Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Terror

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Historyh22

Historyh22

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:606062
  • Souls Baptized:125,177
  • Squadron:Alpha

Has anyone else been watching AMC's new series? It's got me absolutely hooked 3 episodes in. Fantastic writing and great atmosphere. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Yes I am. I'll watch anything Ridley Scott touches, and it's stuffed with some of the finest actors around... although two of them have already been killed off. I'll watch till the end, because it's amazing and a very original story.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

it looks good, ill have to check it out! 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
I watched the first 3 episodes, found it irritating, and got bored after I found out what actually is known about what happened to them. BUT it was kind of nice to see the guys from “Rome” together again (Caesar and Brutus).

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

it was kind of nice to see the guys from “Rome” together again (Caesar and Brutus).

BOOM! You know your shows! Tobias Menzies has gone on to star in more high profile roles in Game of Thrones and Outlander... and I hear he is slated to play Prince Philip in future seasons The Crown. Agree with you on The Terror... it's starting to get in the realm of too much sci-fi for my taste, and the inevitable decline in moral will turn the show much more dark. I will continue till the bitter end.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

it was kind of nice to see the guys from “Rome” together again (Caesar and Brutus).

BOOM! You know your shows! Tobias Menzies has gone on to star in more high profile roles in Game of Thrones and Outlander... and I hear he is slated to play Prince Philip in future seasons The Crown. Agree with you on The Terror... it's starting to get in the realm of too much sci-fi for my taste, and the inevitable decline in moral will turn the show much more dark. I will continue till the bitter end.

You know why they went mad IRL?  I'll tell you if it won't ruin the show for you.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You know why they went mad IRL? I'll tell you if it won't ruin the show for you.

I haven't looked into the real event yet, but I am under the impression that the real ships were lost with all hands, and it's all a mystery. It's based on history, so knowing the facts will not ruin anything for me... Braveheart is full of BS, but it's still one of the best movies ever made!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

You know why they went mad IRL? I'll tell you if it won't ruin the show for you.

I haven't looked into the real event yet, but I am under the impression that the real ships were lost with all hands, and it's all a mystery. It's based on history, so knowing the facts will not ruin anything for me... Braveheart is full of BS, but it's still one of the best movies ever made!

This is what I read about the real events:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Also, I kind of think that if you’re going to name your ship Terror or Eribus you’re just begging fate to mess you up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Bodies were examined and it is likely they became very psychotic from lead poisoning before they starved because their canned goods were contaminated

This part has already been touched on in the show... also cases of severe scurvy is setting in.

I decided to stop watching when I read about resorting to cannibalism, it's a pet peeve of mine.

This has not been touched on in the show... yet. It's not an isolated incident, and in terms of personal survival, I can understand why.

There never was passage on that route, it is frozen year round (global climate change may change that eventually)

That sounds like wishful thinking.

On the show the captain of Eribus wanted to go back down and around, and if they had actually done this, they would have succeeded.

In the show, Erebus was damaged and Terror had to take the lead. Captain Crozier pushed for all to board Terror and abandon Erebus to keep speed before becoming ice locked, but was denied by Captain Franklin. I think they were doomed either way.

So IDK what is happening on the show, but if it's gotten sci fi, it may be because the crew was delusional.

They appear to be cursed and under constant attack by a super bear... because they accidentally killed an Eskimo witch doctor.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,080 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

i watch "The adventures of Sister Midnight"

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

I decided to stop watching when I read about resorting to cannibalism, it's a pet peeve of mine.

This has not been touched on in the show... yet. It's not an isolated incident, and in terms of personal survival, I can understand why.
As can I. I don’t judge doing what must be done to survive, I just don’t want to watch that kind of desperation and action.

There never was passage on that route, it is frozen year round (global climate change may change that eventually)

That sounds like wishful thinking.
HAH! I knew that would get a rise out of you! Btw, earth isn’t flat. Science isn’t my best subject, but empirical evidence is compelling. 😛

i watch "The adventures of Sister Midnight"

I enjoy “The Adventures of joe44,” myself. I think the main character is fascinating.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,080 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
I enjoy “The Adventures of joe44,” myself. I think the main character is fascinating.

...this is movie for adults...

:lol:

btw: actually i play in a movie:

Spoiler

Edited by joe44, 13 April 2018 - 10:13 PM.

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

...this is movie for adults...
:lol:

btw: actually i play in a movie:
Spoiler

I don’t think I caught that in theaters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member