in the name of IRON in Pink Senate War

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

It seems that the administration gave a heads-up to the russians beforehand. This fact makes this a very strong statement, something Obama should have done long ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It seems that the administration gave a heads-up to the russians beforehand. This fact makes this a very strong statement, something Obama should have done long ago.

Yes. They were able to move the aircraft. This was a warning shot. A wave of anger will occur... we already see it in Sweden. We have to get rid of these people. They are poison, and now they're everywhere.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

about time.  'Merica

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

The world's response to last night's military action in Syria was very telling.

European leaders, as well as the leaders in key middle-eastern states (Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc), were very supportive of the action that President Trump took. Meanwhile Russia, China, and Iran were critical of the move. It's shocking I know that the majority of the world responded positively to these actions with the exception of those who are being challenged by Trump.

In addition to the above, there have been dozens of reports from Syrian nationals who have praised Trump for taking action against Assad.

It is nice to see decisive action for a change instead of idle threats.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Actually, China's reaction was more neutral.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

So I guess Congress isn't needed for these kind of actions >_>

So I guess Republicans do start offensives >_>

Russia claiming they could have dropped 36 (or something) of those Tomahawks but didn't cause of "reasons", wonder if they tried and failed :D

First I heared in the morning was "59 missles launched", was thinking we could start playing checkers on that airfield :o, then images came in and it was rather "benign" or so (guess one calls it "precise bombing").

Probability of hitting Russian hardware: very

Probability of hitting Russian planes: tiny

Probabilty of hitting Russians: guess thats why they called ahead? :D

PS. good job btw, nobody really opposes this move, some just might draw some notes as to why this was handled/received differently between a Republican or a Democratic president.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

the only issue with syria is that its really impossible to support either side.  the rebels are aided by ISIS and the government uses wmd's on kids. thank god I wasnt born in the middle east

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

While I agree that Obama never would have acted like this in such a public manner, lets remember during Obama's time there was about 560 some odd drone strikes (about 50 during Bush's and we had more fighting during his terms). 

Drone strikes were so common in Pakistan that innocent civilians were scared to go outside during clear days.

Also Obama wanted to invade in 2013 but the Republican controlled congress shut him down. I don't care one way or the other to be honest, just trying to make sure everyone has their facts straight.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Also Obama wanted to invade in 2013 but the Republican controlled congress shut him down. I don't care one way or the other to be honest, just trying to make sure everyone has their facts straight.

Just so everyone has their facts straight... Obama drew the "red line" by saying he would do something if Assad started using chemical weapons... Assad used chemical weapons... the UK took a vote and said no to doing anything... Obama was scared to do anything on his own, so he went to a Republican controlled Congress to make the call... they said "No buddy, you said it, so it's on you"... Obama did nothing... Assad used chemical weapons again... Trump made the call this time. What a difference a real President makes.

I'm sure Nikki Haley made the difference between doing, and not doing. Now the United Nations will listen to her.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I don't if this is over yet the Russian navy is approaching.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I don't if this is over yet the Russian navy is approaching.

They have to act like they're doing something, or no one anywhere else will fear them. It's either send a ship to wave at us, or abandon Syria... they sent a ship to wave at us. It will be best for them to negotiate the removal of Assad and the end of ISIS, but I don't know how the Syrians feel about Russian influence in their country. We shall see.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

14wdnph.jpg

2hcn7nm.jpg

If Obama pulled this shit, you'll would be bitching he didn't go through Congress.  The hypocrisy is astounding.   

Continue with your military complex and you're need for US to play world police.  This is not something that shouldn't be policed nor dealt with solely by the US.  

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/sen-rand-paul-syria-trump-another-unconstitutional-rush-war/

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

I am more intrigued as to why Assad pulled that stunt now, perhaps his Russian overlords wanted to see what Trump would do? perhaps Assad did it on his own? Perhaps even Assad wasn't fully in the loop (with various stages of russians being in or out)?

Not that much changes on the ground, the airfield hit was a minor one (and still operational from what I hear) and it wasn't like chemial attacks were the backbone of Assad's whole strategy.

Basically you just pegged the bully's sideburns cause he brought a nailed baseball bat to a fight, in the mean time you don't care for his brass knuckles...

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA, look what I just stumbled opun, someone go ask Obama to claim a copywrite infraction! (I will leave the talks about the "safety" of that room for US posters to fling poo at :D)

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

If Obama pulled this shit, you'll would be bitching he didn't go through Congress.  The hypocrisy is astounding.   

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

This is not something that shouldn't be policed nor dealt with solely by the US.  

First... Congress is not Commander in Chief, the President is. The President can use military force in a limited action without approval of Congress. It's been this way since WWII.

Second... Sarin Gas is illegal by international law. We are obligated to act, even when no one else has the courage.

I like Rand Paul too, and I respect your Libertarian position on this issue. Opinion noted, but Trump chose a different path.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users