Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fallout 76

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:609249
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:TechnicalGamerz#1337

I noticed that there wasn't a thread for this yet, so here we go.

I'm a huge Fallout fan, pretty excited to see how this turns out. A lot of rumors going around right now about what it's going to be (Online survival, traditional single player rpg, co-op focused on base building and weapon utilization). Bethesda wouldn't ruin Fallout...... right?

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON: 23

Nukes "donated" in the name of IRON: 5

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

-Plato

The day we beat the Council

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo

They didn't ruin Elder Scrolls with ESO online, my guess is Fallout 76 will be a similar for the Fallout universe. Vault 76 was set to open just 20 years after the bombs dropped, so it's "out of time" for the Fallout universe just as ESO is for Elder Scrolls. As a massive fan (1000+ hours in Fallout 3, NV, Fallout 4 - EACH) I am moderately excited for this. I'd rather play these games single player only, but if it's interesting enough, I can be persuaded.

But we'll see soon enough. Spec video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

The problem with an online game is it becomes far less immersive than a single player game. Take ESO for example, the game is fine however when you enter a cave that supposedly hasn't been entered in thousands of years only to see some asshat jumping and running out of it like a retard all sense of immersion is instantly shattered...

Online multiplayer usually comes at the cost of destroying the role-play elements of a heavy story driven RPG game. Much of Fallout's appeal over the years has been the immersion into the story and feeling of being able to effect change based on the player's individual choices. It is extremely unlikely that they can keep such elements in an online game.

Honestly, I expect an entirely different type of game whose only tie to fallout is that it will be set in the Fallout universe. If you go into this expecting a traditional Fallout game you will probably be disappointed. This doesn't mean the game will be bad, just that it won't be "Fallout".

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

The problem with an online game is it becomes far less immersive than a single player game. Take ESO for example, the game is fine however when you enter a cave that supposedly hasn't been entered in thousands of years only to see some asshat jumping and running out of it like a retard

Maybe thats why I never got into MMORPGs. Its difficult to immerse yourself in a world where every other player is called 'insert sexual reference', running around blocking entrances/exits like a moron, all while begging people to gift them money/premium items that cost real life $. I'll stick to single player RPGs and Multiplayer games that don't have a toxic playerbase.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Well, it is true that the assets shown in the trailer are made with the F4 engine, and that is entirely incapable of being the foundation from an MMO. Maybe we’ll get an optional co-op mode multiplayer... I hope that’s the case, that was at least I can play single player.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

No one was expecting a Fallout game this soon. If it ends up being multiplayer trash its no worries to me because Elderscrolls 6 should be coming out soon and then the following Fallout shortly after that. If they want to make a side game with the Fallout brand on it to milk that sweet multiplayer money to help fund single player RPGs I am not going to cry about it.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

I think we can agree that

• worst-case scenario: MMORPG, but at least they'll milk the multiplayer crowd to fund their future projects
  • best-case scenatio: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:

More leaks?

Posted Image

-Plato

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

More leaks?

Well it should be no surprise as the Skyrim Special Edition used the Creation Club. At least some of the stuff gets bundled for a reduced price, but honestly its all fluff. None of it adds anything unique or a new gameplay element. Since the Creation Club has yet to add any massive overhaul Mods.

Its unfortunate that AAA game developers are gradually moving away from Mods. Battlefield had an amazingly talented modding community and so did Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim.  So I would hate to see Fallout fall victim to gutting 90% of the modding community.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Not only that, but they screwed up the Creation Club access in some regions. see this topic for reference: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/147688/eastern-europe-players-games-ctd/202?lang=en-US&page=11

What happens is that in some regions (like Eastern Europe) you get an INSTANT CTD when you try to access the menu. I suppose it's still not fixed in 6 months. The only reason I can even play Fallout 4 is because I have it's internet access BLOCKED on the firewall, and I use the Nexus Mod Manager to load mods. Were it not for that, my game would be unplayable...

Well, I suppose we'll find out in a few days...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:

Looks like another potential leak, if the game does release 7/6 i can only imagine a logistical nightmare. A lot of copies to get out in a short span of time

Posted Image

-Plato

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
So I just watched the entire showcase.

Fallout 76 is always online, few dozen players, survival. Not sure it’s my cup of tea. I’ll wait till it’s been out a while, see how it is. As I said, I’m generally OK with it as long as the money made here fuels the development of future single player games.

Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey DLC, RAGE 2 are definite buyers for me. Excited to see what Starfield is about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Colonel Medved

Colonel Medved

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,595 posts
  • Resources:

Noclip released a documentary with Bethesda on the making of Fallout 76, lots of good information! I look forward to hearing more about this, i already have the power armor edition on pre-order lol

Posted Image

-Plato

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users